Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 61 posts
  • 31 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by starbase
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

TF_leg2.jpg
    TF_leg.jpg
    There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 11 years ago

Goodbye LOTR.... I don't miss you. Played 76 games this weekend and I love it. I think I have to blame Ironman as I am craving fast paced games over deep slower adventure games. I love it

#2 11 years ago

I not sure if I will ever get to play a LE(in any model), but I liked the Pro version of TF. LOTR takes to dam long to play a game.

#3 11 years ago

Same here. Played it and fell in love. read lots of negativity but knew I loved it so I bought and now I love it even more. Awesome game. Have fun!

#4 11 years ago

great game, love it too!

#5 11 years ago

Still not bored with TF after almost a year Looking foward to the updated code.

#6 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Same here. Played it and fell in love. read lots of negativity but knew I loved it so I bought and now I love it even more. Awesome game. Have fun!

You have to take everything people say on this web site with a grain of salt. I can't even read threads about Xmen anymore because people try to make it a bad game when in fact,it's one of the best out there. I haven't played TF yet,but I will,& I plan on owning one in the future because it looks BITCH'N,& I'm a HUGE fan!!

#7 11 years ago

I picked up a pro recently. The more I play it the more I love it.

#8 11 years ago

I had an LE on order when I heard about the Tron rerun. Cancelled the LE and ordered Tron but will buy a Transformers if Avengers is crap.

I have played my buddies TF Le a lot and love it.

#9 11 years ago

TF-LE still the most played pin in my line-up. Always challenging....Love it!!!

#10 11 years ago

yep, love my transformers LE, when people come over to play it is one of the most played games in the line up.

#11 11 years ago
    Quoted from rockinganker:

I had an LE on order when I heard about the Tron rerun. Cancelled the LE and ordered Tron but will buy a Transformers if Avengers is crap.
    I have played my buddies TF Le a lot and love it.

I would dump TF way before dumping my Tron....so you made a good choice in my opinion

#12 11 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

Goodbye LOTR.... I don't miss you. Played 76 games this weekend and I love it. I think I have to blame Ironman as I am craving fast paced games over deep slower adventure games. I love it

Oh look, its two newlyweds off on their HONEYMOON

Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I would dump TF way before dumping my Tron....so you made a good choice in my opinion

I just find this confusing in light of the original post in this thread; you must REALLY love Tron

#13 11 years ago

+1 here, Still have my TFLE,
    not going anywhere.

#14 11 years ago

If you truly love it you need to put some of these on it:

http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=2711

#15 11 years ago

[]

Very good advice indeed!! I wish I'd have done this to mine!!

TF_leg.jpgTF_leg.jpg TF_leg2.jpgTF_leg2.jpg

#16 11 years ago

TFLE is a great game, the haters are very vocal, but probably only represent less than 1% of those that have bought and or played.

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from metahugh:

The later Transformers have these fitted from the factory.

My LE is 420/500 (or something) and it has them.

Dave.

#18 11 years ago

So, does anyone have any news on a code update?? Like approximately when and approximately what?

#19 11 years ago

never tried le, but i love the pro. really good game!

#20 11 years ago
    Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Oh look, its two newlyweds off on their HONEYMOON

We are going to Chicago together to visit Uncle Gary

#21 11 years ago

I enjoyed the game greatly when I got to play a few games on it. Wish I had more time on it. The sound really rocked!

#22 11 years ago

i love it too !!

#23 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinballslave:

Very good advice indeed!! I wish I'd have done this to mine!!

I have a spare front decal around here somewhere if you need one.

#24 11 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

I think I have to blame Ironman as I am craving fast paced games over deep slower adventure games.

That's strange, because TF IS a slower adventure game. To actually get through and complete all 8 modes, 2 multiballs, mini wiz and wiz - that is going to be as long as most LOTR games.

#25 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I have a spare front decal around here somewhere if you need one.

Now that would be an offer I couldn't refuse!! I did write to Stern sending them the same pics I posted here, but didn't hear back...

I'll PM you for details!

#26 11 years ago

I had a chance to play it at Metahugh's and thought it was pretty awesome. I enjoyed Spiderman more, but it was still awesome.

#27 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

That's strange, because TF IS a slower adventure game. To actually get through and complete all 8 modes, 2 multiballs, mini wiz and wiz - that is going to be as long as most LOTR games.

I must suck at it, as my game times are a good 1 min less than IM or Tron. I find the multiballs fast paced and a bit crazy at times. Plus that music with blinking GI to the beat really throws me for a loop

#28 11 years ago
    Quoted from pinballslave:

Now that would be an offer I couldn't refuse!! I did write to Stern sending them the same pics I posted here, but didn't hear back...

Really? Did you call them too? I was able to get a complete replacement set & a set of replacement plastics.

#29 11 years ago
    Quoted from Benaar:

Really? Did you call them too? I was able to get a complete replacement set & a set of replacement plastics.

I live in Europe and bought mine from a distributor in Holland... maybe it makes a difference in their customer support...?? When you wrote to them did you send them a copy of your invoice and/or warrenty stuff, or state the model number? I just stated my number because I seem to have misplaced my invoice...

#30 11 years ago

Bought my TF Decepticon late in the summer when the prices were bottomed. I couldnt understand the hate for it because I played a Pro earlier in the year and loved it.

Looking forward to the updated code at Christmas.

Congrats on your new game.

Add some FF speakers to it. It makes it even a whole lot better!

#31 11 years ago
    Quoted from Benaar:

Score on the plastics. Seen a set and they wanted $300 for them. I really want to get a set as a spare but not at $300. Gladdy would have paid $200. If you want to sell that spare I'm a buyer

#32 11 years ago

Trent told me that the reason the TF plastics are so expensive is because it includes all the parts of the ramps that are plastic. While that makes sense, in terms of the definition of 'plastic', it doesn't align with what most of use desire/expect.

sigh.

Quoted from ronlisa:

Add some FF speakers to it. It makes it even a whole lot better

+1

Hook the pin to an external sub and prepare yourself to be blown away.

#33 11 years ago

Traded my lotr for a TFLE combo (with FF full upgrade) just this past Saturday. Good trade, I needed something new and more modern.

The game is out of hand! Almost think there's too much going on at times, but the more I play it the more my brain and reflexes catch up...the game is just fast and in your face. I hate to admit it, but I agree with what some have said..the new machines make games like SM - at least visually in a side to side comparison - look antiquated.

I'll be interested in what the code update brings. Might be the difference between turning it over in 6-12 months or keeping it for years. Now that I've finally traded a machine, I can see myself doing it more regularly. Hell, no game is as good as LOTR, but I love having a new, bitchin' game to play!

#34 11 years ago

one thing i'll say, is that compared to games like IM, Avatar, Tron etc., the latest Sterns - TFLE among them - just seem like a LOT more game. I agree that less can be more...and I'm not sure yet if/how TFLE could be better...but this game is loaded. Haters just wanna hate I guess. Saying this game sucks is ludicrous. And I love the LE over the pro. I've played the pro and like the pro, but it's no contest.

#35 11 years ago

I never tried the Pro.... in fact I never played TF before. Pure gamble on my part (that paid off though)

My only issue with the game is that there's no audit tracking how many times someone selects Autobot or Decepticon at the start

I do need FF speakers, as I think the sound is a bit weak compared to my other Sterns (even RBION sounds deeper and bassier)

#36 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Haters just wanna hate I guess.

Please. There are legitimate critiques and to write us off as "haters" is bullsh*t. If you like the game, that's fine...but don't dismiss absolutely legit critiques. Not many games are flawless.

#37 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Haters just wanna hate I guess.

Really! You took that as an attack? Relax. Fairly positive thread of folks enjoying their games. Its ok to walk away... ; )

#38 11 years ago
    Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

Really! You took that as an attack? Relax. Fairly positive thread of folks enjoying their games. Its ok to walk away... ; )

Not an attack, but dismissal of legitimate critique as though anyone who judges the game poorly is just doing so to be an contrarian. I realize this is a positive thread, and that's why I didn't repeat the list of flaws...if people like the game, that's fantastic - doesn't affect my life at all. However, I'm just saying - those who don't like it - our views aren't based on nothing.

Also, you misquoted me w/ Family Arcade's quote.

#39 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Not an attack, but dismissal of legitimate critique as though anyone who judges the game poorly is just doing so to be an contrarian.

Yeah I get sick of that too. I liked this game a lot at first...but it wears on you.

#40 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

Please. There are legitimate critiques and to write us off as "haters" is bullsh*t. If you like the game, that's fine...but don't dismiss absolutely legit critiques. Not many games are flawless.

ummm....wtf are you talking about greg? I can do a search on pinside and find hundreds of posts just bashing TFLE right and left. Some fairly. some not so fairly... and some just ridiculously stupid...which is what i mean by "hater"...someone ignorant that just doesn't know better making a stupid negative comment. And "TFLE sucks" is a ridiculous comment. I stand by my opinion on that. "TFLE sucks because.... " is not typically ridiculous, because someone is explaining themselves. I may not agree with them, but I'll respect their opinion.

My reference to "haters" was totally general as a statement of some of the trashing this game has gotten. It was not in reference to ANY one or ANY thing posted in this thread...which has basically been a love fest up until your post. I'm surprised you took it the way you did. Did you think I was lumping you in with the "hater" group? I recall you having issues with the game...but not "hating" on it. Dig?

#41 11 years ago

I really want to try this game. Been looking for an autobot version.

#42 11 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

I realize this is a positive thread, and that's why I didn't repeat the list of flaws....

I know there are flaws (I had to deal with some right out of the box).... and I still see some that are pretty bad (i.e. the ball launch launching the ball into the back corner.... whats up with that?), but I think overall its a great game that I am pleasantly surprised about. I figured I would like it, but it does exceed my expectations (keep in mind I love Avatar too )

#43 11 years ago
    Quoted from Max_Badazz:

keep in mind I love Avatar too

Funny you should say this. I have been thinking about looking for an Avatar LE.

#44 11 years ago

BTW, I plan to review all the genuine critiques of the game I've seen, because i'm interested now. As of now I think the game is far from flawless, but I enjoy it more the more I play it, and that's a good sign. It's certainly fun to have in the line-up. When it stops being fun I'll move it out. I'm very curious how the new code will/can impact the game.

#45 11 years ago

Max, does a ball ever not completely go into the megaton trough? I've had it happen 2 times now on slower shots into megatron and had to nudge it during a ball search to get it unstuck. Tilted the first time.

#46 11 years ago

Max, does a ball ever not completely go into the megaton trough? I've had it happen 2 times now on slower shots into megatron and had to Nudge it during a ball search to get it unstuck. Tilted the first time.

Yes that is a major issue or common problem. Optimus not registering hits is another.

#47 11 years ago

Everyone seems to make an "omg I'm loving (xxx game they've had for two days)" thread, to be followed by the inevitable for sale thread a few weeks later.

#48 11 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Yes that is a major issue or common problem. Optimus not registering hits is another.

So far I've experienced no issues nutting Optimus. Love that shot and it works fine for me. had the ball get stuck once in upper right hand corner of machine at top of ball launch...not sure if it happened during a MB auto plunge or a loop shot.

Aside from my freaking Allspark cube literally falling off it's fitting (anyone experience this?) he thing feels as if it's built like a tank. All the shots feel totally locked in. I like the way an accurate shot feels.

Does the Allspark left kick out need protection? Cliffy doesn't make anything for it.

#49 11 years ago
    Quoted from ButtonMash:

Everyone seems to make an "omg I'm loving (xxx game they've had for two days)" thread, to be followed by the inevitable for sale thread a few weeks later.

Everyone? How many Pinsiders are there?

#50 11 years ago

Aside from my freaking Allspark cube literally falling off it's fitting (anyone experience this?) blockquote>

That's a new one. Did the mount break, the screw come out that holds it down or the allspark actually come apart?

There are 61 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/omg-i-love-transformers-le and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.