(Topic ID: 173853)

One-Armed Pinball Machine

By Dooskie

7 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 7 years ago

I think I've read someplace that there are, or have been, pinball machines designed for a one-armed person. Curious if anyone from the Pinside pinball community has any experience with these, and would know how to either go about finding one, or having one custom built.

The reason for my question is that my brother suffered a stroke about a week ago. He has temporarily lost use of his left arm and leg, and as of yesterday was moved from the hospital to rehab. Prognosis is good, and hopefully he may be able to walk again by Christmas. My bright idea is that pinball would be ideal in helping him with his rehab, especially with the reflexes required to play. I thought if I could get him a machine where he could play with just his right arm, and eventually work towards being able to use both arms, it might help him out.

Any thoughts or suggestions are very much appreciated.

#2 7 years ago

wasn't there a thread on this with someone make a metal bracket to push the flippers from on side

#3 7 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

wasn't there a thread on this with someone make a metal bracket to push the flippers from on side

I thought I had seen something, but I haven't been able to find it.

#4 7 years ago
    Quoted from luch:

yes, iread it to!

#7 7 years ago

A HUGE thank you to jorro and zaphod. Just what I was looking for! Thank you so so much. I really appreciate this!

#8 7 years ago

I installed a pedal switch ( 15 $ total costs) on my acdc to trigger the firebutton in multiball. ( i know thats cheating )
    N o problem to use this to replace a flipper button.
    In fact , i tested this also on this pin , but luckily i still have both hands, so i dont checked the installation on older systems.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/one-armed-pinball-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.