(Topic ID: 190009)

OMG. My wife and I are going to Vegas and it has already started out b

By zr11990

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0513 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2283 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2279 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2265 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2266 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2269 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4580 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2262 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2256 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2039 (resized).PNG
    IMG_4582 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6084 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6083 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8644 (resized).PNG
    IMG_4576 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2032 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frederikfrost.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#80 6 years ago

It's interesting for me to see how strongly some of you guys from America responds to any form of invasion of personal space, and certain rules laid down by the government.
    I work at an airport and regularly get patted down, as well as when I travel in my own spare time. I don't mind it. If it increases security, then by all means go for it. I know the rules before I go, and if I don't like the smell, then I'll stay away.

I also think that it's a bit insulting to a lot of people suggesting that the TSA are pedophiles, or some other form of perverts, just because they do a proper pad down, even on a kid. You know it's going to happen, your kid won't be any less "pure" afterwards (Their doctor might also see their sacred parts by the way, oh no!), and since human ethics can be pretty low, normal families with kids could be used (paid or forced to) to traffic drugs etc. The TSA have procedures, they follow them. Besides that, you would be surprised how 'stupid' (Maybe not stupid, but ignorant to the rules) some people are, especially with first time flyers etc. (This applies everywhere... In the middle eastern countries people will try to bring live chickens and that which are MUCH worse on the plane for their religious trip to Mecca).

Sure there might be some power tripping TSA agents, like there are in most jobs, but if you don't make an effort to single yourself out, you'll probably be overlooked in the crowd of literally thousands of other people going through every day.

If you want to call first amendment rights or whatever you use over there, then stay at home where you make most of the rules. If you go into public space with written rules, and are expecting to fly on a private airline (where they make the rules) then you should follow them. Don't be a snowflake at the cost of others...

That's my thoughts any way, sorry for rambling...

To OP: Enjoy Vegas! I hope to go there myself one day.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider frederikfrost.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/omg-my-wife-and-i-are-going-to-vegas-and-it-has-already-started-out-b?tu=frederikfrost and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.