(Topic ID: 32145)

OMGWTFBBQ Bon Jovi Pinball

By wxforecaster

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

ZZZ002091-SG.jpg
    painted_Cabinet.JPG
    johnny_b.jpg
    1250675188_family_guy_barfing.gif
    bojovi_pinball_4.jpg
    3E23K73H45Nf5Le5H7cc40785e41cd1841a83..jpg
    3G13L63l65Nf5Z25M2cc4920646a83ee31b2a..jpg
    3Gf3K73He5Fc5H45M8cc45cbff96c0a2e1cf8..jpg
    images.jpeg
    funny-picture-the-stupid-it-burns-264x.jpg
    #1 11 years ago

Now I've seen everything. A beautiful Strange Science destroyed.

kansascity.craigslist.org link

#2 11 years ago

Could anything be worse?

I can't even believe it...

#3 11 years ago

Now that's just wrong.

#4 11 years ago

Strange science = $1200
    Bad re-theme job = $600
    Doing lots of work for nothing, priceless

"Everything seems to work. A few lights need replaced"
    Translation: Everything doesn't work, the few lights that need to be replaced is either a bad molex connector or a bad ground braid under the playfield, but I have no skills to fix it.

Quoted from wxforecaster:

A beautiful Strange Science destroyed.

There's no telling what it looked like to begin with (perhaps scorched cabinet and flaked backglass).

Unfortunately No backglass or side decal repros as far as I know. Backglass could easily be scanned and reproduced (no mirroring). The side is just the bally logo (no specific art) so that could possibly be reproduced without a terrible amount of work.

#5 11 years ago

Yikes...and those pics are dated from 4 years ago!

#6 11 years ago

well this is my thoughts on that hack-job
    it might be restorable

funny-picture-the-stupid-it-burns-264x.jpgfunny-picture-the-stupid-it-burns-264x.jpg

#7 11 years ago

If any of you ever meet who did this, please, punch them in the face.

#8 11 years ago

face?

images.jpegimages.jpeg

#9 11 years ago

lolz @ this insanity

#10 11 years ago

Doesn't look too bad, no moving Jon Bon Jovi target is on the playfield.

#11 11 years ago

a bad pin made worse.... ouch

#12 11 years ago

looks like one of my son's project... when he was 10.

bad paint job.

#13 11 years ago

Wow, I wouldn't do such a thing to a Strange Science if both Jon Bon Jovi and Richie Sambora had sex with me.

How much to change this pin back ?

#14 11 years ago

so half assed! There is barely anything Bon Jovi about it! Just a ruined back glass and cabinet art!

#15 11 years ago

I am uploading the pics that were in the ad since the ad will eventually go away...but we shall never forget.

// Error: Image 57418 not found // // Error: Image 57419 not found // // Error: Image 57420 not found //

#16 11 years ago

One more try

3Gf3K73He5Fc5H45M8cc45cbff96c0a2e1cf8..jpg3Gf3K73He5Fc5H45M8cc45cbff96c0a2e1cf8..jpg 3G13L63l65Nf5Z25M2cc4920646a83ee31b2a..jpg3G13L63l65Nf5Z25M2cc4920646a83ee31b2a..jpg 3E23K73H45Nf5Le5H7cc40785e41cd1841a83..jpg3E23K73H45Nf5Le5H7cc40785e41cd1841a83..jpg

#17 11 years ago

Haha I was shopping for a pin earlier and ran across this. I saw your thread was like "That's gotta be the same machine." What a massacre.

#18 11 years ago

To be fair, Strange Science used a generic Bally cabinet, and those backglasses didn't hold up well either. I have a HUO Bally game from the same era, and the backglass looks like garbage.

They actually might have been doing this to try to make a bad looking game more presentable. Obviously, that didn't work out so well, but I'll give the benefit of the doubt here.

#19 11 years ago

Somebody needs to restore or destroy it.

#20 11 years ago

<F'ing speachless>

#21 11 years ago

The worst of 'em

bojovi_pinball_4.jpgbojovi_pinball_4.jpg

#22 11 years ago

Do you think we could all get together and make a Bad Medicine reproduction?

If we scanned the sponged paint job and made decals, got CPR to do the backglasses, I could make the shooterlane cover on the color Xerox at work.

I know a lot of people are going to say its impossible, but with only one of these in existence, I say it's our duty.

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

I know a lot of people are going to say its impossible, but with only one of these in existence, I say it's our duty.

Yeah, screw that other project, this is much more worthwile - I'm in.

#24 11 years ago

I just threw up a little bit in my mouth...

#25 11 years ago

What...you guys can't appreciate the skill and artistry that went into this pin?

None of ya'll gave the creator of the Evil Dead custom a hard time with his machine!

Bah!

#26 11 years ago

Kill it with fire.....

#27 11 years ago

You give pinball re-themes a Bad Name

#28 11 years ago

Oh man .... he must listen to the 'Jovi' every day

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from tamoore:

Kill it with fire.....

In a blaze of glory.

#30 11 years ago

This machine ..... Is like BAD MEDICINE

BAD MEDICINE is not what I need

Whoooh hoooo ho

Shake it up .... BAD MEDICINE

BAD MEDICINE is a bad pinball machine

<solo>

Dave

#31 11 years ago

Livin' on a prayer?
    On a steel horse I ride?

Nope.

#32 11 years ago

My god!!! What happen??

1250675188_family_guy_barfing.gif1250675188_family_guy_barfing.gif

#33 11 years ago

Strange Jovi?
    Bon Science?
    I am going with BS for this one.
    Partz iz partz.

#34 11 years ago

good lord. im looking at my Strange Science right now and patting it on the ass. you could be in a worse place

#35 11 years ago

How does something like this happen, just sitting around one day and thought......hmmmmm, ya know I am gonna repaint this, and I am gonna paint a red plus sigh on a piece of plexi......never before have I painted anything, but I can be an artist just watch. I know it will only be a partial retirement, because everything about it will remain the same after I am done with the exception my beautiful artwork. Won't even sound like bonjovi but I will have my headphones in so who cares.....huh?

#36 11 years ago

Here's another bad retheme in my opinion (chicago radio DJ), just look at that horrible cabinet repaint:
    ebay.com link: Jonathon Brandmeier PINBALL Dr Dude Johnny B Loop WGN Bally Silverball comix

johnny_b.jpgjohnny_b.jpg
    painted_Cabinet.JPGpainted_Cabinet.JPG

#37 11 years ago

How does something like this happen,

Too many Bon g hits.

ZZZ002091-SG.jpgZZZ002091-SG.jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/omgwtfbbq-bon-jovi-pinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.