(Topic ID: 118962)

On-line Pinball Tech School. Would you enroll?

By BenetBoy78

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 17 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by JayDee
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Vote for Pinball Tech school on-line”

• I would enroll for solid state games 44 votes
      66%
    • I would enroll for electro-mechanical games 8 votes
      12%
    • I would not enroll 15 votes
      22%

(Multiple choice - 67 votes by 60 Pinsiders)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jmountjoy111.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6 9 years ago

I am currently enrolled in an online pinball repair school. It has two main campuses. They are: YouTube.com and pinside.com. Lol.

I bring all of my tech questions here and usually several people have assisted in a rather short time. If I do not know how to do somethin I look it up on YouTube.

However it would all depend on the time required and the cost as this is just a hobby and not my profession.

#9 9 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

I would pay for this.
    I actually think Clay should offer and upgraded online class option.
    I see the best way as something like you can sign up for class and this provides access to an added library of videos for starter through more expereinced. Along with this, once per month there is a 1 hr live class where clay goes through a full game problem and then fields Q&A at teh end of class on the scope of that months topic. People would need to log into class and then use lync or some IM feature that allows live action Q via typing and then answers with demo streamed live.
    I can easily see paying $100 for a year long membership. It would sell best if it had a sylabus and peopel knew the general content/topics of the monthly live class in advance. It would take a good amount of leg work to get started but in time the content woudl get built up.
    This is a fun and good value form me perspective. I also would enjoy sitting in my boxers at home while learning more about pinball.

I am with you on the watch when you want to, library type of system. I completed my master's online for education and having to show up at 8:00 pm to online chat session were kind of pointless. I learned from the instructor providing the information and then me taking the initiative to use that information.

If you paid a once a year fee to an online resource for pinball repair and documentation I would be all in.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jmountjoy111.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/on-line-pinball-tech-school-would-you-enroll?tu=jmountjoy111 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.