Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMAG2791.jpg
fry.jpg
unit003.jpg
unit002.jpg
unit001.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zippydapinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

Attended an abandoned storage unit auction this morning. Was a closed door auction. Most of the time the units are empty or full of trash so wasn't expecting much. Won with a bid of $178. Cut the lock and, holy mother of god! PINBALL MACHINES! And arcade games and related coin-op stuff, along with the usual assorted junk, mostly bar/tavern furnishings and such. Climbing through there, I counted 23 pins, 6 arcades, & two jukeboxes. Feeling overwhelmed right now! The same guy had a second, smaller unit that was auctioned off after I opened this one and the bidding went into the $1000's. When it was opened all that was in there was one arcade, boxes of pcb boards and parts and all the legs for the pins in the first unit. I felt bad for the guy who won that auction and traded him the Dr Who from my unit for all the pin parts and legs so he wouldn't come out of the deal as bad.
Looking at the boxes of parts, looks like a crapload of NOS boards from early Bally through WPC, tons of NOS coils, plastics, ramps etc. Actually might have been a fair trade for that Dr. Who, there is so much good stuff.
I am renting this storage unit until I figure out what to do with all these new toys and where to put them. My game room is full, may have to convert the garage for a second game room.
Once I sort through and see what is what, I will be selling some of these off cheap, as I saw several titles I already own or have no real interest in.
Will post more pics as I go through the mayhem.

unit001.jpgunit001.jpg
unit002.jpgunit002.jpg
unit003.jpgunit003.jpg

#2 9 years ago
Quoted from LesManley:

A closed door storage auction that just happened to take place on the Wednesday morning of April 1st and he just happened to score many of the pins the OP already has in his collection; Fish Tales, Whirlwind, Pinbot, Dr. Who, Black Knight...not to mention that all the pics he posted are of those pins he already has in his collection.

I was wondering how long it would take someone to look at my profile pics and realize that.
Good job!
April fools!

Actually all my pins went into storage this week to stage my house to sell.
For some stange reason the Realtor thinks it will sell better that way.
I popped the question to my girlfriend of 6 years and we are looking for a bigger house (with a bigger game room!)
Happy April everyone!

#25 9 years ago

quick update
I have one of those pod things being delivered soon. Gonna move the pins into it and have the pod dropped at my house. Got a couple friends on the way with dollys and tarps - it just started raining here, but it ain't gonna get me down.

Quoted from ita47:

And you traded a Dr. Who for some legs and pinball parts?

Like I said, I felt really bad for the guy, he just blew big bucks on a bad gamble and lost big time, wheras I made out like a frikkin bandit. (Plus I already have a much nicer looking Dr Who)

As I was helping him load it, I opened it up to show him how a pin works and all. The boards are clean and the batteries have been removed, hopefully that means the rest of them had the evil batts removed as well.

Quick game list

Fish Tales
Whirlwind X2
Funhouse
Black Knight
Addams family
Medusa
Indiana Jones (williams)
SeaWitch
Unknown wedgehead
pinbot
Unknown EM
Farfalla
Hi Speed
Scared Stiff
Blackout
WCS
Diner
Taxi
Space Station
Cant get to the rest
Arcade games look to be
Asteroids x2
Galaga
Cheyenne
Tron
frogger
& Unknown

#42 9 years ago

updated second post

#49 9 years ago

And I finally managed to start a topic with no boob pics in it!

#53 9 years ago
Quoted from Darcy:

When using a storage unit with a ground level garage door. It is a wise idea to place your stuff up on pallets. The added 7 to 8 inches in height will save your stuff from any small flooding.

They are up on 4x4s

#56 9 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Some bald pinhead wearing a neck collar and ribbon on top of his head.

havn't seen him

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

$ 25.00
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zippydapinhead.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/omg-incredible-storage-unit-score-holy-st?tu=zippydapinhead and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.