• Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20210806_105005 (resized).jpg
20210806_103859 (resized).jpg
20210805_145536 (resized).jpg
20210726_145412 (resized).jpg
There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 2 years ago

Do you watch the Olympic games? I do as much as possible and look forward to both the summer and winter games. Tokyo has been fascinating, from the sombre opening to the empty seats. Unbelievable human emotion and must watch TV imo.

#2 2 years ago

There is a girl (Ava Stewart) from my hometown (Lebanon, TN) representing Canada in gymnastics this year.

#3 2 years ago

Nope. who cares.

#4 2 years ago

I do and I'm sure you don't care.

#5 2 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

There is a girl (Ava Stewart) from my hometown (Lebanon, TN) representing Canada in gymnastics this year.

GO Ava!!!

#6 2 years ago

I hate how commercial they are now and how the IOC seems pretty shady but I do love the stories of each individual competing.

Bud Greenspan captured the spirit of the Olympics better than anyone with his series of documentaries. Highly recommend them if you’re into this stuff.

Also is there an Olympic pinball? Maybe an old EM? I can’t think of one…

#7 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

I hate how commercial they are now and how the IOC seems pretty shady but I do love the stories of each individual competing.
Bud Greenspan captured the spirit of the Olympics better than anyone with his series of documentaries. Highly recommend them if you’re into this stuff.

Yes, there is actually. Gottlieb The Games
https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/games

Pretty fun too, I might add. I'm sure there are others.

#8 2 years ago

Congrats Maggie! Women's gold -
butterfly swimming!

20210726_145412 (resized).jpg20210726_145412 (resized).jpg
#9 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I do and I'm sure you don't care.

Why?

#10 2 years ago

Good point .

#11 2 years ago

Simone Biles is a true champion how she rallied around her teammates and her replacement gymnast did amazing!

#12 2 years ago

Simone Biles WTH?

My buddy is coaching some divers for the "Synchronized Diving" event so I'll be looking forward to that.

#13 2 years ago

You know their names Law?. I Will root for them!

#14 2 years ago

Simone Biles WTH?
Never misses that vault since Jr team. Hope she's all right .

#15 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

You know their names Law?. I Will root for them!

3M Syncro Dive & Hixon is his diver; Strangely each diver has their own coach.
He'll be the coach w/ the tattoo pumping his arms. I've seen some of the dives but not spoiling anything ,( for myself) till it's on prime Time tonighty

#16 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Simone Biles WTH?

Sounds like she up and quit.

#17 2 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Sounds like she up and quit.

She did and will regret it the rest of her life i feel. To train your ass off and quit on the grandest stage is not going to sit well with her mentally if shes saying the pressure got to her mentally and made it unsafe to her to compete wait till shes alittle older and thinks back on this. I do feel for her and whats happen to her in the past and she is still the GOAT. Wife and I watched her in comparision to who i thought was one of the best ever, Shawn Johnson and Simone is alot better when shes on.

#18 2 years ago

One of my favourite matches live has been the Women's 3 on 3 basketball US vs. ROC for Gold.

#19 2 years ago

Shame I do not get to watch any Olympic USA coverage without a pkg on cable now. First time ever and I am old enough to remember Nadia Commeneci. My only options are Canadian Broadcasting without paying to stream NBC coverage.

#20 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:Shame I do not get to watch any Olympic USA coverage without a pkg on cable now. First time ever and I am old enough to remember Nadia Commeneci. My only options are Canadian Broadcasting without paying to stream NBC coverage.

Olympics are great, NBC’s coverage has been horrible.

#21 2 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

, NBC’s coverage has been horrible.

How so? I honestly haven’t had the time to watch so just curious mostly.

#22 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

3M Syncro Dive & Hixon is his diver...

Silver Medal!!

#23 2 years ago

I’ve enjoyed it all. Nbc has had all
The swimming finals live. That has been exciting for me.
Bobby finke was amazing race tonight

#24 2 years ago
Quoted from EJS:

How so? I honestly haven’t had the time to watch so just curious mostly.

Speaking of the prime time coverage last night: Just one example using the women’s gymnastics coverage of the team championships. First, they only show the Americans against the Russians. No coverage of the other teams esp the medal contenders. Then they never show any of the routines of the gymnasts of other teams that won their specific routine (floor, vault, balance beam). They didn’t show the scores of the highest women who will compete against each other in the individual championships. Tonight they show one routine then go to a commercial, show another one or two routines, commercial, etc.. I realize they have to pay the bills but when you cut up the coverage like they are doing, you wind up losing interest.
There are so many other interesting sports going on, they don’t show any highlights of the days events except for a very few. It feels very disjointed. I guess I’m comparing to years past and everyone’s a critic. Hopefully they cover track and field a lot better.

Quoted from topkat:

I’ve enjoyed it all. Nbc has had all
The swimming finals live. That has been exciting for me.
Bobby finke was amazing race tonight

I enjoy it as well. And yes, they have handled swimming better than any of the other sports. I just feel they could have and have done a much better job in the past.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Silver Medal!!

Congratulations The Law. Hixon and Capobianco were excellent.

#25 2 years ago
Quoted from Vyzer2:

It feels very disjointed

Alright I watched some tonight mostly had it on in the background but did pay attention for a good 45 minutes or so and have to agree. I felt like they had their focus away from what should have been viewed. I mean since I’m in the US I get they want to focus on those teams but let’s see the champs too!

World records were set and didn’t even see their reaction.

#26 2 years ago

Good to see BMX racing at the Olympics!

Alise Willoughby USA will easily win the Women’s Gold. She’s in a class all by herself.

...as for the Men,
Connor Fields USA is the defending Gold medalist and is the betting favorite. He will be pushed by Joris Daudet FRA, the current USABMX points leader, just ahead of Fields (1995 to 1911).
The NED team of Niek Kimmann and Twan van Gendt will both be pushing hard for a podium finish.
Corbin Sharrah USA will also be in the hunt for a medal.

#27 2 years ago

The Olympics seemed more special in the 70s and 80s. I’m not sure why.
Are today’s Olympic athletes still amateurs? I know that basketball allows NBA players to participate which I don’t believe is a good thing.

#28 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Because there was 1/100th the media choices you have now. Try to tell people when I was a kid in the 80s if you stayed up late enough tv channels turned themselves off; look at me like I'm crazy.
Also, this is still Covid life and not a good judge of Olympics but that's just my opinion.

Quoted from Mike_J:

Are today’s Olympic athletes still amateurs? I know that basketball allows NBA players to participate which I don’t believ....

I can see arguments both ways. The problem is, what the heck is a "Professional Pole Vaulter?"
Makes sense basketball men could be college only and you might get a Miracle on Ice and that's great; but then you have have 200 guys sitting around that are better than the players in the Olympics and isn't the point to have the best sportspeople?

#29 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

https://pinside.com/pinball/machine/olympic-hockey

#30 2 years ago

At the peak of covid when the news was broadcasted from some of the peoples homes, a sportscaster did his segment from his basement and had one of these in the background

#31 2 years ago
Quoted from FlippyD:

Maybe an old EM? I can’t think of one…

I almost had a chance to buy GTB Olympics it’s a wedgehead. I think there were two different variants with a certain country being swapped out.

#32 2 years ago

For all you Olympians out there in Pinside land....Here is a Gottlieb The Games for sale!!!

Machine - For Sale
Games, the Archived
Partially shopped/refurbished - “Up for sale is a 1984 The Games. It’s a title you don’t see come up often. This game was recently removed from storage and gone through to get clean and working. Everything ...”
2021-10-05
Keene, NH
1,250 (OBO)
Archived after: 42 days
Viewed: 604 times

#33 2 years ago

My son is getting married tomorrow! Go for gold all our friends from around the world!

#34 2 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Are today’s Olympic athletes still amateurs? I know that basketball allows NBA players to participate which I don’t believe is a good thing.

Thats because they were every 4 years then with winter and summer combined until the early 90s.

#35 2 years ago

I wish the participants would leave all the protest/political crap at the door and just concentrate on the games. Really takes any little interest out of it for me.

#37 2 years ago

I like watching the less popular events: table tennis, badminton, javelin, high jump, shot-put, pole vaulting, curling, etc. Watching table tennis now.

The 100 meter race is a display of raw power.

#38 2 years ago

Yikes so don’t bite into them anymore!

Not that I’ll ever have to worry about that.

#39 2 years ago

Walking to the beer store then settle in and watch Olympics. Perdita Felician has been amazing for CBC coverage . What a wonderful Canadian.
Makes me proud. Andre De Grasse Best of Luck!

#40 2 years ago

My favourite Canadian Olympian of all time is Clara Hughes.

#41 2 years ago

man I love the olympics

#42 2 years ago
Quoted from kevmad:

I like watching the less popular events: table tennis, badminton, javelin, high jump, shot-put, pole vaulting, curling, etc. Watching table tennis now.
The 100 meter race is a display of raw power.

I would watch women's 3 on 3 basketball all day long. Prob my fav new Olympic sport. What happened to rhythmic gymnastics with the hoops and ribbons? I was Looking forward to watching this year.

#43 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

Walking to the beer store then settle in and watch Olympics. Perdita Felician has been amazing for CBC coverage . What a wonderful Canadian.
Makes me proud. Andre De Grasse Best of Luck!

He looked good in the relay as well
The Usa relay had some really poor exchanges with the baton...hate to see that for any team

#44 2 years ago

Warner in decath was another impressive performance.
They said his long jump portion would have medaled in the individual event

#45 2 years ago

Incredible. 14 yr old Chinese diver scores 2 perfect 10s

20210805_145536 (resized).jpg20210805_145536 (resized).jpg
#46 2 years ago

Best performance ever seen ...another 10 on final dive by this young Lady. Never seen that aside from Nadia.

#47 2 years ago
Quoted from topkat:

Warner in decath was another impressive performance.
They said his long jump portion would have medaled in the individual event

He was amazing and I liked the comradarie afterwards amongst the Finalists including the Women decathaletes joining in the celebration.
Waiting for cdn women's soccer Final.

#48 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

I would watch women's 3 on 3 basketball all day long. Prob my fav new Olympic sport. What happened to rhythmic gymnastics with the hoops and ribbons? I was Looking forward to watching this year.

I flew a guy from the men's team into and out of a small reserve in Northern Ontario 3 years ago. Super friendly, excited to show the kids some of his tricks. Too bad the team didn't get too far. I was rooting for them.

#49 2 years ago

CONGRATS CANADIAN WOMEN'S SOCCER GOLD MEDALISTS!!!. What a Final to watch live.

20210806_103859 (resized).jpg20210806_103859 (resized).jpg

20210806_105005 (resized).jpg20210806_105005 (resized).jpg

#50 2 years ago
Quoted from cdnpinbacon:

CONGRATS CANADIAN WOMEN'S GOLD MEDALISTS!!!. What a Final to watch live.
[quoted image]

It was so amazing, really felt like a changing of the guard as Sinclair hands the team over to the new generation.

There are 54 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/olympics-thread-/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.