Topic Stats

• 27 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 months ago by jclocomotion
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 12 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

s-l1600 (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (11) (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (10) (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (9) (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (8) (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (7) (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (6) (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (5) (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (4) (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (2) (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (1) (resized).jpg
s-l1600 (3) (resized).jpg

#1 9 months ago

Just bought a Williams Fire Power Twin Ball, done the usual NOOB thing and bought it on a few pics
It's been stored for 15 years after being a home pin so hopefully won't be much wrong with it.
They said it powers up and plays but it doesn't release the second ball when required hhmmm

Ahh well looks like we are on the slippery slope to pinball heaven

s-l1600 (1) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (10) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (11) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (2) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (3) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (4) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (5) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (6) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (7) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (8) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (9) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg
#2 9 months ago

Cleaning and tuning up a pinball machine is great stay at home stuff. Just be aware that pinball machines are herd animals. It is amazing how quick they start to gather up.

#3 9 months ago

Congrats!! First thing to check is that there should be three balls in the trough.

#4 9 months ago
Quoted from Sputnik:

Cleaning and tuning up a pinball machine is great stay at home stuff. Just be aware that pinball machines are herd animals. It is amazing how quick they start to gather up.

Yes it is but I am a key worker so have to go to work but if it helps others
My misses is stay at home so she is getting her hand dirty

Quoted from AUKraut:

Congrats!! First thing to check is that there should be three balls in the trough.

Will keep that in mind as we hopefully will be picking it up next weekend (considering the lock-down is gathering speed) as there will be no contact to either party and we will swab it down with gloves on before we load it in the car

#5 9 months ago

Look at your boards...need to replace batteries ASAP, then make plans to add NVRAM.

#6 9 months ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

Look at your boards...need to replace batteries ASAP, then make plans to add NVRAM.

I will take some stuff with us and remove the battery if it is still attached and try and neutralise any corrosion if there is any.

#7 9 months ago

You should order some new balls and rubbers.

#8 9 months ago
Quoted from ss-pinball:

You should order some new balls and rubbers.

We are still waiting on the last orders for the Locomotion which haven't arrived yet. Wished I had a crystal ball then would have doubled up on certain stuff.
Just about to order some balls from the ballbaron but will adjust that order now

#9 9 months ago

Looks in good shape on the playfield.

Welcome to the wonderful world of pinball my friend !

LTG : )

#10 9 months ago
Quoted from LTG:

Looks in good shape on the playfield.
Welcome to the wonderful world of pinball my friend !
LTG : )

We hope so as we haven't been face to face with it yet

#11 9 months ago
Quoted from jclocomotion:

Just bought a Williams Fire Power Twin Ball, done the usual NOOB thing and bought it on a few pics
It's been stored for 15 years after being a home pin so hopefully won't be much wrong with it.
They said it powers up and plays but it doesn't release the second ball when required hhmmm
Ahh well looks like we are on the slippery slope to pinball heaven [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where is it??? It looks rough! Game looks really nice though. A great multiball game!

#12 9 months ago

Get that puppy home, and welcome to this crazy hobby! Oh, and make sure to clear some space for the other pins that are sure to follow

#13 9 months ago
Quoted from Isochronic_Frost:

Where is it??? It looks rough! Game looks really nice though. A great multiball game!

Hoping it's not that bad but will have to wait till next weekend to find out

Quoted from cogito:

Get that puppy home, and welcome to this crazy hobby! Oh, and make sure to clear some space for the other pins that are sure to follow

We are already crazy Can't wait to pick it up

#14 9 months ago

Firepower is a great pin!

However seeing those pictures and none with the displays working I would suspect that the game actually isn't even working at all...
I would advise you to keep a close eye to it, depending on the asking price of course as it looks to be in decent shape for sure!

#15 9 months ago
Quoted from Bingovit:

However seeing those pictures and none with the displays working I would suspect that the game actually isn't even working at all...
I would advise you to keep a close eye to it, depending on the asking price of course as it looks to be in decent shape for sure!

Already paid for it but looking at lots of other pics on this forum and the internet the pictures of the back glass some various parts of the displays seem to be missing but in other pictures they look fine.

Just have to wait till next weekend after all how often do you buy 80's pins and expect 100% satisfaction

#16 9 months ago
Quoted from Bingovit:

Good point on the displays.

I bought it through eBay so if it really is a bag of shite should have some comeback

#17 9 months ago

Firepower is an all time great, a true classic, and well worth the effort to get working...

... I say this as I agree it doesn't look like it's even booting in the pics you posted. Only the GI is on. None of the controlled playfield lamps are on, nor are the displays. This is a classic telltale of trouble with the boards. It could be and hopefully is a simple incidental issue, but is more likely the warning you should start reading up on troubleshooting Williams System 6. There are many common failure points and required steps to really make it reliable again. But it's worth the effort and the journey is half the fun...! Start with Vids Guide to System 3-7 here on pinside... I'm sure you'll get plenty of help as you go further in.

Good luck and welcome to the club. Oh and BTW even if it's not booting, that pf looks to be in great shape for an original

#18 9 months ago

Congratulations and welcome to the cult. My FP was in far worse shape and is now in action and looking good. I bought mine before I had the tools and confidence to tackle board work so I sent the boards out to be repaired. $180 did all the common fail points and the NVRAM. There are a few common things that will keep the board from booting. RAM, or power to the RAM, 40-pin interconnect, and bad SCANBE chip sockets. But before tearing out the boards and boxing them up, remember ASAP- Always Start At Power. Check for the correct voltages coming out of power supply, check across the 5v filter cap for AC ripple (good idea with any game that's coming out of storage - power connector to boards unplugged) also...pinrepair.com, and firepower.2ya.com are chock full of vital information you'll need to get the game running and reliable.

#19 9 months ago
Quoted from goingincirclez:

Firepower is an all time great, a true classic, and well worth the effort to get working...
... I say this as I agree it doesn't look like it's even booting in the pics you posted. Only the GI is on. None of the controlled playfield lamps are on, nor are the displays. This is a classic telltale of trouble with the boards. It could be and hopefully is a simple incidental issue, but is more likely the warning you should start reading up on troubleshooting Williams System 6. There are many common failure points and required steps to really make it reliable again. But it's worth the effort and the journey is half the fun...! Start with Vids Guide to System 3-7 here on pinside... I'm sure you'll get plenty of help as you go further in.
Good luck and welcome to the club. Oh and BTW even if it's not booting, that pf looks to be in great shape for an original

Hopefully it wont have any battery corrosion issues but the first thing i will do when picking it up is check the board and do waht is needed to stop any more issues and go from there.
I have printed out Vids guide to 3 -7 and reading up
Playfield does look good but will have to wait and see.

Quoted from oilspot:

Congratulations and welcome to the cult. My FP was in far worse shape and is now in action and looking good. I bought mine before I had the tools and confidence to tackle board work so I sent the boards out to be repaired. $180 did all the common fail points and the NVRAM. There are a few common things that will keep the board from booting. RAM, or power to the RAM, 40-pin interconnect, and bad SCANBE chip sockets. But before tearing out the boards and boxing them up, remember ASAP- Always Start At Power. Check for the correct voltages coming out of power supply, check across the 5v filter cap for AC ripple (good idea with any game that's coming out of storage - power connector to boards unplugged) also...pinrepair.com, and firepower.2ya.com are chock full of vital information you'll need to get the game running and reliable.

I am in the UK and don't think there are places to send the boards out to be fixed here not at a cost to near that of yours
I have already read a lot of Vids guides to 3-7 Williams and talking a lot of info in.
We also watch a lots of Joes's video Classics on YT and he does give a good amount of info out in them

Here's to our Journey

1 week later
#20 9 months ago

A few said that they would multiply...off to get a Fan-Tas-Tic tomorrow I got into trouble with er-indoors but have a feeling it will be worth it

#21 9 months ago

well that did not take long to get another ha ha

#22 9 months ago
Quoted from uphamj:

well that did not take long to get another ha ha

Last one for a while now.
I know the EMs have more in them but this is heavy

#23 9 months ago
Quoted from jclocomotion:

Last one for a while now.

LOL OK!
I literally say that at least once a week

#24 9 months ago
Quoted from MeNaCeFiRe:

LOL OK!
I literally say that at least once a week

If you had er-indoors as a wife you would know that this is it for now LOL

#25 9 months ago

That playfield looks to be in great condition. Put many a quarter in one of those when I was a teen. Very good start to an addiction.

#26 9 months ago

Firepower is a very fun game. The best mod I've ever seen on one is running with a Level 7 board. Someone changed the rules a while back that can run on that. It makes the game a ton more fun (so it is a fun game made even funner!). Get that puppy running and have a great time with it.

#27 9 months ago
Quoted from DaveH:

Firepower is a very fun game. The best mod I've ever seen on one is running with a Level 7 board. Someone changed the rules a while back that can run on that. It makes the game a ton more fun (so it is a fun game made even funner!). Get that puppy running and have a great time with it.

I think the FP will be the most demanding of the 3 we have so far but time will tell and I will see about that level 7 mod too

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
$ 14.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Siegecraft Electronics
$ 499.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 11.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 33.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
Cabinet - Other
UpKick Pinball
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside