6 days ago

Topic Stats

• 4 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 days ago by OLDPINGUY
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20240610_143140 (resized).jpg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    pasted_image (resized).png
    #1 6 days ago

While Not the Greatest Invention in the World, I picked these up at Costco, where the Bulb has a slide switch, for one to choose from 5 Different Kelvins of White!

My Brain Fried, as maybe 10-11 years ago, running Comet LEDs, I worked for about 6 months to make a Miniature version of these, so there would be ONLY one White Bulb needed for any Game, any Taste.

Sadly, the smallest test Proto was a Large 15mm Flasher type Bayonet Base, with 3 Temperature.
    The cost, if we could have shrunk it, would have been double, so we abandoned it.

Today, this costs $1.69 a Bulb! Any One have a Shrink Ray?

Art

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
    #2 6 days ago

Its interesting what excites different people....
    I'm making a Lime Jello Mold tonight with canned Pineapple, while listening to Judas Priest and perusing Pinside.
    Good times.

20240610_143140 (resized).jpg20240610_143140 (resized).jpg
    #3 6 days ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

5 Different Kelvins of White!

Pretty sweet. I've seen mobile app-controlled versions of this, but I have an aversion to stuff like that. Much prefer the physical switch.

And since everyone's a nitpicker... I'd happily give up 6500 for a 3500 level. 6500 is brutal, can't imagine wanting that outside of an operating room.

#4 6 days ago

Saw your other Post,

Quoted from yancy:

Pretty sweet. I've seen mobile app-controlled versions of this, but I have an aversion to stuff like that. Much prefer the physical switch.
    And since everyone's a nitpicker... I'd happily give up 6500 for a 3500 level. 6500 is brutal, can't imagine wanting that outside of an operating room.

Agree. I had the Toughest time answering the "What shade of White to use, So I made Sunlight, But Most of my games use all 3 Temperature Whites in the GI, and Back Box.

Different Tastes, but no way for my eyes to see what others like or didnt like...All Good!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/omg-they-finally-made-it and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.