7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Yoski
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which Wedgehead would you buy?”

• Volley 4 votes
      16%
    • Atlantis / Texas Ranger 3 votes
      12%
    • Jacks Open / Lucky Card 6 votes
      24%
    • King Pin / Ten Up 1 vote
      4%
    • Free Fall / Sky Jump 1 vote
      4%
    • Abra Ca Dabra / Team One 7 votes
      28%
    • Top Hand / Capt. Card / High Hand 1 vote
      4%
    • Torpedo! (Recel) 2 votes
      8%

(25 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 7 years ago

We all love and enjoy pinball but to me the most modernly-fun machines that can be played over and over again, on a GENUINE (I think we all genuinely enjoy machines we own but you know what I mean? Like real 100% up to standard enjoyment each time as something actually challenging and fun (and inventive) even this day in the modern age, pinball love aside. Kind of on their own level or if I could only own one it would be one of those), fast fun basis, are Gottlieb Jacks Open and Gottlieb King Pin. These 70's games are very special, I wish I could own more. Although I love the earlier games and "specialize" in them, these 70's games in their own way stand up to even the standards of today and the challenges with drop targets they propose is something that I feel can definitely be on-par with today.

Also, you're listing some of the Italian export versions rather than the add-a-ball versions. For instance, King Pin's US add-a-ball variant is Pin-Up, not Ten-Up. Same with Atlantis' multiplayer variants being Sheriff and Lawman, not Texas Ranger, etc.. Don't let it hinder your search. You will almost never find any of these Italian variants here, and I highly doubt you are looking for them specifically (and am assuming it was an error).

Quick edit: Oh, didn't realize that Texas Ranger was a single-player export which makes a little more sense, but it still stands that it'll be very hard to find, and doesn't change the fact that Pin-Up for instance is still a single-player game, so I'm assuming error still. Looks like that is the only two though so no big deal just watch out in those searches!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Otaku.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/one-last-wedgehead?tu=Otaku and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.