Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by starbase
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TF_leg2.jpg
    TF_leg.jpg
    There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 11 years ago

Personally haven't seen anything all spark related, but I'm not an owner. PLayed some routed machines and never seen anything so bad it wouldn't fit in the all spark or anything.

It's a well built machine, my issues are all rules based. Last code was what...8 months ago? Is there really to be a new one?

Quoted from crank:

Everyone? How many Pinsiders are there?

A lot...and it happens a lot. Just human nature really.

#52 11 years ago
    Quoted from ButtonMash:

Everyone seems to make an "omg I'm loving (xxx game they've had for two days)" thread, to be followed by the inevitable for sale thread a few weeks later.

Now you hurt my feelings. Guess I not an everyone. Loved it when I played it, Love it since I have owned it and the kids still love playing it every weekend. Not going anywhere. Now its only been 6 months mind you but I know guys that flip A rated games in a 3rd of that time.

Fair to say that more people that own them nowadays knowing everything are happier than the 1st batch of owners. May have a lot to do with my general rule of selling. manage expectations ; )

#53 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Now you hurt my feelings. Guess I not an everyone. Loved it when I played it, Love it since I have owned it and the kids still love playing it every weekend. Not going anywhere. Now its only been 6 months mind you but I know guys that flip A rated games in a 3rd of that time.
    Fair to say that more people that own them nowadays knowing everything are happier than the 1st batch of owners. May have a lot to do with my general rule of selling. manage expectations ; )

didnt coaster guy own it three times in 6 months? Ha!

The cube fell off its mooring. Top screw - looks more like a rivet - came off. need to look in bottom of game for what it was. Wondering best way to repair. Anyone put a color changer in the allspark? what are the best playfield lighting options? is there a good backbox led kit?

#54 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Max, does a ball ever not completely go into the megaton trough? I've had it happen 2 times now on slower shots into megatron and had to Nudge it during a ball search to get it unstuck. Tilted the first time.

Yes, it did that. Then someone suggested that the pitch was too steep. I raised the front legs and the problem has not happened since (knock on wood)

#55 11 years ago

Max, does a ball ever not completely go into the megaton trough? I've had it happen 2 times now on slower shots into megatron and had to Nudge it during a ball search to get it unstuck. Tilted the first time.

Yes, it did that. Then someone suggested that the pitch was too steep. I raised the front legs and the problem has not happened since (knock on wood)

#56 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

That's strange, because TF IS a slower adventure game. To actually get through and complete all 8 modes, 2 multiballs, mini wiz and wiz - that is going to be as long as most LOTR games.

Yep, it's a lot of work

#57 11 years ago
    Quoted from ButtonMash:

Everyone seems to make an "omg I'm loving (xxx game they've had for two days)" thread, to be followed by the inevitable for sale thread a few weeks later.

I've had my TFLE (Decepticon) for a year. Don't look for a FS post from me anytime soon

#58 11 years ago

For me it takes plays - weeks or months of playing - to know how good a game is. Whether you own it or not. i thought XMEN was lame the first time i played it. Then I played it again and liked it more. Then I played it again and now I want one. next time I might be bored. But if I continue to enjoy it it'll make it's way into the house. Pinball machines are some serious shit man. Not to be taken lightly. To me pinball machines are like a girlfriend (and as expensive!)....every now again it's love at first site...and maybe great forever...but usually you gotta date aLOT. Find out the good and the bad. Figure out what it is you want and if she delivers. and then if/once you make a commitment, does she have staying power?

I let TFLE in the house, whether or not she stays will be a matter of how much fun we have together in the next couple of months.

#59 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes that is a major issue or common problem. Optimus not registering hits is another.

If anyone's having probs with Optimus registering hits, here's an easy fix: His foot lifts off a switch, that's what registers the hits...that switch is on a metal bracket, attached under the playfield. Just take that off, and put some washers inbetween the bracket and pf when you screw it back in. This will make it so that the switch isn't as depressed, and a lighter hit will give you the hit. If it's still not to you liking, try doubling up the washers. Another good mod for Prime is to put an adhesive rubber nub piece (the type you put on electronics so they don't slide around) on his OTHER foot. This foot gets hit by a coil which pushes him back when a hit is registered - so it looks like he got bashed...unfortunately the coil doesn't make enough contact to push him much...however with a rubber nub there, he gets a bit more push from the coil, making the visual effect better.

I let TFLE in the house, whether or not she stays will be a matter of how much fun we have together in the next couple of months.

Yeah, I had over 1000 plays on mine before I gave up on it, so I totally understand the 'new game excitement'...over the course of all those plays I was putting up with the flaws...but my "deal breaker" gripe was the roadblock code. That was my final straw...however, word is that will be addressed in the upcoming update so - that's a good thing.

#60 11 years ago

Does the Allspark left kick out need protection? Cliffy doesn't make anything for it.

I'd say the ball is kicked out of that hole so slowly that there's no back-spin, and therefore no protection needed... If you're talking about entry damage, I'd also say no because it only allows entry from a direct ball... no side rebounds off things to eat the wood up like you see on many saucer/scoop shots... They got that one right with Megatron scoop entry also

Quoted from Rarehero:

If anyone's having probs with Optimus registering hits, here's an easy fix: His foot lifts off a switch, that's what registers the hits...that switch is on a metal bracket, attached under the playfield. Just take that off, and put some washers inbetween the bracket and pf when you screw it back in. This will make it so that the switch isn't as depressed, and a lighter hit will give you the hit.

You can also remove one of the two springs under the p/f that pull OP back into position, this will halve the force needed to move him and therefore register...

To achieve the same effect that RH mentioned above I bent the leaf of my switch down a bit so that the switch would be closer to making contact when the leaf touches his foot... Saves the fiddly job of trying to hold 2 washers in place while you re-attach the switch from underneath the p/f

#61 11 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

The later Transformers have these fitted from the factory.
    My LE is 420/500 (or something) and it has them.
    Dave.

Sorry Dave but Stern sent me #420 Le combo probably they said "DUDE CALIFORNIA" and totally prejudged me because like Clinton I never inhaled or fornicated with that woman.

p.s. I love me some Transformers and its probably been the most played until AC/DC showed up.

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/omg-i-love-transformers-le/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.