(Topic ID: 190009)

OMG. My wife and I are going to Vegas and it has already started out b

By zr11990

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0513 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2283 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2279 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2265 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2266 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2269 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4580 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2262 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2256 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2039 (resized).PNG
    IMG_4582 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6084 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6083 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8644 (resized).PNG
    IMG_4576 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2032 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Ahh....American hypocrisy. I love how many people will freak the hell out over a cop wanting to search their car during a traffic stop, but being effectively personally violated at an airport makes it A-OK. Exactly how many deaths a year can we attribute to bad/drunk driving versus how many deaths by "planes being flown by terrorists"? You don't get it both ways, people. Either you're okay with the government performing unreasonable searches at all times, or never. There's no grey area here.
    Sounds to me like this could have been easily handled by the slightest amount of competence on the part of the TSA, but as we've learned over the years, the government has no interest in paying salaries that competent people are interested in. 95% of those people are RUDE and dumber than a sack of ball peen hammers. The rude is forgiveable....I understand dealing with the public and I wouldn't want to be doing it either. But the incompetence? They operate on the opposite way that criminal justice works in this country. You're guilty until proven innocent. It's gone far beyond "reasonable" when they can't just ask someone to empty their pocket AGAIN when there's GOVERNMENT ISSUED LEGAL TENDER setting off their scanner...ridiculous... not everyone knows that crap is printed with magnetic ink....but every TSA agent should, and people SHOULD be treated with respect for minor missteps like that, not groped up or stripped.
    Only thing I'm going to say, and I feel like I'm already risking a pee-pee-slap from the mods, so no responses to replies on this one.. feel free to downvote, as I'm sure I'll get a ton just like anytime I do where I'm not Team America World Police around here..

Two totally different things, don't be dumb.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from inhomearcades:

Actually your vehicle is an extension of your residence whereas when you decide to go to the airport your agreeing to any and all searches. If your not okay with that, please don't go to the airport. It's people that believe they should be stripped searching if the tsa decides to do so that throw fits and create lines that the rest of us end up dealing with. Nothing more annoying than being at the airport and arrogant rude passengers feel they have rights to act how they want and look around for people to agree with their tantrum. Those are the people who should be banned from air travel. Just because you pay for a service does not give you the right to think you can skirt the rules you agree to when you purchase said service.

Don't you just love how when you prove Frax wrong or point out his obvious ignorance that he gives you a down vote? Real classy individual.

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

How would you feel if your junk was touched by a TSA person as part of a pat-down? Compliance has limits; especially compliance just for compliances' sake.

Call me when someone weaponizes a $5 bill.

Pretty simple, if you don't like their procedures then stop flying. If I ever get on a plane I hope they pat down every damn person that's onboard! They touched my junk and humiliated me....waaa waaaaa waaaaa.....good God are you effing kidding me???

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

I severely underestimated how much Pinsiders enjoy getting their junk touched by underpaid government workers. Apparently I'm on the wrong forum.
    It's cool. This kid could have definitely been a terrorist.
    http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/03/29/mom-films-tsa-groping-special-needs-child-sparks-internet-outrage.html

Not gonna argue about it, my only advice for you is to not fly if you don't like it. If I'm on a plane I want EVERYBODY on it checked out. I think every single person should be checked out. In tough times you got to get tough, and we are in tough times right now!

#72 6 years ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

I'm fine if they check everyone. It's when they make a big show of checking a few middle aged or elderly mainstream Americans while at the same time letting obvious Muslims go by unchallenged because they are scared to death of being called islamophobic or racist . Their political correctness invalidates 90% of the effectiveness of the so-called security checks. The Israelis are one of the only ones who get security right.
    And give me a break about how many terrorists they catch that we never hear about. Do you really believe that???

You won't get any argument out of me because I agree with you 100%!

#74 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I feel the same way. But in my case, it's more like, hey...good luck finding it.

:

#76 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

That's happened. But I thought it was because of my tits.

They call those Moobs beelzeboob, aka man boobs.

#114 6 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

How exactly does the tsa know a person is Muslim? Do they have a mark affixed to their clothing identifying themselves as Muslim? I have a relative who is Muslim. White as the wind driven snow. I shit you not.

You cannot be serious right? There are exceptions to everything but I think that most Muslims are pretty recognizable. Duuuuh!!!

#118 6 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

Seriously, LOL.

Thank you for saving me the time.

Most Muslims are recognizable period. You can use your exceptions all you want to but you know what im saying is true. What you are saying though is the reason why EVERYBODY should be searched before boarding an airplane.

#124 6 years ago
    Quoted from Skins:

You're arguing just to argue. Also, I don't know what you're saying is true. What I do know you're saying is incredibly miopic and terribly uniformed. The fact is, 1.6 billion (with a B) or 26% of the world population worship Islam and are muslims. For you to think they all look like a middle easterner is painfully foolish. Thankfully, those charged with our safety see things a touch broader than that. Additionally, you are assuming (incorrectly I might add) I'm against pat downs. The issue I had was pezpunk stereotyping a religion with an ethnicity. I found that ironic.

I don't care about the world, I care about the United States, and of the people that worship the Islam religion here in the U.S., about 99.999 percent of them are Muslim. I realize there are a handful of people that are Americans that decide they want to worship the Islam religion, but it's a very very very minute percentage of our population.

Thats why we should just go ahead and pat everybody down though, because you don't know who is who these days. Better safe than sorry, and if you don't like it or agree with it then don't fly or move to another country or something. The risk of terrorism is too high to let people aboard an airplane unchecked.

#127 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Uhhhh you know 'muslim' is a religion and not a skin color, right? And that there are literally millions of Americans who are also Muslims?

Whatever dude, you know exactly what I am talking about so no need to explain myself any further.

#133 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

I have literally no idea, actually, unless you are using the word "American" in a racist way that excludes people of Arab descent. so if I've interpreted your post wrong, then please clarify this statement:
    "of the people that worship the Islam religion here in the U.S., about 99.999 percent of them are Muslim. I realize there are a handful of people that are Americans that decide they want to worship the Islam religion, but it's a very very very minute percentage of our population."

Why do you keep throwing the race card out there for? That's at least two times I've seen you do that to someone. How the he'll does me using the word American make me a racist? That's probably one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. I am far from being a racist but I definitely don't feel the need to prove that to some Moron on the Internet so I'm not even going to try.

#134 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

Pez is just trying to bait you in for a thread ban Who Dey , do not fall for it, he is great at it.

Yeah I know he is, that's pretty obvious. He's a real class act isn't he?

#137 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Hah, thanks. I don't want anyone banned, though. I just want people to realize there are 3 million Americans who are Muslim. (Also, it'd be nice to acknowledge that people of any skin color can follow any religion, particularly in this country)
    Furthermore, casually equating Muslims with terrorists is problematic, considering how many massacres in America have been perpetrated by extremists of religions or belief systems other than Islam.

#148 6 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

It is, though, important to recognize that people of the Muslim faith are not only populous around the world, but are of many ethnicities, and there's a lot of really sad and nasty stuff that gets thrown at people just for looking a certain way that's propagated by ignorance of that fact.

Whether it's right or wrong, you aren't and can't change the way people think so you may as well stop trying. Just live your life and enjoy it and do your part to treat people with respect and don't worry about the rest of the people out there.

#150 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

My arguments were 100% spot on and I saw zero people attempt to address them.

#154 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

not sure what else to call it when a person confuses being Arab-looking with being Muslim with being a terrorist, and then spams snore icons when i point out that it's an extremely ignorant thing to do.

You definitely are not going to pull me into this conversation any further so you may as well stop trying to. May as well just drop it for real.

#159 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Here is another one

Very nice!

#198 6 years ago

Keep the pics coming ZR! They are very interesting to say the least. I guess I need to get out more but some of those pictures make me glad that I don't lol.

#204 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

I will take you up on that, i would'nt mind having a AFM.

Yeah I would also, and if you ever seen his AFM you definitely would because on a scale of 1-10 his is like a 20! Nicest AFM I've ever seen by a mile!

#207 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

Now i really want this AFM ! I hope he was serious

Words cannot describe how nice it is. It's far better than a new one. When you see it you just kind of sit there and stare and drool. It's all been done right too because my buddy helped him do it and he his top notch and doesn't half azz anything.

#208 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

And I'll help you get it. I've been known to be just as much of a dick in person as I am on Pinside.

No way, I don't believe it!

#212 6 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Moderators, please lock this stupid, fucking thread.

You can actually close it on your own. You can drain it and you will never see it again, or....you can simply just not read it.

You're welcome!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider who-dey.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/omg-my-wife-and-i-are-going-to-vegas-and-it-has-already-started-out-b?tu=who-dey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.