(Topic ID: 299974)

One Bally display taking out all the displays?

By vdojaq

2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Knxwledge
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_2021-09-07_120059.png
    #1 2 years ago

I have a bally Eight ball that one single display, which I have isolated and know it's the 10K digit, is causing all of the displays to falter on the 10K digit. If I remove this particular display from the chain of displays, all digits work properly. It's the same in test mode.

I have tried replacing the Q5(Level Shifter) & the Q11(Digit Driver) to repair the bad unit, but it is still happening. Any thoughts? Want to repair this one as it is a strong glass with no burns.

#2 2 years ago

Did you try checking the IC on the display itself? I would use a DMM diode test and compare it against the known good displays

#3 2 years ago

Which position is this bad display in? Player 1? The signal from the mpu daisy chains from display to display, with each display decoding the signal on their own. I have seen a bad display cause issues down stream, so the bad display must "corrupt" the data in the daisychain somehow and affect the other connected displays.

#4 2 years ago

I would also check all of the circled resistors:
    image_2021-09-07_120059.pngimage_2021-09-07_120059.png

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/one-bally-display-taking-out-all-the-displays- and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.