(Topic ID: 238532)

On Pinside is there a way to set up auto reply to emails?

By too-many-pins

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 5 years ago

It looks like I am going to be away most of the next three months and I was wondering how best to handle incoming emails? Does Pinside have anything like an auto reply feature? Should I just close my account for three months? What would you do?

Here in my dilemma. Next Friday we are suppose to leave for vacation and on the way to Florida I am suppose to stop in Norfolk, Virginia and FINALLY finalize my warehouse deal I have been working on for 3+ years. We will be on vacation for 3 weeks, then starting April 12th I'll be driving about 9000 in 19 days (I estimate 10 trips with my van & trailer to get everything back to PA and each trip is just over 900 miles). My plan is getting everything out of that storage unit before the end of April so I don't have to pay rent until July. Then the first weekend in May I'll be set up at the Allentown Pinball Show. We will be tearing down Saturday night then I'll be leaving on vacation Sunday May 6th for about 5 weeks.

This wouldn't be any big deal for most people posting here but I get as many as 10 or 12 emails a day with people looking for specific parts for machines. I will not have internet access while I am away and will not have time to answer a bunch of emails anyway. So I am trying to figure out how to let people know I am away and not just too lazy to reply to them. Typically I answer ever email I get so it is out of character for me not to get back to people.

THANKS!
    Skip

#2 5 years ago

ANYONE?

#3 5 years ago

Why not PM a moderator or ask robin.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from PinRob:

Why not PM a moderator or ask robin.

I was hoping either a moderator or forceflow would see this and reply.

Worst case is I'll just close my account Thursday before I leave but I have a ton of PM's to work through before I can do that.

#6 5 years ago

Go to your account, then settings, then disable email so no one can send you a email

Seems like the only option

Then go to your profile and write a background story of where you are and when you will be back

#7 5 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

Go to your account, then settings, then disable email so no one can send you a email
    Then go to your profile and write a background story of where you are and when you will be back

THANKS! That sounds like a "better plan" than closing my account.

That is one thing I see that could be improved on Pinside. Overall Robin & his crew have done a fantastic job here but it would be nice to be able to set an auto reply or some type of vacation settings when someone can't be online for a period of time for what ever reason.

#8 5 years ago

You can deactivate your account but when you do you are cut off from logging in for 4 weeks the first time then 8 weeks the 2nd time and permanently the 3rd time - so best to turn off email.

Good idea about auto reply though

#9 5 years ago
    Quoted from swinks:

This is probably the best suggestion. There is no away/auto-reply message feature, unfortunately.

Enjoy your trip Skip

#10 5 years ago
    Quoted from ForceFlow:

This is probably the best suggestion. There is no away/auto-reply message feature, unfortunately.
    Enjoy your trip Skip

Thanks! See ya at Allentown. Wayne & I should be in our normal two spaces.

#11 5 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Thanks! See ya at Allentown. Wayne & I should be in our normal two spaces.

10 trips of 900 miles? That's crazy, why not get a bigger trailer or hire someone to haul them? You're going to spend a ton on fuel and it's days worth of your time.

#12 5 years ago
    Quoted from Dr_Gonzo:

10 trips of 900 miles? That's crazy, why not get a bigger trailer or hire someone to haul them? You're going to spend a ton on fuel and it's days worth of your time.

Kind of complicated because I need to meet some buyers their, I need to bring smaller loads home an deal with them a little at a time compared to all at once, and I did the math on a rental truck (2 trips) and using what I own still works out cheaper even with a night in a motel each time down. I don't mind the driving but I hate dealing with huge loads coming in all at once. Since I work solo smaller loads just make it easier for me.

I plan on bringing all the pinball machines & pinball machine parts home but I am hoping to give all the jukeboxes away while I am their loading and also sell most of the arcade machines instead of trucking them home.

Regardless of what I do or how I do it I have 19 days to get it done. That is all that really matters to me.

#13 5 years ago
    Quoted from too-many-pins:

Kind of complicated because I need to meet some buyers their, I need to bring smaller loads home an deal with them a little at a time compared to all at once, and I did the math on a rental truck (2 trips) and using what I own still works out cheaper even with a night in a motel each time down. I don't mind the driving but I hate dealing with huge loads coming in all at once. Since I work solo smaller loads just make it easier for me.
    I plan on bringing all the pinball machines & pinball machine parts home but I am hoping to give all the jukeboxes away while I am their loading and also sell most of the arcade machines instead of trucking them home.
    Regardless of what I do or how I do it I have 19 days to get it done. That is all that really matters to me.

Wow, there must be a ton of games. I'd like to see pics when you're done. Hope all your travels go well and you have some good keepers for yourself out of all that.

#14 5 years ago

I just turned off my emails I think? Anyway - if anyone looks at my recent post that is trying to find out why they can't email me anymore I am away until just before the Allentown Show. Then we will be away again until mid-June. So I doubt I'll have me emails on again until the middle of June if all goes as planned.

-Skip-

#15 5 years ago

all the best with the driving and pin collecting

#16 5 years ago

Shoulda looked at this sooner, Skip, I’ve got a buddy locally who has been asking me to find him a jukebox, let me know if there’s any you need to be rid of and I can drive to your place :b

Good luck and I’m glad to see your warehouse deal is potentially finished! You’ve been working on that for many years!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/on-pinside-is-there-a-way-to-set-up-auto-reply-to-emails and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.