(Topic ID: 190009)

OMG. My wife and I are going to Vegas and it has already started out b

By zr11990

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0513 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2283 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2279 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2265 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2266 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2269 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4580 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2262 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2256 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2039 (resized).PNG
    IMG_4582 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6084 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6083 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8644 (resized).PNG
    IMG_4576 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2032 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider richthofen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#42 6 years ago

I stopped flying after on my way home in Heathrow I was given a very public and incredibly embarrassing patdown. I took the train from providence to Pittsburgh in April; 13 hours but you can bet your ass it was better than flying and getting "randomly selected". The fact that a five dollar bill is now a security event is embarrassing to our country.

And don't give me this "you don't know how many terrorism events they stopped" like these agencies who can't tie their own shoes are suddenly going to go shy and hide all these miraculous plots they stopped. They are very public when they foil a "plot" they mostly hatched by convincing mentally ill people to commit attacks they otherwise would have no ability to carry out.
    https://theintercept.com/2015/07/13/another-terror-arrest-another-mentally-ill-man-armed-fbi/

My wife was a block from the Boston marathon bombs in a retail store; the FBI had visited those dudes houses over a year before; Russian security forces tipped us off. Still doesn't change the fact that if those dudes were just tracked, or if a $100 security lock was installed on every cockpit, there'd be no terrorism. Instead we do this awful kabuki theater at the airports pretending we are safer.

#44 6 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

The entire post is mind boggling, but I will not argue the philosophy with you. I will however point out that every cockpit does have a security lock ever since a few weeks after 9/11 and they cost more than $100 each.

Yeah I know. What I am saying is a security door to the cockpit would have stopped 9/11... but instead of just beefing up the cockpit security we are now pulling random strangers out of security lines over $5 bills in their pockets.

#48 6 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

If been pulled a few times too (even with military ID), but I have nothing to hide and always provide everything TSA needs

How would you feel if your junk was touched by a TSA person as part of a pat-down? Compliance has limits; especially compliance just for compliances' sake.

Quoted from PaulCoff:

The world isn't as safe as it use to be and our enemies are using unconventional war tactics to get their message across.

Call me when someone weaponizes a $5 bill.

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

Touch my junk if you need to. Its not a big deal to me. I'm secure with myself and know that it's probably a random screen for the safety of others and my country.

How about your wife? Your kids? Where's the line? Is there a line?

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Pretty simple, if you don't like their procedures then stop flying. If I ever get on a plane I hope they pat down every damn person that's onboard! They touched my junk and humiliated me....waaa waaaaa waaaaa.....good God are you effing kidding me???

I severely underestimated how much Pinsiders enjoy getting their junk touched by underpaid government workers. Apparently I'm on the wrong forum.

It's cool. This kid could have definitely been a terrorist.

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/03/29/mom-films-tsa-groping-special-needs-child-sparks-internet-outrage.html

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider richthofen.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/omg-my-wife-and-i-are-going-to-vegas-and-it-has-already-started-out-b?tu=richthofen and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.