• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210806_105005 (resized).jpg
20210806_103859 (resized).jpg
20210805_145536 (resized).jpg
20210726_145412 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Vyzer2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:Shame I do not get to watch any Olympic USA coverage without a pkg on cable now. First time ever and I am old enough to remember Nadia Commeneci. My only options are Canadian Broadcasting without paying to stream NBC coverage.

Olympics are great, NBC’s coverage has been horrible.

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

How so? I honestly haven’t had the time to watch so just curious mostly.

Speaking of the prime time coverage last night: Just one example using the women’s gymnastics coverage of the team championships. First, they only show the Americans against the Russians. No coverage of the other teams esp the medal contenders. Then they never show any of the routines of the gymnasts of other teams that won their specific routine (floor, vault, balance beam). They didn’t show the scores of the highest women who will compete against each other in the individual championships. Tonight they show one routine then go to a commercial, show another one or two routines, commercial, etc.. I realize they have to pay the bills but when you cut up the coverage like they are doing, you wind up losing interest.
There are so many other interesting sports going on, they don’t show any highlights of the days events except for a very few. It feels very disjointed. I guess I’m comparing to years past and everyone’s a critic. Hopefully they cover track and field a lot better.

Quoted from topkat:

I’ve enjoyed it all. Nbc has had all
The swimming finals live. That has been exciting for me.
Bobby finke was amazing race tonight

I enjoy it as well. And yes, they have handled swimming better than any of the other sports. I just feel they could have and have done a much better job in the past.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Silver Medal!!

Congratulations The Law. Hixon and Capobianco were excellent.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Vyzer2.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/olympics-thread-?tu=Vyzer2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.