(Topic ID: 190009)

OMG. My wife and I are going to Vegas and it has already started out b

By zr11990

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0513 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2283 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2279 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2265 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2266 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2269 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4580 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2262 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2256 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2039 (resized).PNG
    IMG_4582 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6084 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6083 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8644 (resized).PNG
    IMG_4576 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2032 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider inhomearcades.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7 6 years ago

Everyone complains when something is missed by security and something horrible happens yet god forbid they have to go through security. It's amazing people still complain about air travel, you can get across the country or world for that matter in hours all while connected to the internet and having a drink with ice in it. People used to make these same journeys in wagons and 1/3 of the people used to die along the way. All in all I'd say a small search at the security check point is a pretty minor inconvenience. I also never understand how something so minor can "ruin" someone's day. If that's your problem for the day, you have it pretty well. As for the airport security, you know the gig and process, its no surprise. If your not willing to abide, please opt out of air travel. Also do yourself a favor and go through the tsa pre check process, you'll be happy you did.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Ahh....American hypocrisy. I love how many people will freak the hell out over a cop wanting to search their car during a traffic stop, but being effectively personally violated at an airport makes it A-OK. Exactly how many deaths a year can we attribute to bad/drunk driving versus how many deaths by "planes being flown by terrorists"? You don't get it both ways, people. Either you're okay with the government performing unreasonable searches at all times, or never. There's no grey area here.
    Sounds to me like this could have been easily handled by the slightest amount of competence on the part of the TSA, but as we've learned over the years, the government has no interest in paying salaries that competent people are interested in. 95% of those people are RUDE and dumber than a sack of ball peen hammers. The rude is forgiveable....I understand dealing with the public and I wouldn't want to be doing it either. But the incompetence? They operate on the opposite way that criminal justice works in this country. You're guilty until proven innocent. It's gone far beyond "reasonable" when they can't just ask someone to empty their pocket AGAIN when there's GOVERNMENT ISSUED LEGAL TENDER setting off their scanner...ridiculous... not everyone knows that crap is printed with magnetic ink....but every TSA agent should, and people SHOULD be treated with respect for minor missteps like that, not groped up or stripped.
    Only thing I'm going to say, and I feel like I'm already risking a pee-pee-slap from the mods, so no responses to replies on this one.. feel free to downvote, as I'm sure I'll get a ton just like anytime I do where I'm not Team America World Police around here..

Actually your vehicle is an extension of your residence whereas when you decide to go to the airport your agreeing to any and all searches. If your not okay with that, please don't go to the airport. It's people that believe they should be stripped searching if the tsa decides to do so that throw fits and create lines that the rest of us end up dealing with. Nothing more annoying than being at the airport and arrogant rude passengers feel they have rights to act how they want and look around for people to agree with their tantrum. Those are the people who should be banned from air travel. Just because you pay for a service does not give you the right to think you can skirt the rules you agree to when you purchase said service.

#164 6 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I think what makes people upset too is how TSA uses their resources.
    Stuff like this is ridiculous. I never heard of 95 year old grandmothers in wheelchairs being recruited by terrorists: » YouTube video

Policy is policy. I want them to follow it under every circumstance. If we allow agents to descretionarily pick and choose how and when to follow procedure it will invevitibly lead to two things; racial profiling claims and some form of security breach. So many people have no idea what is or is not allowed through security, I see it all the time. Also take a look at Johny Knoxville and how he dresses up as an old man. What stops a young terrorist from doing something similar? The easiest and most effective approach is to follow policy to the letter no matter the circumstances.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider inhomearcades.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/omg-my-wife-and-i-are-going-to-vegas-and-it-has-already-started-out-b?tu=inhomearcades and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.