(Topic ID: 190009)

OMG. My wife and I are going to Vegas and it has already started out b

By zr11990

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_0513 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2283 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2279 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2265 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2266 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2269 (resized).JPG
    IMG_4580 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2262 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2256 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2039 (resized).PNG
    IMG_4582 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6084 (resized).JPG
    IMG_6083 (resized).JPG
    IMG_8644 (resized).PNG
    IMG_4576 (resized).JPG
    IMG_2032 (resized).JPG

There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.
    #51 6 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

How would you feel if your junk was touched by a TSA person as part of a pat-down? Compliance has limits; especially compliance just for compliances' sake.

Call me when someone weaponizes a $5 bill.

Touch my junk if you need to. Its not a big deal to me. I'm secure with myself and know that it's probably a random screen for the safety of others and my country.

Anything could have residue from N.B.C. devices.

Airline security is a positive thing to me because I often think of my fellow American citizens that were forced to choose, jumping to their deaths or burn alive when the World Trade Center was hit by an airplane.

#52 6 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

Yeah I know. What I am saying is a security door to the cockpit would have stopped 9/11... but instead of just beefing up the cockpit security we are now pulling random strangers out of security lines over $5 bills in their pockets.

Yeah because there is certainly no way to take down a plane without getting into the cockpit. Not sure why you assume they knew it was a $5 bill and not a plastic razor when they pulled this person from the line for additional search? Amazing.

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

Touch my junk if you need to. Its not a big deal to me. I'm secure with myself and know that it's probably a random screen for the safety of others and my country.

How about your wife? Your kids? Where's the line? Is there a line?

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

I get patted down at the Pentagon. In uniform.
    I get patted down at the airport. With a military ID.
    Who gives a shit? I certainly don't. Better I get my package fondled by every TSA agent within shouting distance than one more innocent life lost by some terrorist asshole.

It's because they know you tip well. Perv.

Quoted from PaulCoff:

Airline security is a positive thing to me because I often think of my fellow American citizens that were forced to choose, jumping to their deaths or burning alive when the World Trade Center was hit by an airplane.

I finally made it to the 9/11 memorial this weekend. It's soul crushing. Seriously soul crushing. Superbly done and a shame every person can't see it. Terrorism is heinous and insidious. What struck me was how no one had any clue how massive the scale was and how hopeless the situation truely was. The quote that stabbed me in the heart: "they (the firefighters) were going up the stairs to their death, we (evacuated) going down to live.

IMG_2032 (resized).JPGIMG_2032 (resized).JPG

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

How would you feel if your junk was touched by a TSA person as part of a pat-down? Compliance has limits; especially compliance just for compliances' sake.

Call me when someone weaponizes a $5 bill.

Pretty simple, if you don't like their procedures then stop flying. If I ever get on a plane I hope they pat down every damn person that's onboard! They touched my junk and humiliated me....waaa waaaaa waaaaa.....good God are you effing kidding me???

#56 6 years ago

James has gotta be laughing his ass off right now!

He's getting F ed up and having fun in Vegas and this thread has blown up.

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Pretty simple, if you don't like their procedures then stop flying. If I ever get on a plane I hope they pat down every damn person that's onboard! They touched my junk and humiliated me....waaa waaaaa waaaaa.....good God are you effing kidding me???

I severely underestimated how much Pinsiders enjoy getting their junk touched by underpaid government workers. Apparently I'm on the wrong forum.

It's cool. This kid could have definitely been a terrorist.

http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/03/29/mom-films-tsa-groping-special-needs-child-sparks-internet-outrage.html

#58 6 years ago

My daughter is a TSA agent at an airport. When I ask her what crazy things people try bring through the airport, she just rolls her eyes.

The stories she tells of what she has to confiscate from people that just don't understand what they are and are not allowed to bring through security.

I couldn't imagine dealing with the public that thinks the TSA is there just to inconvenience everyone and make flying a hassle.

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

Regardless of the thumbs down, you have an opinion and I respect it. I'm ready to have an adult conversation.

Benjamin Franklin said 'Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.' Do you think we've gone too far as a society? Without devolving into pedantic arguments, I'd like to know your thoughts.

#60 6 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

I severely underestimated how much Pinsiders enjoy getting their junk touched by underpaid government workers. Apparently I'm on the wrong forum.
    It's cool. This kid could have definitely been a terrorist.
    http://www.foxnews.com/travel/2017/03/29/mom-films-tsa-groping-special-needs-child-sparks-internet-outrage.html

Not gonna argue about it, my only advice for you is to not fly if you don't like it. If I'm on a plane I want EVERYBODY on it checked out. I think every single person should be checked out. In tough times you got to get tough, and we are in tough times right now!

#61 6 years ago
    Quoted from Richthofen:

NABD... I believe in selfless service for America.
    Totally understand what you mean by "is there a line." My wife was pulled aside by TSA because her maternity pants were too big once. I trusted TSA because it was the protocol for the security of our country.

#62 6 years ago

Oh my goodness I have so much I want to say in this thread, but can't...mod hat and all that...

I think I can safely say I sit with Richthofen on this one though. I'm not sure how much safer the TSA makes us anyway, the terrorists could just go to an FBO if they want a plane without passing through the full body scanner...not like they don't know that.

I think I can safely post this picture that summarizes my view of the TSA:

IMG_4576 (resized).JPGIMG_4576 (resized).JPG

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from PaulCoff:

Touch my junk if you need to. Its not a big deal to me.

I feel the same way. But in my case, it's more like, hey...good luck finding it.

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

I feel the same way. But in my case, it's more like, hey...good luck finding it.

Eh, you know it's a bad sign if after looking at the scanner they send a female agent to do your pat down.

#65 6 years ago
    Quoted from Mudflaps:

Regardless of the thumbs down, you have an opinion and I respect it. I'm ready to have an adult conversation.
    Benjamin Franklin said 'Those who surrender freedom for security will not have, nor do they deserve, either one.' Do you think we've gone too far as a society? Without devolving into pedantic arguments, I'd like to know your thoughts.

In the USA I agree on this at the State level. The whole purpose of the American experiment was a limited government to pretty much give us an army, judicial system and a post office. Flying between states and countries is a privilege and not a right. Big difference.

#66 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Eh, you know it's a bad sign if after looking at the scanner they send a female agent to do your pat down.

That's happened. But I thought it was because of my tits.

#67 6 years ago

beelzeboob(s)

#68 6 years ago

definatly a different place. Some crazy ass people and some good shows to see. we bought tickets for Micheal Jackson tonight.
    As far as the tsa goes we were discussing it and I realized that while I took everything out of my pockets and my shoes off I forgot to take my belt off and they said nothing but they flagged her for a 5 that was left In Her pocket from some other time. It was aggrivating at the time but we are here having fun now

#69 6 years ago
    Quoted from Who-Dey:

Not gonna argue about it, my only advice for you is to not fly if you don't like it. If I'm on a plane I want EVERYBODY on it checked out. I think every single person should be checked out. In tough times you got to get tough, and we are in tough times right now!

I'm fine if they check everyone. It's when they make a big show of checking a few middle aged or elderly mainstream Americans while at the same time letting obvious Muslims go by unchallenged because they are scared to death of being called islamophobic or racist . Their political correctness invalidates 90% of the effectiveness of the so-called security checks. The Israelis are one of the only ones who get security right.
    And give me a break about how many terrorists they catch that we never hear about. Do you really believe that???

#70 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

definatly a different place. Some crazy ass people and some good shows to see. we bought tickets for Micheal Jackson tonight.
    As far as the tsa goes we were discussing it and I realized that while I took everything out of my pockets and my shoes off I forgot to take my belt off and they said nothing but they flagged her for a 5 that was left In Her pocket from some other time. It was aggrivating at the time but we are here having fun now

Show is worth seeing. Go see Beatles Love.

#71 6 years ago

The TSA is NOTHING.

It's the airlines that suck, namely United. Hope to never have to fly that one again.

Absolute disasterous crap going and coming from overseas. Delays, canceled flights, rude employees, just horrible.

The only plus is the F ing bag they lost on the way back was found and delivered to my house with good updates.

#72 6 years ago
    Quoted from sbmania:

I'm fine if they check everyone. It's when they make a big show of checking a few middle aged or elderly mainstream Americans while at the same time letting obvious Muslims go by unchallenged because they are scared to death of being called islamophobic or racist . Their political correctness invalidates 90% of the effectiveness of the so-called security checks. The Israelis are one of the only ones who get security right.
    And give me a break about how many terrorists they catch that we never hear about. Do you really believe that???

You won't get any argument out of me because I agree with you 100%!

#73 6 years ago

Every time she have been to Hawaii on United they have cancelled or seriously delayed my flight and I have had to wait for hours on each leg. But it's Hawaii it's worth it just to be there.

#74 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

:

#75 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Every time she have been to Hawaii on United they have cancelled or seriously delayed my flight and I have had to wait for hours on each leg. But it's Hawaii it's worth it just to be there.

Go to New York New York hotel and check out Extreme Pinball's machines.

Enjoy the freak show that is Vegas!

#76 6 years ago
    Quoted from beelzeboob:

That's happened. But I thought it was because of my tits.

They call those Moobs beelzeboob, aka man boobs.

#77 6 years ago

Get your pilots license and fly yourself. Totally worth it if you have the time and resources. I don't regret going for mine.

#78 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

we bought tickets for Micheal Jackson tonight.

Speaking of inappropriate touching of minors...

#79 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Some crazy ass people

We call them tourists here, locals mostly avoid the Strip.

#80 6 years ago

It's interesting for me to see how strongly some of you guys from America responds to any form of invasion of personal space, and certain rules laid down by the government.
    I work at an airport and regularly get patted down, as well as when I travel in my own spare time. I don't mind it. If it increases security, then by all means go for it. I know the rules before I go, and if I don't like the smell, then I'll stay away.

I also think that it's a bit insulting to a lot of people suggesting that the TSA are pedophiles, or some other form of perverts, just because they do a proper pad down, even on a kid. You know it's going to happen, your kid won't be any less "pure" afterwards (Their doctor might also see their sacred parts by the way, oh no!), and since human ethics can be pretty low, normal families with kids could be used (paid or forced to) to traffic drugs etc. The TSA have procedures, they follow them. Besides that, you would be surprised how 'stupid' (Maybe not stupid, but ignorant to the rules) some people are, especially with first time flyers etc. (This applies everywhere... In the middle eastern countries people will try to bring live chickens and that which are MUCH worse on the plane for their religious trip to Mecca).

Sure there might be some power tripping TSA agents, like there are in most jobs, but if you don't make an effort to single yourself out, you'll probably be overlooked in the crowd of literally thousands of other people going through every day.

If you want to call first amendment rights or whatever you use over there, then stay at home where you make most of the rules. If you go into public space with written rules, and are expecting to fly on a private airline (where they make the rules) then you should follow them. Don't be a snowflake at the cost of others...

That's my thoughts any way, sorry for rambling...

To OP: Enjoy Vegas! I hope to go there myself one day.

#81 6 years ago

All western countries are targets. There is nothing we can do about that. There are however two different kinds of targets. Soft targets and hard targets. All bad guys look for a soft target. The old lady who can't fight back. A house with no bars on the windows or unlocked doors. The suit walking down the street staring at his phone or the airport with weak security. That's what bad guys look for. They want victims not a fight. It's your responsibility to make yourself a hard target in your daily life. It's the governments responsibility to make this nation a hard target. No one else is going to do it for us.

#82 6 years ago

The level of disrespect in this thread is astounding. I normally don't click on things like this, but the title lured me in. Is this the tone of all off topic discussions on this forum?

#83 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

We have a small plan but many of you have been here numerous times. I was seeking advice from people with experience. So far I'm overwhelmed. The Belagio is amazing

We go to Vegas every year. We stay at aria but the bellagio is legit. Go get drunk by the pool. Play some pinball at New York New York or go to Fremont street (haven't been there but looks legit). Go to the bar in the ORIENTAL. It has a view of the entire strip and some of the best cocktails I have ever had. Then go to dinner at SW steakhouse, then find a nice ultra lounge and chill.

Nothing better, I love Vegas and I don't gamble at all when I am there. I have enough slot machines in my home to know those things are fuckin evil.

#84 6 years ago
    Quoted from jorge5240:

Play some pinball at New York New York

What machines are there? I need to book a hotel for a September trip soonish and have not ever stayed at that one.

#85 6 years ago
    Quoted from inhomearcades:

Everyone complains when something is missed by security and something horrible happens yet god forbid they have to go through security. It's amazing people still complain about air travel, you can get across the country or world for that matter in hours all while connected to the internet and having a drink with ice in it. People used to make these same journeys in wagons and 1/3 of the people used to die along the way. All in all I'd say a small search at the security check point is a pretty minor inconvenience. I also never understand how something so minor can "ruin" someone's day. If that's your problem for the day, you have it pretty well. As for the airport security, you know the gig and process, its no surprise. If your not willing to abide, please opt out of air travel. Also do yourself a favor and go through the tsa pre check process, you'll be happy you did.

I think what makes people upset too is how TSA uses their resources.

Stuff like this is ridiculous. I never heard of 95 year old grandmothers in wheelchairs being recruited by terrorists:

#86 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

What machines are there? I need to book a hotel for a September trip soonish and have not ever stayed at that one.

Take a train to Silver Ball Museum in Asbury Park, NJ. There's the laundromat in Brooklyn. Modern Pinball in Manhattan. There's enough machines on location too (pinballmap.com).

#87 6 years ago

I always drive to Vegas from SoCal Los Angeles. I wouldn't fly if I could.

The drive through Death Valley at sunset. I've seen it atleast three times.

The chaos of Vegas consumes me. I love it. If I didn't like Los Angeles and California so very much I would consider a move to Vegas area. I would never ever be bored.

#88 6 years ago

I wanted to comment on traveling by plane. As a young kid in the 70s and 80s this was a fun experience. But after 911 that all changed. We were lucky we even could fly at all that day.

I don't like traveling on plane anymore, but I respect all the procedures and staff. I don't want anything unexpected to happen. I've seen too much of that already.

#89 6 years ago

Here is my take on the TSA. First of all that hire the bottom of the barrel. Its like they have a goal to pick the worst employees that can find. I don't believe that that are effective in stopping any kind of highjackiing or anything else. They are to busy feeling up grandma or some middle class working person thanto take the chance on offending someone who looks like they need to be screened. A criminal with intent to do harm is not going to go through the processes that law abiding people do. The tsa is more for control and to make it look like they are doing something. I do not trust the government in any form.
    As for vegas, it's a lot of fun. Lots of shows and great places to eat. Liquor is expensive and I suck at gambling. We are going to New York New York today and the pinball museum. I'm looking forward to it

#90 6 years ago

Starting the thread "OMG" i assumed you were a 15 year old girl and not old enough to be in Vegas

#91 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

I do not trust the government in any form.

#92 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

Search on here. New York has all new sterns and WOZ(like 12 games).The OP posts on here and maintins like a champ.

Try staying at Aria. It is different but my favorite place to stay!

#93 6 years ago
    Quoted from Azmodeus:

I wanted to comment on traveling by plane. As a young kid in the 70s and 80s this was a fun experience. But after 911 that all changed. We were lucky we even could fly at all that day.
    I don't like traveling on plane anymore, but I respect all the procedures and staff. I don't want anything unexpected to happen. I've seen too much of that already.

I was born in 1978...I miss the days as a kid, where the pilots would invite young children into the cockpit to see how the plane is flown. Or if you sat close enough to the front, the cockpit door would always be open, and you could watch them fly the plane. I remember walking off the airplane with my mom and having my dad waiting for us right there at the gate. Or when going on the plane, my Dad would stay with us at the gate until we boarded the plane. Concerts and all sporting events took literally no time to enter the arena/stadium, we just walked right in. Disney didn't have metal detectors. The only security at Six Flags Great Adventure was to make sure no one cut the ride lines. No such thing as driving and texting/talking on phone traffic tickets. We still had physical tickets for everything. Couldn't do any traveling without a travel agent.

Ahh...I miss the 80's.

#94 6 years ago
    Quoted from Trekkie1978:

Take a train to Silver Ball Museum in Asbury Park, NJ. There's the laundromat in Brooklyn. Modern Pinball in Manhattan. There's enough machines on location too (pinballmap.com).

Ah, I meant the New York New York casino in Vegas. I thought that was what they were referencing. Are there pins in the NYNY casino?

PavBall and I mostly hang with Brenda and Chris when we are in actual NY the last couple years; he's taken us by Modern and I've heard that laundromat has a BBB and some other rare titles (must make it out there).

#95 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

They are to busy feeling up grandma or some middle class working person thanto take the chance on offending someone who looks like they need to be screened.

This is so absurdly myopic and out of touch with reality. Ask any brown or Arab looking person about how frequently they're subjected to "random" spot checks and security interviews. Acting like you're unfairly targeted because you're white is just ignorant.

(And yes I'm going to go ahead and read racial overtones to your "people who look like they need to be screened" comment. Cue your outrage on being called out for what you actually meant.)

#96 6 years ago
    Quoted from zr11990:

Here is my take on the TSA. First of all that hire the bottom of the barrel. Its like they have a goal to pick the worst employees that can find. I don't believe that that are effective in stopping any kind of highjackiing or anything else. They are to busy feeling up grandma or some middle class working person thanto take the chance on offending someone who looks like they need to be screened. A criminal with intent to do harm is not going to go through the processes that law abiding people do. The tsa is more for control and to make it look like they are doing something. I do not trust the government in any form.
    As for vegas, it's a lot of fun. Lots of shows and great places to eat. Liquor is expensive and I suck at gambling. We are going to New York New York today and the pinball museum. I'm looking forward to it

This entire post is hard to read, literally. I get the pat down everytime I fly, its a fact of life and I deal with it. Liquor in Vegas is not expensive, its dirt cheap in the right places. I went out for dinner last night with my wife $225 with beer at $9 a glass. Dinner was gross and the beer was flat. I'll take Vegas anyday.

#97 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

This is so absurdly myopic and out of touch with reality. Ask any brown or Arab looking person about how frequently they're subjected to "random" spot checks and security interviews. Acting like you're unfairly targeted because you're white is just ignorant.
    (And yes I'm going to go ahead and read racial overtones to your "people who look like they need to be screened" comment. Cue your outrage on being called for what you actually meant.)

My passport says I was born in South Africa and a Canadian. I am a middle aged white guy and get pulled aside and given the shit every time I fly. Special screening room for you!! It happens so offer I don't even care anymore, I give them some attitude to make myself feel better and 5 minutes later I'm drinking in the lounge.

The outright prejudice is stupid, especially since everyone who works at airport security is from the middle east, go figure...lol

#98 6 years ago
    Quoted from pezpunk:

I don't know, I think you just simply dismissing his view point off hand like that is not really reasonable.

Try flying with some really attractive women, watch them get screened over and over again at airport after airport...you'll figure out why many people feel the TSA has some rather pervy employees. They've earned that reputation...they are not angels, they give those creepy looks at women and girls you so often ridicule people for making jokes about here.

TSA has some bad apple employees...it's not just the power tripping ones that knock people's teeth out or are rude to people. I fly a lot...I've seen a lot of weird stuff at airports.

#99 6 years ago

Bet the OP is an absolute blast to play blackjack with.

#100 6 years ago
    Quoted from TigerLaw:

I don't know, I think you just simply dismissing his view point off hand like that is not really reasonable.
    Try flying with some really attractive women, watch them get screened over and over again at airport after airport...you'll figure out why many people feel the TSA has some rather pervy employees. They've earned that reputation...they are not angels, they give those creepy looks at women and girls you so often ridicule people for making jokes about here.
    TSA has some bad apple employees...it's not just the power tripping ones that knock people's teeth out or are rude to people. I fly a lot...I've seen a lot of weird stuff at airports.

I don't doubt that's true. I'm not saying they're angels, but zr11990 wasn't accusing them of being pervy. He was saying they target grandmas and "working class" people because they don't want to "offend" the people who "look like they should be screened". Let's be real, he means Muslims. He's implying TSA agents intentionally target white people instead of Muslims because of political correctness. Say what you want about TSA agents abusing their power, but this specific complaint is ridiculous.

There are 229 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 5.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/omg-my-wife-and-i-are-going-to-vegas-and-it-has-already-started-out-b/page/2?hl=pinhead2112 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.