View topic image gallery

image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
image (resized).jpg
1C1132EC-383E-418D-B678-37E6D07A22A0 (resized).jpeg
6B5C37A6-ECC0-4872-ADE4-F79995CA1390 (resized).jpeg
On Beam coin switches (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Hello. New to pinside. Trying to learn the ropes ! Last night while adding some credits to an a On Beam I think I broke the coin slot mechanism steal wire that adds games.
I added about ten games then noticed the metal wire loosen and kind of lose its tension
I plugged game back in after getting the credits and then all On Beam did was add games until it ran out the credit spool. I reset the spool and tried to tighten the wire but I'll be darned if all this did was expose the same problem
The game would not properly start because it was stuck on adding credits. Help. I am currently looking for solutions on line but am new to EM's and am trying to learn their inner workings. Thanks for reading ifnyoungotnthisnfar and any suggestions would be welcome and I will try.

#2 1 year ago

Cut coin switch. Set to free play. Start game with credit button.

#3 1 year ago

Welcome to Pinside.

You've likely stuck one of the three Coin Chute switches in the red box closed where they're only supposed to be closed momentarily as a coin passes:
On Beam coin switches (resized).jpgOn Beam coin switches (resized).jpg
To get around the problem you can disconnect or disable the affected switch. If you're not sure which one it is use the wire colors from the schematic. All three switches have a 61 or brown-red wire on one side. That will at least stop the Score Motor and let you play the game until you can sort out the damaged switch.

/Mark

#4 1 year ago

Thank you gentlemen I will give these solutions a try and let you know how it goes.
Sadly. User error. All on me. ! Appreciate the help

#5 1 year ago

My ON Beam has the three coin slots.
The slot that I was man handling from inside was the middle coin slot wire (not sure the name of the piece). That wire was taught and in place then I yanked on it maybe a little hard or one too many times and it stayed connected but fell limp for lack of better terminology. I tried to move
The wire around but don't have the technical knowledge to get it back to where it was. 6B5C37A6-ECC0-4872-ADE4-F79995CA1390 (resized).jpeg6B5C37A6-ECC0-4872-ADE4-F79995CA1390 (resized).jpeg

1C1132EC-383E-418D-B678-37E6D07A22A0 (resized).jpeg1C1132EC-383E-418D-B678-37E6D07A22A0 (resized).jpeg
#6 1 year ago

Trying the fix. Trying to find the wire.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#7 1 year ago

I'm going to cut the brown red wire on each slot. Where is the best location to do this?

#8 1 year ago

Guys first time I ever felt the pressure like McGiver on the bomb squad. So freeing. Back in business. What kind of tape should I cover the wire with? Also I made the cut along the strand in one spot away from the mechanism. Where is the ideal spot to cut the the 61 from the coin mechs? Thanks again. I've got to get more involved. I love these old EMs!

#9 1 year ago

I would cut them right next to the coin switch in case you ever want to use them again,

You can use a small wire nut or a small "top hat" shaped crimp connector or my preference - a little dip of liquid electrical tape.

#10 12 months ago

Thank you sir! I appreciate the responses!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 12.49
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 150.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/on-beam-pinball-keeps-adding-credits-will-not-stop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.