1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by pins4u
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 1 year ago

I was testing some used displays that I purchased on my Stern machine. On the last two I tested, all digits except the 10s digit worked. When I put my original back in, now all of the 10s digits don't work in my original displays (the same digit doesn't work on all displays). Seems like I did something to the MPU - any thoughts?

#2 1 year ago

MPU board J1 pin 2 is the 10's digit signal to all the displays. Likely you've got a bad connection there.

#3 1 year ago

Thanks for help! It turned out that a wire had pulled out of the display connector on player 4. Fixed it and all displays are working again. Not sure I understand how but I'll take it!

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from fb_rider:

Thanks for help! It turned out that a wire had pulled out of the display connector on player 4. Fixed it and all displays are working again. Not sure I understand how but I'll take it!

easy to understand - all of the displays are daisy chained. A fault in one will (in many instances) will show in all.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/one-display-digit-out-on-all-displays-on-stern-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.