Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 14 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Dent00
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dent00.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14 2 years ago
    Quoted from Lhyrgoif:

Unless you play your games 24/7 then you should power down between plays. The electricity bill isnt the real issue here but rather electrical failures and possibly a fire.
    Call me paranoid but I always disconnet all my games physically through a single wall breaker when I leave the game room. This not only prevent fires in failing electronics but also eliminates any issues with electrical spikes/lightning strikes and such.

You can also improve the protection for machines by plugging them into an outlet strip with surge protection.
    If there is a lightning strike in the area, the outlet strip could protect the machine from serious damage, assuming it does have surge protection.
    Some outlet strips do not have surge protection, so check that out.
    Most outlet strips also have a circuit breakers rated for 15 Amps, which likely will trip before the circuit breaker at the panel.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dent00.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/on-24-7?tu=Dent00 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.