• Sell CFTBL 80 votes
    48%
  • Sell WH2O 47 votes
    28%
  • Don't sell and save until you have the money for GB 41 votes
    24%

(168 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

http---std3_ru-17-1b-1416584178-171b02eb16bbaff42087503cf7f4e73c_(resized).jpg
IMG_00000089_(resized).jpg

There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 3 years ago

Hello folks,

here is my problem:

I want to buy a GB Pro and one of the both (CFTBL or WH2O) have to refund a GB Pro. But i'm not sure which one i should let go.

This is the rest of my 8-Game-Lineup: TWD Pro, MET Pro, LOTR, CC, TAF, Flintstones
I have the space for 9 games (7 in one room and 2 in another room).

CFTBL has a videomode and cool sound - WH2O has flow and nice ramps

It's not so easy to let one pin go, so maybe you can give me a hint.

Thank you !

#2 3 years ago

Flintstones would be my choice.
Why not it over Wh20 and CFTBL ?

#3 3 years ago

Flintstones is the "love of my girlfried" - and we have a yabba dabba doo time, a dabba doo time with it.

#4 3 years ago

I guess Whitewater. Not easy choice.

#5 3 years ago

White water...coz i'm Looking for one. Send me pics!!

#6 3 years ago

get a new girl friend and move flintstones.

#7 3 years ago

Always the easier game would go if I were in this spot, and that means WH20.

Think, also, if you wanted to re-acquire - which would be the easier game to get again.
WH20 - no question.

#8 3 years ago

Had 2 white waters, sold them both. Play is good, but hated call outs. Did a full restoration on cftbl and she is a beauty. The music, art, and theme make creature one of the most perfect titles or complete packages in pinball. It should really be in the top ten if u value the ranking system here.

A blast to play...pure fun. Will be one of the last machines to go

#9 3 years ago

hmm... you will be right... its easier to get a new WH2O. Later in the evening i will make some games with friends on WH2O and CFTBL - and then give a feedback which one bring us more fun!

#10 3 years ago

Wh20 has a better layout cftbl is cluttered in the middle just great looker. But I would let wh2o go because they seem to be easily replaced.

#11 3 years ago

White Water would be the last game I sold in my lineup. It's been my favorite pin for years. Creature is awesome but It would go first for sure.

I vote Flintstones as well.

#12 3 years ago

Does the girlfriend live with you? If not, send Flintstones to her place.

#13 3 years ago

sell CFTBL
it's spelling F-I-L-M and playing multiball over and over again...

#14 3 years ago

she lives with me... and it is not a problem of space...

#15 3 years ago

Walk into wherever you have the games, everyday for a week. Which one did you want to play first? There ya go

#16 3 years ago

Wh20 is much easier to find if you decide u want ir back.. u dont fine many cftbl for sale

#17 3 years ago

I would pick WH20 between the two, but overall I would sell Flintstones or LOTR before I sold WH20 or CFTBL.

#18 3 years ago

LOTR is just new arrived... i think he'll stay here for a while... so placed the Candidates directly side by side and Flintstones in the middle

WH2O - Flintstones - CFTBL

#19 3 years ago

I haven't owned either WH2O so take my advice as it would. WH2O is a fun game but to me it gets old after 20 plays or so and I just don't see it being a long term keeper in a home use environment. So that gets my vote to kill off.

That said, I haven't been a big fan of CFTBL but I think that comes down to me not understanding the rules and only having about a dozen total plays on one. So I'd keep that if I had those 2 pins sheerly based on giving it a chance to finding out why it's considered a top 20 pin.

#20 3 years ago

A close friend of mine has a CFTBL, and I own a WH2O. If I had a choice in picking which game I like more, WH2O definitely beats out CFTBL if I'm honest.

Don't get me wrong, Creature is a fantastic game, but WH2O edges it out slightly in both gameplay and depth of rules, imo.

Edit: Just re-read your post. Why not just save up for a GB? It's not like the game is going anywhere, and they'll be available for sale for a long while. Keep both games, and wait for a GB.

#21 3 years ago
Quoted from mbaumle:

Edit: Just re-read your post. Why not just save up for a GB? It's not like the game is going anywhere, and they'll be available for sale for a long while. Keep both games, and wait for a GB.

This honestly is the most sound advice. In addition, when you do buy it down the road it'll have more mature code. Take it from me, buying a pin with FULL complete code (not just rules, but actual code) is a much friendlier owner experience. Buying early release code games stink.

#22 3 years ago

Unless you are a huge fan of all that is Ghost Busters it is possible that WW and/or CFTBL may turn out to be better pins for you than GB. Not likely, perhaps, but possible. I'd wait. If you are determined to jettison either WW or CFTBL; auf wiedersehen WW...

#23 3 years ago

I would let the CFTBL go.
White Water is a very underestimated and under-appreciated fun and good game imo.

#24 3 years ago

White Water is pure and simple fun... much like playing baseball is. Creature is for sure more of a looker and has quite possibly the finest artwork in the history of pinball. I faced a similar choice and went for WH20. Both are really great and would hate to lose either of them. If space is not an issue why not wait a bit and get GB later?

#25 3 years ago

Ultimately save for the GB. If no choice, sell WH20.

#26 3 years ago

It probably shows how financially out of my element I am on these boards but "just save up" for something that costs multiple thousands of dollars is really funny advice.

WH20 vs CFTBL is hard, though. CFTBL has broader and funnier modes but the long-shot getting to the Vacation Jackpot in WH20 is perfect for home use - I imagine CFTBL might get tiresome quicker, but I own neither so maybe my preference for hilly ramps is misleading me.

#27 3 years ago

WH20 is ok, holds no water to the CFTBL.

#28 3 years ago

Sell Creature, I own some great pins and WH20 is never leaving.

SM, LoTRLE and Acdc are going first

#29 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sell Creature, I own some great pins and WH20 is never leaving.
SM, LoTRLE and Acdc are going first

Good sell me my Spider-Man back.

#30 3 years ago

In your scenario, I would say "Goodbye, Creature." Whoever said the game is essentially F-I-L-M and Multiball was right. I've tried to like it multiple times and it's just tedium personified for me.

#31 3 years ago

I never have liked CFTBL much. WH20 on the other hand is one of my favorite games all time.

#32 3 years ago

owned both. don't own either anymore. I think whitewater has more to offer code wise and in the long run.
sell the creech

#33 3 years ago
Quoted from vireland:

multiple times and it's just tedium personified for me.

Ditto

#34 3 years ago

I own them both... get a new girl friend, sell the Flintstones!

#35 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

WH2O is a fun game but to me it gets old after 20 plays or so and I just don't see it being a long term keeper in a home use environment. So that gets my vote to kill off.

WH20 was the first pin I ever owned. It was the only pin in my collection for about 3-4 months. I played the living crap out of that thing! Kept me coming back for more. It gets old after 20 plays??

It's ranked in the Top 20 pins of all time for a reason.

I might not go out of my way to get one back in the collection, but it will always be a pin that I have great memories of and a very high regard for.

I'd take Wh20 over Creech.

#36 3 years ago

Played wh2o the last days and it was fun. Creech also. But wh2o is not the fist pin i'll turn on.

On the other Hand its in good condition, no wear on lost mine, pf protector, speaker upgrade, all ablaze led, most ramps clear only cabinet some scratches and not all colors and two boulders bit Broken.

I think i'll never get such a wh2o for the price i paid.

Maybe the Best way will be to save money and sell all parts i do not need + waiting for extra Christmassalary and and next years bonus and vacationsalary. So then a GB pro is realistic

#37 3 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

WH20 was the first pin I ever owned. It was the only pin in my collection for about 3-4 months. I played the living crap out of that thing! Kept me coming back for more. It gets old after 20 plays??
It's ranked in the Top 20 pins of all time for a reason.
I might not go out of my way to get one back in the collection, but it will always be a pin that I have great memories of and a very high regard for.
I'd take Wh20 over Creech.

You know what. You're right I need to eat some of my words. It gets old after 20 plays for me now...but what I failed to mention is that WH2O was one of my favorites back in the 90's when I played the living snot out of it.

Goes back to that argument about lotr; one of my favorites, but I have no desire to own or even play one ever again because I played the living piss out of it.

#38 3 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

sell CFTBL
it's spelling F-I-L-M and playing multiball over and over again...

Well, it could be said that WH20 is "shooting Whirlpool and Insanity Falls over and over again..."

There's a lot more to both games, acutally, but they are from the era when next to no players owned modern machines or bought them NIB, so they were rule designs for location play only, not some super deep 1.5 hour journey into pinball netherworlds.

I've owned exactly 3 WH20's and 3 CFTBL's over the years. Slightly biased towards Creech currently, because I just got my third recently, and got rid of my third WH20 last year. Once you get the Insanity Falls shot down, WH20 does become a little easy. I got to the point of VJP almost every session I'd play, having the mine kickout bounces fine-tuned and all the shots dialed in.

With Creech, the ultimate is the 4x SJP. Which while the path is faster to achieve, it's actually on par with difficulty of VJP. Not the length of time it takes to get there, but the room for error once you get the chance. You'll fail over and over again trying for 4x SJP, with only one restart and a 2-ball multi, not a lot of room for error. But if you're nailing the left ramp, it'll (eventually) happen and you can achieve insane scores.

They're both great machines from an era when design and curb appeal trumped depth of code. There's a guy trying to improve on the Mike D design, so there will some freshening up of Creech over the next couple years and should keep it from getting stale. Also the way the music rotates, the way the monster is in random spots, etc, adds a little variety to the limited code.

Close one, but I'd keep Creature, esp if it's in nice condition.

#39 3 years ago

Both games are better than Ghostbuters.

#40 3 years ago

The thing I really like about CFTBL and WH20 is nothing else really reminds me of either of them. They have unique layouts, great theme integration, punish missed shots, and fun rules. The depth is not what the modern games are, but I don't want that in every game I own.

#41 3 years ago

I would sell CC

#42 3 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

get a new girl friend and move flintstones.

Post pics of gf for reference.

#43 3 years ago

If the Hologram is even remotely green then keep the creech. Holograms are really hard to find nowadays unfaded

IMG_00000089_(resized).jpg

#44 3 years ago

Sell your entire collection, then convert it into a bunch of coins and store them in an above ground swimming pool, then dive into it like Scrooge McDuck and see if you can actually do it without breaking your neck and bones.

http---std3_ru-17-1b-1416584178-171b02eb16bbaff42087503cf7f4e73c_(resized).jpg

#45 3 years ago

Keep them both. Of all the pins I own if I had to give a top 3 they would be LOTR, Creech and WH2O in that order.

Played some more GB last night. I hope you have put some time on this game before you make sure a drastic decision.

6 months later
#46 2 years ago

What did you decide?

#47 2 years ago

A quick glimpse at OP's collection tells us WH20 is history.

#48 2 years ago

Jettison the girlfriend. You'll save money faster and could sell the flintstones.

#49 2 years ago

And still no GB, not even on the wishlist.

#50 2 years ago

wh2o is away - and my girlfriend is still happy with the flintsontes.

No not on the wishlist - do it the next days...

played the GB and don't know which version ahould i take. i will wait till End 2017 and llok for the code. Two oft my friends habe an GB prem/le. So i can play it offen.

Maybe i sell TAF and CFTBL for a GB Premium or dell nothing and grab a GB Pro.

But Bought a MB and a BOP restoration with two new playfields. Also will add a bop 2.0 kit.

So i have something to do and should not think all oft my time about the GB.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 51 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside