image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
image_(resized).jpeg
There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.
#101 8 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

I don't think it matters how well you wrap or pad your pinball machine.
When the semi truck flips over, your game is toast.

Not always true.

But thanks for the downvote.

#102 8 years ago
Quoted from JonH123:

Most people don't have the capability of palletizing or just don't know how.
I spent six years working in the shipping industry. What do you think happens when a wood pinball machine hits the inside of a metal semi trailer at an accelerated rate. Wrapped, palletized does not matter. Not to mention, that pinball machine is not the only thing in the truck. What happenes when the fitness machine and weight set sitting somewhere else in the truck falls on top of it when the trailer flips?

If you can't pack it..... Don't ship it

Easy answer.

#103 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#104 8 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

The pin was well packed for shipping for a normal trip. Have a look at this original picture, looks like the pin is getting worse from salvage company going to the depot in Toronto.

Yeah, looks like most of the destruction came after they "salvaged" it.

#105 8 years ago

I apologize, I haven't read the whole thread but if you can get the insurance claim through, contact Stern. You'd be surprised what extras they keep in the warehouse.. I'm betting they can piece a new cab together for you. Just save the LE plate, pf and boards from the wreckage of you can. I se to recall them helping another gentleman out a few years ago with his LOTR LE in a similar scenario.

Sorry for your loss

#106 8 years ago
Quoted from mcluvin:

Yeah, looks like most of the destruction came after they "salvaged" it.

Probably just picked up everything off the highway and threw it in a dumpster or something. Sad.

#107 8 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

Not always true.
But thanks for the downvote.

You are welcome. Don't take the down vote personnel. It's only pinball after all.

#108 8 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

Thats why you never ship if you can avoid it, you have no real control over what happens, if you want your game to get home safely, find and buy one close or take a couple of days off and make that long trek.

Unfortunately, in the pinball wasteland known as Canada that's just not an option for a lot of people looking to acquire some nice games to play.

#109 8 years ago

wow this is really too bad, was the driver ok?

#110 8 years ago

Will admit I'm not reading 3 pages of post to see if this was covered so I apologize in advance if I'm off base here.

If you or the buyer gets the game back and parts it out I would like any unbroken plastics on the game. I specifically would like the band members if they are unbroken to. I need a new Angus leg and I'm not interested in buying a whole new kit for just the one part Interested in the bell assembly (if unbroken) to as I'd like to have a spare in case mine breaks (seen it happen on a few games).

Sorry this happened to you and the buyer. Hopefully it all gets worked out.

#111 8 years ago
Quoted from wcbrandes:

wow this is really too bad, was the driver ok?

funny after over 100 posts, someone asked if the driver was ok.

#112 8 years ago

I asked about the driver first,never heard what happened to him.
85vett I had the complete band assembly in the game,with the TRC mod installed on it.
Removed it for the LCD mod.
I'm sure it's toast as well as the rest now.
If it even made it back to the depot.

We will look into fixing the game,if we can get it back.

#113 8 years ago

okay - some math here.... How Many BIBLE's were made ? was it 500 and something like 400 LTBR....

I heard 1/2 of the BIBLE's went to Australia? rumor? if so, that's 250 stateside.. and now I hear we're down to 248.... The value of everyone else's BIBLE just went up a "tick". Just trying to make light of a crappy situation. No one asked about the driver.. is he okay... hopefully just his pride is hurt.

#114 8 years ago

RIP, pouring one out.

#115 8 years ago
Quoted from pinnaf:

No one asked about the driver.. ... hopefully just his pride is hurt.

It's never the driver's fault, always a woman on her cellphone.

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from pinnaf:

okay - some math here.... How Many BIBLE's were made ? was it 500 and something like 400 LTBR....
I heard 1/2 of the BIBLE's went to Australia? rumor? if so, that's 250 stateside.. and now I hear we're down to 248.... The value of everyone else's BIBLE just went up a "tick". Just trying to make light of a crappy situation. No one asked about the driver.. is he okay... hopefully just his pride is hurt.

My BIBLE says 168 of 300

#117 8 years ago
Quoted from pinnaf:

okay - some math here.... How Many BIBLE's were made ? was it 500 and something like 400 LTBR..

Only 500 LE's produced total. 300 BIB, and 200 LTBR. That's it that's all. Sorry for the loss!

#118 8 years ago
Quoted from pinnaf:

300 BIBLE, 200 LTBR. 100 BIBLEs to Oz, 100 to Europe and 100 in North America is my understanding.

#119 8 years ago

@pingod just wondering if you got this game used from Nitro Amusements in BC?

#120 8 years ago

Nope,total opposite end of Canada.
Originally came from greatwichjohn,I got it out of Ontario.

#121 8 years ago
Quoted from SuperPinball:

Driver is OK, but apparently he DID spill his beer

#122 8 years ago
Quoted from lowepg:

Driver is OK, but apparently he DID spill his beer

I'd pour one out for him, but it seems like we're just wasting beer now.

#123 8 years ago

All pins have a few cabinet nicks here and there. Need to run diagnostics though

#124 8 years ago

If it was YOUR $11,000 game that just beefed it, would that really be the first thing on your mind?

#125 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

If it was YOUR $11,000 game that just beefed it, would that really be the first thing on your mind?

Yes. Pinball machine is a materialistic possession that can easily be replaced a life can not be. The driver "could" have been an innocent party in the accident (got cut off, ran into, tire blown out, etc) and could easily have a family with kids. Condolences could be in order but also wont stop business so after I asked that question my next one would quickly move to recourse on my losses.

I also would never ship a $11K toy without insurance though.

#126 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Yes. Pinball machine is a materialistic possession that can easily be replaced a life can not be. The driver "could" have been an innocent party in the accident (got cut off, ran into, tire blown out, etc) and could easily have a family with kids. .

The driver also "could" be fine, in fact he most likely is.

Do you think the driver's family is concerned about my AC/DC pinball machine?

You have a great attitude. I'm not saying I wouldn't come around to wondering "hey, I hope the guy is ok," but I don't think my first reaction would be to ask the shipping agent if the driver is ok when I got the call that my $11,000 pinball machine was just involved in a rollover. Just being honest.

#127 8 years ago

Does anyone know how much it costs to insure a pin for shipping?

#128 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

I also would never ship a $11K toy without insurance though.

I'm not even sure what to say...I mean they did say they tried and nobody would insure it.....
@The buyer.....just wondering...if shipping was not an option....would you have drove to get it or just pass...???...........Joey

#129 8 years ago

Depends on the shipper. Day and ross for example, will give a standard $2 per pound. You can up to $3 or in some cases $5, but that's it. You can outsource insurance or can make a claim on home insurance personal items if your policy allows and they have been forewarned of the shipment.

Lots of loop holes and grey area in the shipping business.

Oh, and if you want to be a sheep to the flock, downvote this post as well because apparently my input is horrible and comes with 0 experience.

#130 8 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The driver also "could" be fine, in fact he most likely is.
Do you think the driver's family is concerned about my AC/DC pinball machine?
You have a great attitude. I'm not saying I wouldn't come around to wondering "hey, I hope the guy is ok," but I don't think my first reaction would be to ask the shipping agent if the driver is ok when I got the call that my $11,000 pinball machine was just involved in a rollover. Just being honest.

Guess my assumption is that if you can afford to drop $11K on a pinball machine losing that cash is more of a minor inconvenience and your life wont be altered all that much. I get what your saying though

As part of shipping. Couple hundred bucks for this $$$ amount. ***edit** shipping in Canada may be more expensive or different than how it is done in the US.

As part as insuring your collection - less than a buck a day. Think it cost me an extra $20 a month or so to add them to my premium.

#131 8 years ago
Quoted from Breaking_Dad:

I'm not even sure what to say...I mean they did say they tried and nobody would insure it.....
@The buyer.....just wondering...if shipping was not an option....would you have drove to get it or just pass...???...........Joey

100% pass unless I was OK with taking the loss. Shipping is a gamble without insurance. Accidents happen everyday which is further compounded by the number of employees that work for a lot of these shippers that could care less about taking care of your stuff.

#132 8 years ago

For NAVL, I think it's free up to $1500 value, and then you pay around 50 bucks to double or triple that. I've never shipped a game worth over that amount so not sure what an AC/DC LE would go for.

#133 8 years ago

Depends on who, but it's about $100 to $150

Sometimes it's way cheaper to use an outside insurer like Shipsurance than to use the insurance offered by the freight company, and independent insurers do international no problem.

http://www.shipsurance.com/

#134 8 years ago

Use an international freight forwarder that also has a domestic trucking operation. They are all insured and love to sell addl insurance. I speak from experience.
They do however charge more for less than truckload shipments.

#135 8 years ago
Quoted from trevorm:

Unfortunately, in the pinball wasteland known as Canada that's just not an option for a lot of people looking to acquire some nice games to play.

Kinda like Sweden then, its either very rare, far, far away or way overpriced LOL

#136 8 years ago
Quoted from 85vett:

Pinball machine is a materialistic possession

Wondering how a material possession can itself be overly concerned with material possessions...

2 weeks later
#137 8 years ago

The pin has now been shipped to their storage facility in Hartland, NB. Unfortunately it looks like it is getting worse treatment as it is shipped. Just shrink wrap to a under sized skid. I have contacted Stern, no parts to build a replacement, & they say the license has expired. The remains will stay there by law for up to 9 months. As the owner decides whether to take legal action. $2 a pound.

#138 8 years ago

This game was #181 I had it ,Pingod got it from me ,it's so sad this happen too it ,it was a great playing game I enjoyed it very much

#139 8 years ago
Quoted from greatwichjohn:

I have contacted Stern, no parts to build a replacement, & they say the license has expired.

Not even a blank black cab until someone comes up with stencils or decals? Bah. Maybe in 9 months and a day.

#140 8 years ago
Quoted from Meegis:

This is going to sound like a dick comment, but... How was it wrapped?
Looks like it is still somewhat unravelled. This makes me think a lot of protective steps weren't taken. The game should have been padded inside and wrapped tight. No parts exposed. Even in a rollover, it should stay bound like a cocoon.
Where are the straps? It looks wrapped to the skid.
And to answer about the head, the pressure from impact likely pressed the head down, shattering the glass, breaking the sides free and leaving a flat back surface still wrapped. It should have had foam between the glass to glass gap and again, wrapped tight to avoid any movement.
Ive seen many pins ship, and I find the wrapping is most important.
Finally, day and Ross do make a statement before pickup, that it's best to crate these type of items. If properly crated and strapped, it likely would have been fine.
I type this all from experience over many years.
I have seen stuff shipped where

You are forgetting about all the other cargo that hit it during the entire wreck. Thats a lot of cannonballs to smash into a game no matter how it is packaged.

#141 8 years ago
Quoted from redundor:

the way it's wrapped up like that makes me wonder if they just gathered up as many pieces as they could find and jammed them together.

that's exactly what they did. On at least 3 occasions in the past year, UPS has destroyed packages and simply stuck the parts into another envelope or box with no explanation whatsover. One was a cabinet for storing pinball project parts, and they took a box 3 times the size and just tossed the parts inside loose. You could literally see forklift wheel marks on at least 4 of the wooden pieces. Shipping companies don't give a F*CK!

#142 8 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

Shipping companies don't give a F*CK!

Nope they sure don't. Insurance is a joke as well -- they always find a way out of it.

#143 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Nope they sure don't. Insurance is a joke as well -- they always find a way out of it.

I'll say it again; Insurance COmapNies are your friend, until something goes wrong. Look at Insurance COmpaNy corporate offices. Completely fenced in with barbed wire. Gatehouses and reinforced gates or pop up posts in the driveway, Like at the White House (not the sub shop in Atlantic City either), FBI offices or Yankee Stadium.

There's a reason they have this. "Happy" customers....

#144 8 years ago

I'm looking for a set of rails and a lockbar if they servived

#145 8 years ago

Here's how freight is treated at my local airport

#146 8 years ago

must have been nearly smoko time ........ Bunch of tossers!

#147 8 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

I'll say it again; Insurance COmapNies are your friend, until something goes wrong. Look at Insurance COmpaNy corporate offices. Completely fenced in with barbed wire. Gatehouses and reinforced gates or pop up posts in the driveway, Like at the White House (not the sub shop in Atlantic City either), FBI offices or Yankee Stadium.
There's a reason they have this. "Happy" customers....

I hate to defend my industry here as in many cases I agree they will try to get out whenever they can. However in this case there was no insurance purchased so hard to pin that on the insurance company or the freight company for that matter. I believe the $2/pound has held up through contracts fairly well. Not sure how successful a challenge would be. However the owners house insurance should have some coverage for contents in transit. Maybe he didn't have house insurance either though?

#149 8 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

I hate to defend my industry here as in many cases I agree they will try to get out whenever they can. However in this case there was no insurance purchased so hard to pin that on the insurance company or the freight company for that matter. I believe the $2/pound has held up through contracts fairly well. Not sure how successful a challenge would be. However the owners house insurance should have some coverage for contents in transit. Maybe he didn't have house insurance either though?

Insurance companies are definitely known to screw over customers to save themselves a penny but honestly ask yourselves if you (or someone you know) hasn't ever tried to screw over an insurance company.
And even if you don't know anyone who has... there are people out there who make a living out of exactly that.
Gotta be a tough business.

#150 8 years ago

That sucks John,all because of my AC/DC BIBLE.
Sorry man

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Ontario, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
16,500 (Firm)
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
AC/DC Glass Cover Pre-order!
Duke Pinball

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,300 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Downers Grove, IL
$ 160.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
$ 12.95
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
arcade-cabinets.com

12,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Richfield, MI
There are 157 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/one-less-acdc-biblewritten-off/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.