(Topic ID: 190009)

OMG. My wife and I are going to Vegas and it has already started out b

By zr11990

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0513 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2283 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2279 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2265 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2266 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2269 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4580 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2262 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2256 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2039 (resized).PNG
    IMG_4582 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6084 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6083 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8644 (resized).PNG
    IMG_4576 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2032 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

I get patted down at the Pentagon. In uniform.
    I get patted down at the airport. With a military ID.
    Who gives a shit? I certainly don't. Better I get my package fondled by every TSA agent within shouting distance than one more innocent life lost by some terrorist asshole.

It's because they know you tip well. Perv.

Quoted from PaulCoff:

Airline security is a positive thing to me because I often think of my fellow American citizens that were forced to choose, jumping to their deaths or burning alive when the World Trade Center was hit by an airplane.

I finally made it to the 9/11 memorial this weekend. It's soul crushing. Seriously soul crushing. Superbly done and a shame every person can't see it. Terrorism is heinous and insidious. What struck me was how no one had any clue how massive the scale was and how hopeless the situation truely was. The quote that stabbed me in the heart: "they (the firefighters) were going up the stairs to their death, we (evacuated) going down to live.

IMG_2032 (resized).JPGIMG_2032 (resized).JPG

#112 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Let's be real, he means Muslims. He's implying TSA agents intentionally target white people instead of Muslims because of political correctness.

How exactly does the tsa know a person is Muslim? Do they have a mark affixed to their clothing identifying themselves as Muslim? I have a relative who is Muslim. White as the wind driven snow. I shit you not.

#116 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

You cannot be serious right? There are exceptions to everything but I think that most Muslims are pretty recognizable. Duuuuh!!!

Seriously, LOL.

Quoted from trunchbull:

I think the point is that "Muslim" is a religion, i.e. a social practice rather than an actual race, and the demographics of people who believe in it are fairly diverse.

Thank you for saving me the time.

#121 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Most Muslims are recognizable period. You can use your exceptions all you want to but you know what im saying is true. What you are saying though is the reason why EVERYBODY should be searched before boarding an airplane.

You're arguing just to argue. Also, I don't know what you're saying is true. What I do know you're saying is incredibly miopic and terribly uniformed. The fact is, 1.6 billion (with a B) or 26% of the world population worship Islam and are muslims. For you to think they all look like a middle easterner is painfully foolish. Thankfully, those charged with our safety see things a touch broader than that. Additionally, you are assuming (incorrectly I might add) I'm against pat downs. The issue I had was pezpunk stereotyping a religion with an ethnicity. I found that ironic.

#138 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

people that worship the Islam religion here in the U.S., about 99.999 percent of them are Muslim.

You clearly don't understand what your talking about. 100% of people who follow Islam are Muslim. It is quite literally the definition of Muslim.

IMG_2039 (resized).PNGIMG_2039 (resized).PNG

Muslim does not = foreigners

Here's a link to 24 celebrities in the US. Some are natural born Americans to natural born American parents. Notables include shaq and Dave Chappell.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/famous-muslim-celebrities/11/

As I said before, I don't disagree with screening of people in order to board a flight.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider skins.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/omg-my-wife-and-i-are-going-to-vegas-and-it-has-already-started-out-b?tu=skins and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.