(Topic ID: 190009)

OMG. My wife and I are going to Vegas and it has already started out b

By zr11990

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0513 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2283 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2279 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2265 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2266 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2269 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4580 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2262 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2256 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2039 (resized).PNG
    IMG_4582 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6084 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6083 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8644 (resized).PNG
    IMG_4576 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2032 (resized).JPG
    There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.
    #151 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Whether it's right or wrong, you aren't and can't change the way people think so you may as well stop trying. Just live your life and enjoy it and do your part to treat people with respect and don't worry about the rest of the people out there.

Just because racism and Islamophobia are widespread, that's no reason I have to accept it.

#152 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Just because racism and Islamophobia are widespread, that's no reason I have to accept it.

Racism again ?

#153 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinbum:

Racism again ?

not sure what else to call it when a person confuses being Arab-looking with being Muslim with being a terrorist, and then spams snore icons when i point out that it's an extremely ignorant thing to do.

#154 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

not sure what else to call it when a person confuses being Arab-looking with being Muslim with being a terrorist, and then spams snore icons when i point out that it's an extremely ignorant thing to do.

You definitely are not going to pull me into this conversation any further so you may as well stop trying to. May as well just drop it for real.

#155 6 years ago

seeing lots of thumbs down and zero attempts to refute anything i've said.

#156 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

I can refute 99% of whatever you post on a regular basis, but I just don't care enough. Plus, you are never wrong, so whats the point?

#157 6 years ago

I finally got to play pinball circus. It's fun as hell but frustrating. We went to New York New York and rode the roller coaster and they have a Aerosmith pin. I want one. I will have to start saving money for one. Or maybe I'll go play roulette some more and win the money. I actually left with more money than I started with.

IMG_2256 (resized).JPGIMG_2256 (resized).JPG

#158 6 years ago

Here is another one

IMG_2262 (resized).JPGIMG_2262 (resized).JPG

#159 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Here is another one

Very nice!

#160 6 years ago

Hmm, are those real women? I mean you are in Vegas i just don't know

#161 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Here is another one

Robin needs to add a Super Zoom function for images on pinside

#162 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

aka: The Pinside Way..

#163 6 years ago

Close but no cigar...

#164 6 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

I think what makes people upset too is how TSA uses their resources.
    Stuff like this is ridiculous. I never heard of 95 year old grandmothers in wheelchairs being recruited by terrorists: » YouTube video

Policy is policy. I want them to follow it under every circumstance. If we allow agents to descretionarily pick and choose how and when to follow procedure it will invevitibly lead to two things; racial profiling claims and some form of security breach. So many people have no idea what is or is not allowed through security, I see it all the time. Also take a look at Johny Knoxville and how he dresses up as an old man. What stops a young terrorist from doing something similar? The easiest and most effective approach is to follow policy to the letter no matter the circumstances.

#165 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

Quoted from pezpunk:

I'll take the your bait. Islamophobia is not real. A phobia is an irrational fear. People have good reason to be afraid of Islam. Here's a website that tracks Islamic terror acts: http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/attacks.aspx?Yr=Last30

As you can see during the last 30 days 1168 people have lost their lives in 177 Islamic terror attacks. We're two days into Ramadan and the death toll is already over 80.

As others have correctly pointed out, Islam is not a race.

#166 6 years ago

Guys. I know I sometimes start shit but I didn't mean to start a shitstorm. I was pissed about the whole deal and being delayed for so long because of something stupid and in my opinion unnecessary. My apologies

#167 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Guys. I know I sometimes start shit but I didn't mean to start a shitstorm. I was pissed about the whole deal and being delayed for so long because of something stupid and in my opinion unnecessary. My apologies

Despite your bad experience I hope you enjoy your vacation.

#168 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Post more pics of your trip and the odd people you run into on the strip, we will all forgive you. As for your ordeal at TSA

IMG_4580 (resized).JPGIMG_4580 (resized).JPG

#169 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

My arguments were 100% spot on and I saw zero people attempt to address them.

Im pretty sure accusing people of racism, discussing politics, and religion are forbidden in the forums...so...there's that

#170 6 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisVW:

I'll take the your bait. Islamophobia is not real. A phobia is an irrational fear. People have good reason to be afraid of Islam. Here's a website that tracks Islamic terror acts: http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/attacks/attacks.aspx?Yr=Last30
    As you can see during the last 30 days 1168 people have lost their lives in 177 Islamic terror attacks. We're two days into Ramadan and the death toll is already over 80.
    As others have correctly pointed out, Islam is not a race.

Okay, and over a thousand Iraqi and Syrian civilians have died from American bombings this year. Is that Christian terrorism, or just an ethical whoopsie? I mean, the number of Americans dead on US soil from right-wing militants is at least equal to the number of Americans dead from Islamic militant attacks in the last decade and a half, is it rational to be afraid of right-wingers?

#171 6 years ago

CSB - Trying to add some humor to this thread, Pre 9/11 my 79(1989 or so) year old grand mother, made the mistake when going through the metal detector at DFW airport made the mistake of telling the gate keepers, check me careful, I might have a bomb. Long story short, they in fact did. Long search in a small room.

#172 6 years ago
    Quoted from Stones:

Im pretty sure accusing people of racism, discussing politics, and religion are forbidden in the forums...so...there's that

Well - discussing politics and religion are actually forbidden.
    So... how about ending now this discussion about religion? Please keep the thread on track. Thanks zr11190 for the post below, and hope you can now enjoy your vacation...

Quoted from zr11990:

... and it seems you actually do!

Quoted from zr11990:

Here is another one

#173 6 years ago

With regards to Las Vegas, does anyone else find it kind of fascinating to just look at all the weird, fake-real architecture? I like wandering around the big indoor mall at Caesar's Palace, with the fake sky ceiling. My aunt lives in Vegas so I went there a lot as a kid and the sound of slot machines gives me major nostalgic feelings.

#174 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Post more pics of your trip and the odd people you run into on the strip, we will all forgive you. As for your ordeal at TSA

Seriously how does this guys pic with the dancers on the strip not have more upvotes!?! That was sweet!

#175 6 years ago

Tiger I have some good pics for you but they might not be appropriate. I'll post them with your opinion.

#176 6 years ago

Here is one

IMG_2269 (resized).JPGIMG_2269 (resized).JPG

#177 6 years ago

I composed most of this hours ago before the mod request. It's not arguing, it's just food for thought, so I hope it's okay to post:

"Look like Muslims" is one the most ignorant phrases extant. For instance, Sikh men, with their unshaven beards and turbans, "look like Muslims" more than the majority of Muslims do, and it has gotten many beaten or killed by FITH ignoramuses. There is a Sikh temple right next door to the daycare I own and I worry infinitely more about wack jobs attacking them than I do about the Sikhs themselves. They are the most peaceful people, as indeed are most Muslims.

Most Islamic terrorism is visited upon opposing sects of Islam.

Most radicalized Muslims are not even particularly religious themselves at the time they are radicalized.

Cancer deaths in this country (US) amount to the equivalent of a 9/11 every couple of days. I am in no way equating the causes of death; I know all too well the helplessness of sudden violence taking a loved one (my wife died in a wreck in 2010) but dying slowly while bank accounts drain, homes are lost, and pain increases is no picnic either. The money spent on each problem is ludicrously disproportionate.

My wife loved going on cruises. We always drove because she hated flying (WI to Miami was quite a haul) but on our last one, a few months before the accident, we tried it, and boy, were we rookies! We had like a case of soda loose in our carry-ons, and while we were quite embarrassed, the TSA didn't even find them all! They didn't even pull us aside!

Then our last trip was to Vegas, coincidentally. We didn't pack any soda this time! With our then-7-year-old daughter in tow, we didn't do much Vegas-y stuff. I got to go to the PHOF a couple times. The best part for the whole family was the old west attraction called Bonnie Springs Ranch outside of town. My wife twisted her ankle navigating the "mine" and that fact saved us when we were late to the airport to go home. We would have missed our flight as the TSA line must have been 1000 people long, but we asked for a wheelchair for her and next thing we knew we were whisked through the separate handicapped line in no time flat!

#178 6 years ago
    Quoted from jlm33:

Well - discussing politics and religion are actually forbidden.
    So... how about ending now this discussion about religion? Please keep the thread on track. Thanks zr11190 for the post below, and hope you can now enjoy your vacation...

Dammit! And JUST when I had formulated an intelligent response to Pezpunk that was rational and made a lot of sense!

Oh, well...rules are rules.

#179 6 years ago

Like it or not TSA has a pretty important job to do and it's pretty much all we've got, at least when we fly. They've done a pretty good job so far or we've been lucky. I support them though I know what a pain in the butt it can be.

I remember in the old days at Byrd airport (now RIC) you could walk out very near the airplane ticket or not. The sound of a Connie starting up 30 feet away was awesome.

#180 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Tiger I have some good pics for you but they might not be appropriate. I'll post them with your opinion.

You were up late last night. Ha!

Yea, so long as there is not pure nudity post them, if they are against the site rules for some reason I'll just delete them.

#181 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

You were up late last night. Ha!
    Yea, so long as there is not pure nudity post them, if they are against the site rules for some reason I'll just delete them.

Uh oh.

#184 6 years ago

IMG_2266 (resized).JPGIMG_2266 (resized).JPG

IMG_2265 (resized).JPGIMG_2265 (resized).JPG

#185 6 years ago
    Quoted from ChrisVW:

Despite your bad experience I hope you enjoy your vacation.

As long as you have money, visiting Las Vegas is always enjoyable. Whether to eat a nice meal, do something touristy, play golf, play pinball, gamble, buy something you don't need, get laid, drive an exotic or collectible car etc.

#186 6 years ago

I know some amish that were thought to be muslim by crazy people after 9/11. Similar thing happened after WWII. People thought amish were nazis.

Not really a point to that but it came to my mind after the talk of profiling muslims.

#187 6 years ago
    Quoted from trunchbull:

With regards to Las Vegas, does anyone else find it kind of fascinating to just look at all the weird, fake-real architecture? I like wandering around the big indoor mall at Caesar's Palace, with the fake sky ceiling. My aunt lives in Vegas so I went there a lot as a kid and the sound of slot machines gives me major nostalgic feelings.

The hotels are pretty amazing even though it is all just a facade. The gaming part is all the same no matter where you go and they all smell like cigarettes and bodies and perfume. I can't wait to not smell that smell.

#188 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

The hotels are pretty amazing even though it is all just a facade. The gaming part is all the same no matter where you go and they all smell like cigarettes and bodies and perfume. I can't wait to not smell that smell.

So when you leave the airport follow the instructions and take everything out of your pockets . Pretty simple...otherwise they have the right to pull you into the back. Amazing how people can't follow simple instructions then bitch about it.

#189 6 years ago
    Quoted from MotorCityMatt:

So when you leave the airport follow the instructions and take everything out of your pockets . Pretty simple...otherwise they have the right to pull you into the back. Amazing how people can't follow simple instructions then bitch about it.

Also, if they do want to take you aside for any reason your wife has the right to request it be done by an officer of the same gender. This rule deflates the argument that they are perv guys going after women.

Know your rights and exercise them calmly.

#190 6 years ago

But I guess the point that I didn't get across is that my wife is a rill follower. She made sure to do everything she was told. She believes as many do that they are there for our own good and we should cooperate fully. The whole thing was because of a bill that was left in a pocket of her skirt from another time. She had all her money and other things in her bag that went through the scanner. They took her into the back room while they didn't say anything to me bout forgetting to take my belt off.

#191 6 years ago

Amazing how people have to chime in with the same point that has already been made four times in the thread.

Like it isn't sad it has come to this. I think he was just saying it was a bad start to his trip, he wasn't asking to be harangued. His wife thought she had removed everything from her pockets. Why couldn't she have just handed over the fin and stepped back through the scanner? I'd be pissed too. It is naive to think those TSA agents aren't on a power trip, and we're all expected to blissfully go along with it, as if it's even accomplishing anything.

All over superstition. Nice.

#192 6 years ago
    Quoted from Taxman:

Also, if they do want to take you aside for any reason your wife has the right to request it be done by an officer of the same gender. This rule deflates the argument that they are perv guys going after women.
    Know your rights and exercise them calmly.

At my work we have more perv women going after women than men. I was in women's locker room and the building contact (female) came in and said who's in here watching you and I asked who's watching you.

#193 6 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Amazing how people have to chime in with the same point that has already been made four times in the thread.
    Like it isn't sad it has come to this. I think he was just saying it was a bad start to his trip, he wasn't asking to be harangued. His wife thought she had removed everything from her pockets. Why couldn't she have just handed over the fin and stepped back through the scanner? I'd be pissed too. It is naive to think those TSA agents aren't on a power trip, and we're all expected to blissfully go along with it, as if it's even accomplishing anything.
    All over superstition. Nice.

Superstition?

#194 6 years ago
    Quoted from yzfguy:

Superstition?

Yes.

#196 6 years ago

OP, your last couple of picture posts could have been seen at "people of Walmart". No need to travel all the way to Vegas for that .

On a more serious note, holy cow, some people here need to stop, takes like three 5 second deep breaths, and think before they post. I would bet my AFM that many, MANY things posted here would never get said face to face. Three of the four pages of this thread is completely superfluous. There's a great big world out there, and sometimes I wonder if we sit on here and bitch/fight more than we even play pinball.

#197 6 years ago
    Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Why couldn't she have just handed over the fin and stepped back through the scanner?

That's exactly what I said... but..ya know.. #Pissside.

#198 6 years ago

Keep the pics coming ZR! They are very interesting to say the least. I guess I need to get out more but some of those pictures make me glad that I don't lol.

#199 6 years ago

Goddamn James nice pics but I hope you realize you are supposed to tip all those people!!!! That guy isn't playing guitar in a banana hammock for his health!

#200 6 years ago
    Quoted from NPO:

I would bet my AFM that many, MANY things posted here would never get said face to face. Three of the four pages of this thread is completely superfluous.

I will take you up on that, i would'nt mind having a AFM.

There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/omg-my-wife-and-i-are-going-to-vegas-and-it-has-already-started-out-b/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.