Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 21 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Haymaker
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“One's gotta go. Which is it?”

• White Water 34 votes
      18%
    • Medieval Madness Remake (Standard) 20 votes
      11%
    • Ghostbusters Pro 70 votes
      37%
    • Iron Maiden Pro 25 votes
      13%
    • Jurassic Park Pro 31 votes
      16%
    • Just gimme the results 10 votes
      5%

(190 votes)

#1 1 year ago

Let's play a game.

I'll be wanting to add a Foo Fighters this summer and that means something else has to go. I suspect I know the groupthink here, but I'm ready to be persuaded/badgered/cajoled and would love to know which game you think I should say adios to.

Hit the poll, leave a comment, and let's see how this one plays out!

#2 1 year ago

Oh I thought this was gonna be tough till I saw GB. BYE BITCH!

Edit: JP Pro #2

#3 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

GB is 100% the one I expect to be selected here. And it's the one I want to get rid of. But...

It was our first pin, so there is some sentimentality at play. And I'll be damned if it isn't the first game guests want to play. It's tough to let go of a crowd pleaser, especially knowing how expensive they are now, too.

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from onemilemore:

It was our first pin...It's tough to let go of a crowd pleaser...

I feel ya.
    If Barb Wire was real popular people would play that POS a lot too. at a certain point you just move past sentimentality. Grip itc& rip it!

#5 1 year ago

Whitewater

#6 1 year ago

Whitewater. I don't feel like this is even close.

#7 1 year ago

Turtles. With FF added, the amount of neon will be insane.

#8 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

Ohhhhh....turtles would be #2 for me right after GB. Good find

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from gandamack:

Quoted from TheLaw:

Ohhhhh....turtles would be #2 for me right after GB. Good find

Turtles is already on the chopping block, so that's why I didn't list it. We have 6 and really should be at 5. So it's see ya to TMNT and one more.

#10 1 year ago

Gozer:
    Sub-creatures! Gozer the Gozerian, Gozer the Destructor, Volguus Zildrohar, the Traveller has come! Choose and perish!

#11 1 year ago

Whitewater. Fun and simple. Zero lastability.

#12 1 year ago

JP, overrated and rather boring imo.

All 90s games are fabulous and need to stay

Although GB kicks my ass 95% of the time I still like it and would love to have one at home.

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from onemilemore:

Let's play a game.
    I'll be wanting to add a Foo Fighters this summer and that means something else has to go. I suspect I know the groupthink here, but I'm ready to be persuaded/badgered/cajoled and would love to know which game you think I should say adios to.
    Hit the poll, leave a comment, and let's see how this one plays out!

Ghostbusters Pro is the easy choice. If it were the Prem, I'd say keep it, but sell the pro now, and maybe pick up a Prem down the road if you miss the game.

#14 1 year ago

Gb is garbage, easy pick here

#15 1 year ago

Honestly...I'd clean out and start again!

#16 1 year ago

You have 4 great games….and Goatf***ers. You know what to do.

#17 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Same

#18 1 year ago

Sell the Pamela game. That one sucks. {hits Staples EASY button}

#19 1 year ago

Market has plenty of JPs and IMdns for sale at all times. WW and GB…not so much. If you’re choice is WW or GB, dont plan on getting one back ever without ‘overspending’ (whatever that means). Also, love them or hate them, they’re both unique games. Some people like to say that all sterns feel ‘the same’…IMO GB is an outlier to that.

I’d move IMdn. Good game…but for me the theme is meaningless and can be replaced by any other longer-playing modern stern.

#20 1 year ago

I have all the games on that list as you with the exception of IM. I know GB has alot of varying opinions. I really enjoy it and would miss it if I didnt have one. GB is a case where the pro plays better than the premium/LE as well. If I were you, Id move IM along. Im not a fan of the music and the theme does nothing for me. There always seems to be IM for sale so, if it is missed you can pick up another one easy enough.

#21 1 year ago

I would say GB but it's should be whatever gets played less. GB plays like garbage but you can still get good money for it because of theme. Maybe JP. Sold mine because I just found it too difficult to progress. Great game but have to be a great player to make it to any wizard modes. Whitewater might not be as deep as modern games but it's a gem of that era. Not a fan of the music, but Iron Maiden blast to play.

#22 1 year ago
    Quoted from curban:

I’d move IMdn. Good game…but for me the theme is meaningless and can be replaced by any other longer-playing modern stern.

Tough but fair. I loved mine but you gotta sell one to buy one these days.

#23 1 year ago

MM. Sure, blowing up the castle is always fun, but the main part of the code of lighting each string and starting mb got stale for me.

#24 1 year ago
    Quoted from nocreditdot:

GB is a case where the pro plays better than the premium/LE as well.

Completely disagree with this. GB Pro is a boring wasteland. Nothing interesting going on and ball action is dull as dirt with the cost reductions to the BoM. That's why I said ditch that one and just get a GB Prem down the road if you miss GB. Huge upgrade.

#25 1 year ago

While Ghostbusters is hard to find and sells high, the game itself isn't that great IMO. Strike while the iron is hot, sell and get something newer.

#26 1 year ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Ok, you redeemed yourself from the $14.5K LE inquiry with the Tommy Nephew reference. Nicely done.

And yes, GB is easily the choice here. Not even close.

#27 1 year ago

Easiest choice I've ever made. Ghostbusters absolutely blows and its worth the most money. Sell it to some other sucker and pocket the cash.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/one-gotta-go and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.