• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210806_105005 (resized).jpg
20210806_103859 (resized).jpg
20210805_145536 (resized).jpg
20210726_145412 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12 2 years ago

Simone Biles WTH?

My buddy is coaching some divers for the "Synchronized Diving" event so I'll be looking forward to that.

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

You know their names Law?. I Will root for them!

3M Syncro Dive & Hixon is his diver; Strangely each diver has their own coach.
He'll be the coach w/ the tattoo pumping his arms. I've seen some of the dives but not spoiling anything ,( for myself) till it's on prime Time tonighty

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

3M Syncro Dive & Hixon is his diver...

Silver Medal!!

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

The Olympics seemed more special in the 70s and 80s. I’m not sure why.

Because there was 1/100th the media choices you have now. Try to tell people when I was a kid in the 80s if you stayed up late enough tv channels turned themselves off; look at me like I'm crazy.
Also, this is still Covid life and not a good judge of Olympics but that's just my opinion.

Quoted from Mike_J:

Are today’s Olympic athletes still amateurs? I know that basketball allows NBA players to participate which I don’t believ....

I can see arguments both ways. The problem is, what the heck is a "Professional Pole Vaulter?"
Makes sense basketball men could be college only and you might get a Miracle on Ice and that's great; but then you have have 200 guys sitting around that are better than the players in the Olympics and isn't the point to have the best sportspeople?

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider thelaw.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/olympics-thread-?tu=thelaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.