You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B4AFD2C6-C092-4F84-9A79-1311A640E8DD (resized).jpeg
7067012-3x2-940x627_(resized).png
00x0x_cKqpynalt74_600x450_(resized).jpg
9K-funhouse_(resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider azpinguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 8 years ago

I get some enjoyment out of watching the Ebay machines area. I don't play the lottery, but I scan the latest auctions looking for that deal of a lifetime. (probably never going to happen I know) So I also enjoy the sellers who subscribe to the fair market value +$1500 pricing model. Oh and they make sure they only include 4 pictures from 6 feet away. (left side, right side, playfield with glass on, and back box...) I'm not knocking Ebay, I purchased my awesome TZ on there 16 years ago... for $2500... *a lot of $$$ at the time*

So I was scanning the other day enjoying the $5100 warterworld (with LEDs) and the $3500 rescue 911. We all have to love the user "fun... Imagine my surprise when I saw a very nice funhouse for $9000. It was a real shocker when it SOLD!

ebay.com link: Fun House Restored Pinball Machine New Play field and Plastics

I wonder sometimes who buys these machines. I know if you wanted a funhouse and price was irrelevant... But come on!

Anyway post your thoughts or share your own amusing Ebay finds!
-Shawn
Nice flipper alignment BTW.

9K-funhouse_(resized).jpg9K-funhouse_(resized).jpg

#10 8 years ago
Quoted from ArcadiusMaximus:

Craigslisters really need to be introduced to ebay's "filter by sold" function. Then subtract the fees PayPal and eBay take from the sale. I can list a flip flop for $15,000. Doesn't mean that's what it's worth. Why is this so hard to understand?

I have become pretty tired of the "well they sell for $4500 on ebay" BS (when standing in front of a TOM a couple of years ago at a craigslist sellers house with $2500 cash in my hand). The seller had received several higher "offers" via email (that required shipping) and was attempting to raise the price to $4K. I walked as I'm a player/collector not a flipper. I guess some local guy purchased it ultimately (I assume for less than $4k), as it was back on craigslist a week later for $4k with a different address... And this is the best part... He didn't even fix the broken trunk! I tell people if you want Ebay prices list it on ebay. Craigslist seems to be mostly informed buyers that are looking for a deal!
-S

2 weeks later
#33 8 years ago

$800 for a zizzle with 6 days to go? Got to be a scam or bidders messing with the seller. Or am I missing the boat on zizzle prices???

ebay.com link: Pirates of the caribbean zizzle pinball machine
-Shawn

#43 8 years ago

Not so sure I like the white powder coating on that Wh2o. I think I have seen pictures of this collectors game room, and I think he does this to all of his games in different colors. It is surely a personal mod, and it doesn't add value to me. Much like a locally re-themed HS2 that was done with a local racing team theme. That didn't add value, I almost purchased it, but I didn't think it would ever be worth more than $2k. And they were asking more...
-S

1 week later
#45 7 years ago

ebay.com link: 1990 Bally Dr Dude and His Excellent Ray PINBALL ARCADE Machine

Owned a DD several years ago. This is a truly crazy price. Plus both slingshot plastics broken, wear around the magnet, and missing Big Shot figure... Impressive. At least it is the WPC version based on the left ramp...
-S

Forgot to mention that his FH is a "deal" by comparison at $5500...
ebay.com link: 1990 Williams FUNHOUSE PINBALL ARCADE Machine Rudys Hideout

#48 7 years ago

$8K AF HUO. Relisted. Can't believe it didn't sell last time! Sold by an OP... (Who does seem to have the market cornered on 1977 Sub Hunter Arcade games!) Only one picture from 10 feet away... No Shipping... I'll take it!
ebay.com link: ADDAMS FAMILY PINBALL MACHINE HOME USE ONLY

#53 7 years ago

Exactly. I don't have a problem with retail pricing. If fact that CP that fun! has listed on Ebay was the inspiration for "pins that seem to have fallen from favor". (it is $4k BIN and the other one is in the market for just a bit more...) I don't seek it out or want to pay retail, but I know there is a market for turnkey restored pins. What I do think sucks is when people who want to nothing but flip (pins or anything else for that matter) for a quick profit see those prices, and think the pin the picked up cheap on CL should now be listed on Ebay for the same price. And they ask retail prices for AS-IS pins with broken and missing parts.

3 weeks later
#60 7 years ago

ebay.com link: pinballmania2000

Not sure if this is a pinsider cashing out but all I have to say is Wow...

I guess this is a free bump for pinsider RSSS...

Have these games *(AC/DC - Metallica) honestly doubled in value in the 3 years?
I guess we all missed the "Big after Christmas sale" when the metallica was only $9k, and MB and AC/DC were $11.7K 4 months ago...
-S

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-metallica-premiumle-stern-2013-2022
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-acdc-premiumle-stern-2012-2021
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-monster-bash-williams-1998-2010

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.50
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 29.95
5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Haledon, NJ
2,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider azpinguy.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/omg-crazy-ebay-sellers-and-buyers?tu=azpinguy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.