(Topic ID: 73432)

Once a month tournament idea for Midwest pinball players (or anyone else)

By pinballdoc

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 11 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Spraynard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

Just trying to get a feel for how many of you pinsiders would be interested in a once a month tournament at our shop/showroom. We have about 20-30 pinballs on the floor at any given time. The idea would be the first Saturday of every month, we would host a tournament. Machines would be set on free play, and 10$ would get you 1 hr of play, or 20$ would get you play from 9am-1pm. 1st, 2nd, 3rd place would win prizes. We would like to get an idea of how many people would be interested in this before we get the ball rolling and possibly set it up. The closest city to us is Indianapolis, IN. to give you an idea of your travel time/distance.

Reply to thread if your interested!

#2 10 years ago

There's a 9 AM?!?!?

#3 10 years ago

Noob. Is in. For $40 can I stay all night ?

#4 10 years ago

Indianapolis sounds good...... where's your place located?

Sounds great to me!... Need to know how far from Indy as we would be grabbing a Hotel for that much fun.

1 week later
    #5 10 years ago

Saw you on Channel 8 News. Great place ! Cant wait to get up there !

#6 10 years ago

I didn't see on Channel 8 news......

Where is this? I would just like to visit whether or not there is a monthly get together........

OK..... guess I should just go check out his profile?

Still new.......... learning everyday.

#7 10 years ago

Hey Geremy. I see yer in Bedford. Just up the road in B- town. Taking my girls to Disney tomorrow for 5 days. But after that, want to take my 9 yr. old to Docs. Its in Greenfield, IN. Or, we could play one day at IU Union. They have a CSI, SPP,Monopoly, and 1 more. Just throwing this out there.

#8 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gryszzz:

Hey Geremy. I see yer in Bedford. Just up the road in B- town. Taking my girls to Disney tomorrow for 5 days. But after that, want to take my 9 yr. old to Docs. Its in Greenfield, IN. Or, we could play one day at IU Union. They have a CSI, SPP,Monopoly, and 1 more. Just throwing this out there.

WOW, Fantastic!... You guys have a wonderful time at Disney!. I'm taking my wife there next month for a week. We have made it a tradition now the last four years, now that all the kids are gone....

My Brother asked me what about Disney that I liked (since he's never been)... and I corrected him and told him that I Love It!.. I want to move there!

Anyways, yes, I looked it up finally and could see it's about 20 miles east from 465 on 70E... I have business in Indy next Friday so I might stop by and check it out........

Good to hear from you....... Have a great time with the family at Disney!

#9 10 years ago

I'd be willing to travel for that.

#10 10 years ago

What is the tournament format? I'm probably interested.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/once-a-month-tournament-idea-for-midwest-pinball-players-or-anyone-else and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.