You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

B4AFD2C6-C092-4F84-9A79-1311A640E8DD (resized).jpeg
7067012-3x2-940x627_(resized).png
00x0x_cKqpynalt74_600x450_(resized).jpg
9K-funhouse_(resized).jpg
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 7 years ago

I work for FUN! and have for going on almost 9 months now. I love it, what better job can you have then working for a company that does what hobby you are passionate about. My position here is Sales Manager. My day to day operations consist of assisting walk in clients with their game purchases, answering phone and e-mail inquiries about games. Directing our team (listed below) as to what machine to get ready next for the showroom floor or what needs to get finished up as it has been sold. I am also in charge of ordering replacement parts from the various suppliers (PBR, Marco, Bay Area, Cointaker, Comet, etc). In addition to ordering pinball & arcade parts. I also purchase all billiard supplies for our showroom as well. Needless to say, with over 150 games on our showroom floor at all times....we all stay pretty busy here.

I know buyers that have had issues with FUN! In the past, but I believe that was a long time ago well before the staff we have working for us now. We have an awesome technician that works full time along with myself and he is well respected in the hobby in the DFW area by how thorough he is. No machine goes out our door until Erron has given it his thorough going through. On top of that we have 4 full time detailers that I must say...do a more thorough job of shopping a game out then I ever have. I'm impressed with the quality of work each of them do. They are amazing.

As for our prices. Let me say there is a big difference between collector pricing and retail pricing and we know it full well. Yes our prices to the collector market may seem high. But we have plenty of retail customers that are happy to purchase from a retail store as they know they are purchasing from a reputable company that is going to support them during and after the sale. It's all about giving the customer piece of mind. We turn a lot of equipment through EBay and have to many happy customers, we value our feedback and try to make every customer happy with their purchase. Rest assured there is no bid shilling...we do sell MANY of our machines through Ebay at the Buy it Now price in that same regard we do sell many that customers that "make an offer". Typically on any given day we have on average 5-10 open orders for games for customers.

Anyone interested in any of our machine is more than welcome to make an offer and I will be more than happy to answer questions about any machine we have over email or phone. I want you to be happy with your purchase, bottom line.

#52 7 years ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Yes our prices to the collector market may seem high. But we have plenty of retail customers that are happy to purchase from a retail store as they know they are purchasing from a reputable company that is going to support them during and after the sale. It's all about giving the customer piece of mind. We turn a lot of equipment through EBay and have to many happy customers, we value our feedback and try to make every customer happy with their purchase.

This is a whole hella different than "Joe Anonymous" Ebayer listing his game at a over-the-top high price because he has seen it on Ebay for a retailer asking price (which it may or may not actually sell at)

#53 7 years ago

Exactly. I don't have a problem with retail pricing. If fact that CP that fun! has listed on Ebay was the inspiration for "pins that seem to have fallen from favor". (it is $4k BIN and the other one is in the market for just a bit more...) I don't seek it out or want to pay retail, but I know there is a market for turnkey restored pins. What I do think sucks is when people who want to nothing but flip (pins or anything else for that matter) for a quick profit see those prices, and think the pin the picked up cheap on CL should now be listed on Ebay for the same price. And they ask retail prices for AS-IS pins with broken and missing parts.

#54 7 years ago
Quoted from azpinguy:

And they ask retail prices for AS-IS pins with broken and missing parts.

Sometimes, they even ask HEP/restored prices

#55 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

This is a misconception of value, time, and cost. LEDs do not make game worth that additional value proprogated by the newest generation of collectors. Spending 6 hours color sharting playfields is a personal choice. Just like powdercoating and mods. People expect to get their money back from these purchases. There is going to eventually be a wake up call for some, but let the roulette wheel ride for now.
If someone spends 2000+ hours restoring a game, it does make the game worth $8k more either.
Collectors can ask whatever they want in price, but does not mean someone will buy the machine.
In my region there has been an F-14 Tomcat (condition looked superb) sitting on CL for $2500+ for nearly a month because the owner thinks LEDs and Pin Blades justify the cost. Nobody accepted, and his price continues to deflate as reality level is beginning to be achieved. Many offered a fair price ($1800-2000), and he continued to be "insulted"?
There is a metric ton of ridiculous misconceptions that continue to be continuously reinforced without justification in this hobby, just like using Ebay as a price guide.
If owner's choose to arbitrary inflated their own prices, no problem.
Its like a shotgun to the face when they go to buy their next pinball machine for themselves.
People just do not realize what I have presented in past posts as some type of "price police" comments.
It is just a misunderstanding of interpretation.
Most older collectors are watching back and either shaking their heads, laughing, or both.
I am talking a lot of people, not just a few here and there.
Another example is listed below, but if you just do a google search, you can find as many examples as your heart's desire.
This "pimped out" WH2O is not worth $8k and was completely ruined.
It looks like a floating iceberg to me.
I will let readers surmise why the think the owner believed the game was worth this much.
00x0x_cKqpynalt74_600x450_(resized).jpg

all TRUE. and that WH20 is worth less just for the fact that colored LED's were used for GI's.Now someone that knows what they are doing is going to have to back and change them all the white like they should be.

#56 7 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

I just get ticked off at the quick flips that are obviously not pinball hobbyists, who buy a game local just because they are quick and then post it up with a ridiculous high price on EBay or CL shortly afterwards, and it just sits out there. This has an impact that ripples through the hobby: Folks with a proper budget for a *fairly* priced game are now shut off from that title, since not only can't they get that particular flip, but then others see the asking price and expect more - so they raise theirs.
Sellers with the same game or have deep pockets will scoff that it's no problem, that they should be able to sell at whatever they want. The small budget hobbyist that is a potential buyer is the one that gets frustrated.

This has been going on since the late 80s. The difference now it is more visible and more prevalent due to ease of "exposure". In the long term, most get run out of the hobby, or eventually get burned and quit. They are unfortunately replaced by another short term set of sellers, and the cycle continues. The only thing that helps slow them down was lack of availability of machines that can "turned" for larger profits(ie later model SS used games). They generally won't touch games made before 1978.

#57 7 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

In the long term, most get run out of the hobby, or eventually get burned and quit.

I'm also saying that many of these folks are not even in the hobby, that the pinball machine is just another "commodity" in the pile of stuff for sale. In some cases it is only pins being bought and sold, but often the pins are just a part of the pile of antiques being turned for profit...the pin sits along side vids, jukes, signs, vending machines or just about anything. There's no respect for the hobby of pinball, for them the hobby is really just buying and selling.

7067012-3x2-940x627_(resized).png7067012-3x2-940x627_(resized).png

#58 7 years ago
Quoted from wayout440:

I'm also saying that many of these folks are not even in the hobby, that the pinball machine is just another "commodity" in the pile of stuff for sale. In some cases it is only pins being bought and sold, but often the pins are just a part of the pile of antiques being turned for profit...the pin sits along side vids, jukes, signs, vending machines or just about anything. There's no respect for the hobby of pinball, for them the hobby is really just buying and selling.

This is also another reason why I end up doing "warehouse raids" when some of these hoarders (not exclusively brokers) finally pass on.
They won't sell except at horribly inflated prices (literally $$$ THOUSANDS), and by the time they do, the machines are complete junk and worthless due to improper storage, moisture, rodents, and insects. Sometimes all of this and more.
The only machines that look worse are those stored in barns or in cow pastures with the glass off.
American Pickers is much better than these situations, and the games are stacked to the ceiling with no ability to even know what is the room.

Normally, I "harvest" machines for parts, backglasses, boards, and occasionally playfields cheaply in these cases, and then try to salvage another game if feasible, but its just a losing battle these days. You need a gigantic climate controlled warehouse to keep everything secured with pallets, crates, cardboard, and stretch wrap. I don't want to do this anymore, and my time is not free.

One of my taglines to reference here is:
"If you do not know how to fix or restore a game, pass it onto someone else, don't take dump squat on it, and let it turn into a turd."

1 week later
#59 7 years ago

ebay.com link: itm

This is a machine I'd love to have, but not at $2000. It's a little out of my driving range, but I would be willing to if I could get it for $500. Asked the seller if the machine works since none of the photos show it powered up. No response. At least the third time it's been listed at this price.

#60 7 years ago

ebay.com link: pinballmania2000

Not sure if this is a pinsider cashing out but all I have to say is Wow...

I guess this is a free bump for pinsider RSSS...

Have these games *(AC/DC - Metallica) honestly doubled in value in the 3 years?
I guess we all missed the "Big after Christmas sale" when the metallica was only $9k, and MB and AC/DC were $11.7K 4 months ago...
-S

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-metallica-premiumle-stern-2013-2022
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-acdc-premiumle-stern-2012-2021
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-monster-bash-williams-1998-2010

#61 7 years ago
Quoted from azpinguy:

ebay.com link
Not sure if this is a pinsider cashing out but all I have to say is Wow...
-S

He thinks "Time to retire, lets cash in " Love ebay

1 year later
#63 6 years ago

Nuts to ebay and craigslist. Between the completely unrealistic pricing, verging on fraudulent descriptions, and the very real possibility of being scammed I'd much rather stay on pinside. Even here there is some ridiculousness and have to be vigilant about scammers but not to the level of those others. Pretty sure most of the dealers just use ebay to drive traffic to their sites off ebay anyway

#64 6 years ago

Ebay used to be great for picking up nice non working project games 10-15 years ago. Today they're almost non-existent. I bought well over a dozen, within reasonable driving distance, early Bally SS & Gottlieb EM's games for $200 - 500. Those days are long over.

#65 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

ebay.com link » King Of Diamonds Retro Pinball Machine 28

SMH

#66 6 years ago

I know this is an older post, but this means next to nothing. The ads are marked as not sold. Wishful thinkers can ask crazy all day long, in the end all that matters is what was the figure that actually changed hands, if at all.

#67 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

ebay.com link » King Of Diamonds Retro Pinball Machine 28

Yea that'll never sell, I just hope he did not pay $15K for that monstrosity new when there's Mission framework w/proc out there!

3 years later
#68 3 years ago

Had to post this. This guy is actually in the business too, probably even on here . If you are interested, I would go with the OBO option.

ebay.com link: Cactus Canyon Pinball Machine Original Bally 1998 w p roc MINT

B4AFD2C6-C092-4F84-9A79-1311A640E8DD (resized).jpegB4AFD2C6-C092-4F84-9A79-1311A640E8DD (resized).jpeg
#69 3 years ago

That’s probably Darren, owner of Pinballz arcade. He traded a Batman 66 (Premium) for a Cactus Canyon a couple years ago. I’m sure 2020 was a tough year for Pinballz as it was for every entertainment venue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Reno, NV
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bethel Park, PA
$ 15.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 45.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 22.50
$ 26.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

3,299 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Port Saint Lucie, FL
$ 1,059.00
Pinball Machine
Mircoplayfields

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 17.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 29.95
$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 170.00
Displays
Digipinball Shop

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
San Martin, CA
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 59.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/omg-crazy-ebay-sellers-and-buyers/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.