Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

On Beam flippers (resized).jpg
On Beam score motor (resized).jpg
On Beam motor switch (resized).jpg
On Beam cam unit (resized).jpg
On Beam burnt solenoid (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizbangdoodle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 6 months ago

I've spent some time working on this pin and familiarizing myself with the schematic and the layout. Initially, I had a problem where the score motor would rotate continuously.On Beam score motor (resized).jpg I cleaned the switches on the score motor, but did not change the problem. I worked my way to the cam unit On Beam cam unit (resized).jpg

and more specifically the switch stack labeled "Motor"On Beam motor switch (resized).jpg

Once I cleaned and adjusted those switches, the machine was 85% there. Now, when I play a game, it seems to work, but the flippers will cut out as if the game is over. I suspect that the cam is rotating too many times still. The question is, do I still need more adjustment of those switches or look elsewhere.

One other question I have is about this solenoid. On Beam burnt solenoid (resized).jpg

It is located just inside the coin door, to the right and below the right flipper button. As you can see, it's toast. It doesn't look like it does anything and my guess is, it's the extra ball knock solenoid. Did I guess right? And can I just leave it unplugged for now? Thanks for any help. If I've forgotten anything, let me know and I'll post up requested info.

#4 6 months ago
Quoted from 2manypins:

In the picture, it's the coil or "knocker". It pulses when you add a credit or win a game.
You can leave it as it is but you should order a new one

As I suspected. It's disconnected for now. I'll order a new one up soon.

Quoted from MarkG:

If it's just the flippers that stop working I'd check the switch in red below:
[quoted image]
If more things are dropping out there's a similar switch on the Tilt Trip relay that cuts out much more of the game.
/Mark

One thing that I noticed after posting is, I got a game over early, before I was done with the 5th ball. Is the outhole referring to where the ball drops in after draining? In any case, I'm going to check this later tonight or tomorrow.

I need to get more familiar with the terminology of pins and their schematics.

2 weeks later
#5 5 months ago

Ok, back on this problem.
I have found that with certain scoring, this problem occurs. For example, I use the inside lane to the flipper to test with. If I hit this switch, the score increments and the reset cam rotates and the outhole kicker fires. It's during this outhole kicker actuating that the flippers go dead momentarily. It's like it sees the ball drain when I trigger that scoring lane, even though the outhole switch is not on. I also confirmed that on ball 5, the game ends prematurely, for example ball 5 will be in play and the playfield goes dead. Lights are still on, just no action, as if it was tilted.

MarkG, I also suspected that switch, but found that it is working properly. I'll check that tilt trip relay and see what I can come up with. I'm also signed up for your clinic tomorrow as an observer. Hoping to glean some info and further my knowledge on these EM's.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wizbangdoodle.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside