Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Roostking
  • Topic is favorited by 3 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

dreams.jpg
    Hallway_mod.jpg
    TV.jpg
    SmallLiving Room_mod.jpg
    image.jpg
    image-340.jpg
    image-997.jpg
    image-769.jpg
    image-733.jpg
    image-388.jpg
    image-976.jpg
    image-357.jpg
    image.jpg
    Tapestry.jpg
    SmallLiving Room.jpg
    Livinroom2.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roostking.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Hey all, I just moved into a new house and it has what is called a "Great room", basically one large room that makes up the living room, entertainment room, whatever. Well I need some ideas for this room, Its basically going to games/pins on one side, and the television/movie area on the other side. I am looking for ideas on art, posters, trim, lighting, whatever. So if you think you have a cool idea or setup, especially in a great room like mine, post em up!! Below are some pics of what I have to work with. I dont have measurements, but you can get an idea of width at least by the lone pin on the one wall.

Thanks in advance!!

Livingroom-634.jpgLivingroom-634.jpg Livinroom2.jpgLivinroom2.jpg SmallLiving Room.jpgSmallLiving Room.jpg
    #6 9 years ago
    Quoted from RyThom:

How "functional" and family friendly does the room need to be?

No family, but there will be a GF at some point hopefully so not overy bachlorish, but it will be my house. I do want it inviting and modern. Probably wont be be hanging any beer signs up in other words(Those will go on the patio or garage!) and the one Metallica Poster and picture discs will be the one throwback to my youth, as they match my MetLE.

Quoted from Darcy:

Move the TV area over to the side with the windows. That will connect that area with the Kitchen. The windows and that sliding door will create to much glare on a sunny day, also pins and uv light are not friends.
    Now it looks like there is a large opening into a hall on the other side. Is that span over 14 feet? If it is you might want to find out if the homes structure has been altered and or built correctly, support, beam size and type, etc.That opening could be filled in fully or partially with glass blocks, that might look cool. The blocks will still allow for natural light into the hall.
    Keeping the game sounds out of the hall area may also be important. I would put the games in that area.
    It really comes down to what you like. If there is a significant other involved, they might want a say.

The span is probably not quite 14 feet, but it was built that way by the home builder, as I have seen other homes with the same cut in the wall to the hallway. Id like to keep it open, it helps make the room larger. I was thinking some hanging posters or something in that area.

I need to really look at room colors first. I have a really nice Afghan rug I bought while working over here, a rich dark red (no pics of course) that I can work with. This Afghan tapestry has almost the same darkness of red in it, for comparison.

Thanks for the suggestions and keep em coming. Some hanging art, like this stuff ebay.com link: Metal Wall Art by Statements2000

Tapestry.jpgTapestry.jpg

#10 9 years ago

Cool , thanks for the pics, I definetly need to do some recessed lighting. Looks like a great place to hang out!

#14 9 years ago
    Quoted from jayhawkai:

That rug would really tie the room together.

Thats the tapestry I have, and it will be hung up in that room

Quoted from Darcy:

The Afghans will also help absorb sound in the room. They are good either on the wall or on the floor.

Yea, both the tapestry and the rug will go into the room. I guess I need to find a color of paint that would go nicely with them..

4 weeks later
    #16 9 years ago

OK this could be quite possibly the lamest game room update ever, but I am working in Afghanistan and very bored.. So when I get home I am looking to install some lighted floating crown moulding. In the first pic, I would install some color changing leds on the "game side" for the fun element. Remember, the lights are actually hidden behind crown moulding..
    SmallLiving Room_mod.jpgSmallLiving Room_mod.jpg

This will transition above the sliding glass door into the television/movie area where I will use some regular "classy" white lighting.. This will also run down the hall.
    TV.jpgTV.jpg
    Hallway_mod.jpgHallway_mod.jpg

Hoping to achieve this look. Any suggestions are welcome.
    dreams.jpgdreams.jpg

#17 9 years ago

Not my current furniture either lol. Also, I might be taking some advice on here and swapping sides, IT games where the tv area is and vice versa

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider roostking.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/one-huge-room-living-room-and-game-room-combo-post-pics-please?tu=roostking and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.