Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 4 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 4 years ago by fireball2
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 4 years ago

OK, I f'ed up. I just got my Devil Riders working beauty, but I needed a slight eos adjustment on the left flipper. I was a bonehead and didn't shut it off (it was in the middle of a game), and of course I shorted something at that point, and the machine went half dark. I checked fuses (all good) and cursed for awhile and then rebooted. It turned on in attract mode with 32 credits, but won't start a game. I try the toggle switch to go through the tests and it works upward only! It won't come back down. So I check displays, insert lights and solenoids... all good. But since I can't back down to 1 and try again, I shut it off and turn it back on. Again, we're in attract mode with 32 credits. Again will not start a game. This time tho, the toggle doesn't work in either direction?! So I try the service button. It resets all the coils, kicks out a ball lie it's going to start a game, and goes half dark. No game. But in a few seconds it goes to test mode and runs through the display test and and sometimes if I press the service button again, it will go to coil test.

This post was originally going to be about how stoked I was with this fine machine and tell the story of how it got here... but now...

Help!

Edit: This looks grim. It looks like I fried the switch matrix, huh? Anybody have a Zaccaria Gen 2 mpu for sale?

#2 4 years ago

Ok... classic Zaccaria Noob error. Looks like I fried the ca3081 chip (at least.)
Dagnabbit!

#3 4 years ago

I was about to suggest a chip was fried. My baby Pac had the same issue with nonsense inputs and switches randomly working.

#4 4 years ago

Yup, fried 3081 probably. Marco has some NOS originals, or I just did a run of transistor boards that also work in place of 3081’s.

Chances are extremely good the board is perfectly repairable. Dave Gersic at Zaccaria-Pinball.com does offer repair work.
Will be much cheaper than a replacement board.

-Hans

#5 4 years ago

If you did fry the board , send me a PM, have both MPU and driver boards for a Gen2

#6 4 years ago

Thanks guys! Chips and sockets ordered for the 3081 and the 4028 just in case. Gotta local pinhead bromigo gonna install this weekend. If I fried more than that (doubtful but possible), I'll be looking for Dave G.

Hans, are those like the ones barakandl came up with awhile back?

Thanks again... and lesson learned. It's my first Zaccaria!

mark

#7 4 years ago
Quoted from fireball2:

Hans, are those like the ones barakandl came up with awhile back?

Extremely similar. Only real difference is I made mine with the SMT version of the 2N4401 instead of the thru-hole.
It let me get closer to the size of the original IC.

-Hans

#8 4 years ago
Quoted from HHaase:

It let me get closer to the size of the original IC.

Nice!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.00
Tools
PinballSolutions.eu

$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/omg-i-f-ed-up-my-new-devil-riders and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.