IMG_1757 (resized).JPG
IMG_1756 (resized).JPG
IMG_1755 (resized).JPG
IMG_6174 (resized).JPG
IMG_6173 (resized).JPG
IMG_1723 (resized).JPG
2017-09-20 19.11.08A (resized).jpg
DSCN8509 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdonovan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 6 years ago

A few fun and fast 2 player game, very complex and picky when it comes to adjustments IMHO!!

Make sure the puck mech board is centered correctly (there is 2 screws to allow rotation) and contacts clean and the player ball unit was a trouble spot on mine too. Reliable now but took some doing to get it there.

Anyone have a decent backglass for sale? Mine is in tatters.

DSCN8509 (resized).JPGDSCN8509 (resized).JPG

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballman3:

Thanks for the replies. It will be Wednesday before i can get back at it. gdonovan where are these 2 screws for adjustment?

Under the reel the puck tape is on. You can remove the 7/16's nut to take reel off and loosen the 2 screws. Sometimes you can just grab the PCB and tweak it one direction or the other.

When in the center position the "first" light should be lit on the playfield indicator rollovers. Some times tweaking back and forth will be required.

#8 6 years ago
Quoted from Heatbag:

I got a quote from this place but, they are not silk screened and are not cheap. $245 plus shipping. I will probably get one, and attempt to the restore the one I have ( I have two machines).
Good luck!
http://bgresto.com/

I'm aware and have been in contact with them, can't justify spending that on a slightly beat up and well worn pin at this time.

#9 6 years ago

Picture with arrow added.

2017-09-20 19.11.08A (resized).jpg2017-09-20 19.11.08A (resized).jpg

#11 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballman3:

Ok i will try this Wensday. I have had that nut off and the unit apart and cleaned the PCB with 1000 grit wet dry paper and alcohol. Then i put a light coat of super lube on PCB. So you are saying there are 2 nuts under there once you take the 7/16 nut off and the reel off. You can loosen them and turn the PCB some to adjust it?

No, there is two screws on the top, under the reel. Taking the reel off is the only way to access them. Loosening them will allow you to rotate the PCB disc left to right to center the unit.

Note that centering the puck on the backglass and centering the unit electrically are two separate adjustments. Do electrically first, then worry about the puck after.

#13 6 years ago
Quoted from RacingPin:

Not sure if this one is better than yours but you can have it for free if local or you pay pack/ship

This is from a parts machine so if you need other items let me know
Thanks
Mike V

Appreciate the offer, looks more or less the same condition as the one I have though.

#15 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballman3:

Ok i have adjusted the pcb to get the puck reset working. The problem is i can not get the lights on playfield corresponding to puck location to work. I had them working once. I turned machine off. When i turned it back on and started a game the playfield lights did not work. I cannot get any of the lights to light now. Is there something else besides the puck unit that could keep the lights from working? Thanks

Check to make sure there is no broken wire to the puck unit or a bent/dirty finger contact.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 12.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints
Tools
Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist
Protection
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist
Other
$ 26.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
BomberMods
Shooter rods
$ 375.00
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider gdonovan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/olympic-hockey?tu=gdonovan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.