(Topic ID: 190009)

OMG. My wife and I are going to Vegas and it has already started out b

By zr11990

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0513 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2283 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2279 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2265 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2266 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2269 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4580 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2262 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2256 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2039 (resized).PNG
    IMG_4582 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6084 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6083 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8644 (resized).PNG
    IMG_4576 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2032 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider danqverymuch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#177 6 years ago

I composed most of this hours ago before the mod request. It's not arguing, it's just food for thought, so I hope it's okay to post:

"Look like Muslims" is one the most ignorant phrases extant. For instance, Sikh men, with their unshaven beards and turbans, "look like Muslims" more than the majority of Muslims do, and it has gotten many beaten or killed by FITH ignoramuses. There is a Sikh temple right next door to the daycare I own and I worry infinitely more about wack jobs attacking them than I do about the Sikhs themselves. They are the most peaceful people, as indeed are most Muslims.

Most Islamic terrorism is visited upon opposing sects of Islam.

Most radicalized Muslims are not even particularly religious themselves at the time they are radicalized.

Cancer deaths in this country (US) amount to the equivalent of a 9/11 every couple of days. I am in no way equating the causes of death; I know all too well the helplessness of sudden violence taking a loved one (my wife died in a wreck in 2010) but dying slowly while bank accounts drain, homes are lost, and pain increases is no picnic either. The money spent on each problem is ludicrously disproportionate.

My wife loved going on cruises. We always drove because she hated flying (WI to Miami was quite a haul) but on our last one, a few months before the accident, we tried it, and boy, were we rookies! We had like a case of soda loose in our carry-ons, and while we were quite embarrassed, the TSA didn't even find them all! They didn't even pull us aside!

Then our last trip was to Vegas, coincidentally. We didn't pack any soda this time! With our then-7-year-old daughter in tow, we didn't do much Vegas-y stuff. I got to go to the PHOF a couple times. The best part for the whole family was the old west attraction called Bonnie Springs Ranch outside of town. My wife twisted her ankle navigating the "mine" and that fact saved us when we were late to the airport to go home. We would have missed our flight as the TSA line must have been 1000 people long, but we asked for a wheelchair for her and next thing we knew we were whisked through the separate handicapped line in no time flat!

#191 6 years ago
    Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

So when you leave the airport follow the instructions and take everything out of your pockets . Pretty simple...otherwise they have the right to pull you into the back. Amazing how people can't follow simple instructions then bitch about it.

Amazing how people have to chime in with the same point that has already been made four times in the thread.

Like it isn't sad it has come to this. I think he was just saying it was a bad start to his trip, he wasn't asking to be harangued. His wife thought she had removed everything from her pockets. Why couldn't she have just handed over the fin and stepped back through the scanner? I'd be pissed too. It is naive to think those TSA agents aren't on a power trip, and we're all expected to blissfully go along with it, as if it's even accomplishing anything.

All over superstition. Nice.

#194 6 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Superstition?

Yes.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider danqverymuch.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/omg-my-wife-and-i-are-going-to-vegas-and-it-has-already-started-out-b?tu=danqverymuch and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.