(Topic ID: 325070)

Olympic Hockey puck not always returning to center ice

By PoBoyPinball

1 year ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

#1 1 year ago

Working on a Olympic Hockey and I have an issue were player 1 doesn't always return the puck to center ice. Mostly happens when goal is made and then you hit the switch that will bring it back to center. Sometimes also happens on a drain. It is not consistent doesn't always stop in the same wrong spot. Sometimes does reset and goes to center ice.

Player 2 works perfect.

I know that the advance unit is going both left and right one way for one payer the other way for the other player then reverse to reset. I think the advance unit should have a Zero position (center) and I'm surprised when this happens it doesn't keep firing the coils to get to Zero.

Help a little stumped on this one.

#2 1 year ago

The rollovers on the playfield also reset to the first position when this happens?

Very cool game.

#3 1 year ago

I found this basically same issue
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/williams-olympic-hockey-inconsistent-advance-reset

Using it to help me but my problem seem to have went away. Also found some more info in the manual. So hopefully I’ll get this cleared up.

#4 1 year ago

Clean the stepper that drives the puck. It's probably gummed up a bit, and preventing it from returning to center. When this happens the score motor will continue to run until the puck eventually hits center.

-Paul

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.00
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/olympic-hockey-puck-not-always-returning-to-center-ice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.