Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 15 posts
  • 12 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by MrBally
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 10 years ago

I will be going to Omaha for Labor Day weekend. Besides the Zoo/Aquarium and Bene's Pizza, what else is worth seeing/would be fun for a 3 year old boy?

#2 10 years ago

Train museum? The usual sporting goods stores like Scheel's, Cabela's, Bass Pro's!

#3 10 years ago

West Dodge Expressway if you are in to cool road setups.

#4 10 years ago

SAC bomber museum, if you like airplanes, is one of the best aviation museums in the country. They've got a lot of BIG bombers on display indoors. B-36, B-47, Vulcan, B-29 and a hell of a lot of other planes.

-Hans

#5 10 years ago
    Quoted from HHaase:

SAC bomber museum, if you like airplanes, is one of the best aviation museums in the country. They've got a lot of BIG bombers on display indoors. B-36, B-47, Vulcan, B-29 and a hell of a lot of other planes.
    -Hans

This is neat my son liked it.

#6 10 years ago

Yeah SAC is a must see!

#7 10 years ago

The Omaha Children's Museum is very nice and will keep little kids busy for a while. They do a special display upstairs, and they have tons of things for them to explore and play on. If there is a baseball game at Werner Park, that is also a very family friendly activity. The berm seats are $8 for adults and $1 for kids, and they have some fun stuff inside the park for the kiddos. FYI I have 4 kids, 7, 5, 2, and 7 months. Have a nice trip!

#8 10 years ago

Train museum is a must for him. Will also check out the Bomber museum too. Thanks.

#9 10 years ago

Union Pacific Museum in a former school in Council Bluffs (also where the train museum in a former train station is located) is well done. Look up hours for both as they may be limited for the Holiday week. Also stop at the Golden Spike Monument as well as the overlook where Abraham Lincoln made his proclimation where the railroad should go west. All in Council Bluffs.

#10 10 years ago

How about that Bobby. Bene Pizza is now a tourist spot in Omaha. You made it.

#11 10 years ago

Train museum used to be called the Durham Western Heritage museum, now just called the Durham. Excellent spot.

SAC museum is also great.

Children's museum usually gets really cool traveling exhibits (although I normally like the standard stuff at Lincoln Children's museum better)

Zoo is a given.

Have a great time!

#12 10 years ago

There are a few candy stores in the Old Market - a few blocks/walking distance from the museum. The one on 12th and Jackson even has a couple of Pinballs (Elvis and Tales from the Crypt).

Also in the Old Market, on Howard Street between 12 and 13 is a vintage toy store - my kids love this place. It is huge and everything is very reasonably priced. Its called the Imaginarium. You can get out of here with a bag full of toys for $20.

When you go to the Zoo, there is a memorial to Rosenblatt stadium in the parking lot, where the CWS was played for decades. Let him run around the bases a few times

Have fun

#13 10 years ago

There is a cool train you can ride at the zoo also, take the "round trip"
    If you have never been to the Omaha zoo plan for a big day, it is amazing.

#14 10 years ago

Thanks all. We plan on spending an entire day at the zoo/aquarium. My kid is a train nut so we will definitely ride the train at the zoo, probably a couple of times, and visit the Durham museum. The wife wants to go to the Market and I said I want to eat at Benes. Probably won't have time for SAC but we shall see.

#15 10 years ago

The SAC Museum between Omaha & Lincoln is really cool. A last generation SR-71 Blackbird, B-52, B1 and so many more planes all indoors. A Thor missle outside as you walk in from the parking lot too.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/omaha-visit and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.