1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 20 posts
  • 10 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Methos
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

There have been 7 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

A Gold US Women (resized).jpg
    gold Keken & Jessie (resized).jpg
    gold jessie diggins (resized).jpg
    aTessa Virtue (resized).jpg
    A 13 Gold (resized).jpg
    Curling (resized).jpg
    A Gold (resized).jpg

#1 1 year ago

Oh Canada!

Just finished watching that hottie Virtue and her partner Moir take home the gold while the crybaby Frenchies sat there and pouted about the silver medal.

Love it!

#2 1 year ago

How is a country like Norway of 5 million people crushing the rest of the world in the Olympics? That's awesome.

#3 1 year ago

I had the honor of hosting Norwegian exchange student in my parents home back in 1994. They are hard but kind people my type of people. What ever you do don't put one on a lawn mower they don't know the difference between grass and tree(he ran one over with my parents mower). We also had to take him snipe hunting...bahaha. Left him up in a deer stand for two hours(he was pissed). We sent him home with nice snipe hunting trophy(it had a nice wood lathe made baseball under the bird). I hope to visit Norway one day and maybe run into my friend seffien joki.

#4 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

How is a country like Norway of 5 million people crushing the rest of the world in the Olympics? That's awesome.

The same way a country of 4 million crushes everyone at Rugby. They’re good at stuff.

rd

#5 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

The power of PEDs.

#6 1 year ago

I was an Alpine ski racer . I was always a very technical skier ie: Slalom . Tight fast technical turns. I was thrilled to watch Sochi 2014 as Mikaela Shiffrin at age 18 won Gold in Slalom . Well Shiffrin has expanded her Alpine disciplines and now has won Gold in the Giant Slalom in 2018 PyeongChang . Go team USA

A Gold (resized).jpg

#7 1 year ago

I love everything Olympic Summer and Winter .Strategically I like how the Curling event throwing the rocks is a thinking game . One must have the foresight to think two shots ahead and also the finesse to throw the shot and line up all the angles for the win . In addition the team aspect and communication and the history of the game is intriguing. I will admit I only watch the women Curling no surprise there for people that know me .But yes Curling is awesome if you understand the dynamics and fundamentals .

Curling (resized).jpg

#8 1 year ago

Marit Bjoergen at age 37 is my favorite Nordic skier of all time .
    13 Olympic winter metals Amazing .

A 13 Gold (resized).jpg

#9 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

I have been waiting for someone to start an Olympic thread !!! I have not got shit for sleep staying up all night watching all the events .
    Norway best events over the years
    # 1 Nordic: Cross country skiing 40 Gold metals
    #2 Speed skating 25 Gold metals
    # 3 Biathlon 15 Gold metals
    # 4 Nordic combined 13 Gold metals
    # 5 Alpine skiing 10 Gold metals
    # 6 Ski jumping 9 Gold metals
    # 7 Figure skating 3 Gold metals
    # 8 Freestyle skiing 2 Gold metals
    # 9 Curling 1 Gold metal
    Total 118 Gold metals as of Sochi 2014. This total does not include 2018 Pyeongchang

#10 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

Just finished watching that hottie Virtue and her partner Moir take home the gold

Tessa Virtue 2 time Gold !!!

aTessa Virtue (resized).jpg

#12 1 year ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

Sorry, but had a double take at that photo of Tessa. I wondered what the hell that was between her legs. It looks like a (0*k.

#13 1 year ago
    Quoted from RobKnapp:

I know i LOVE her. OMG

An alpine skier? Impressive Rob

I have to say, I wish Shiffrin was competing in the Downhill tonight. I'd love for her to whip Vonn's ass. Have to wait for the combined for that.

Man even the curling was awesome today.

Yes RD, if you are willing to rip a nut sack in Rugby there is no competing against that kind of dedication.

#14 1 year ago

Holy shit finally !!!! A women's metal in Nordic cross country skiing The first ever. And it is " Nordic Gold "
    Women's Team Sprint . Two women for each countries team alternating every two laps .
    The best US sprinters Keken Randle & "Oh so cute" Jessie Diggins . Were the 2 US Nordic skiers .
    Jessie Diggins had the final lap and sprinted home in (third) position to PASS into First place at the line for the GOLD !
    One of the best Nordic races I have ever seen !

gold jessie diggins (resized).jpg

gold Keken & Jessie (resized).jpg

#15 1 year ago

That finish was unbelievable!

US Nordic Gold

Let's go Shiffrin, can Vonn hold on with that lead and Super G next? Gonna be tough

#16 1 year ago
    Quoted from iceman44:

That finish was unbelievable!

iceman44 I guess you and I are the smart pinheads watching the 2018 Winter PyeongChang Olympic Winter Games.
    Women's Hockey: U.S. vs. Canada .
    U.S. women win "GOLD" in 3-2 shoot out over Canada ! 20 years since the U.S. has won a Gold metal . But they did it in 2018 !!

A Gold US Women (resized).jpg

#17 1 year ago

So did anyone watch the early groups for the Women's Figure Skating short program? There was this adorable Hungarian girl who did her skate to an AC/DC medley. Cute punky outfit and lots of feisty energy. Not technically advanced enough to score high, or to get shown on the primetime coverage, but i really hope she keeps it up so we see more of her. Hearing the commenters argue about the musical selection all the way through to the next skater was so amusing.
    I've been quite amused with the costumes of the two main announcers too - blinged out headsets!

#18 1 year ago

Tired today... Stayed up past 3am to watch that hockey gold last night. Well played. Not a fan of shoot outs but that one was pretty exciting.

#19 1 year ago
    Quoted from adania:

So did anyone watch the early groups for the Women's Figure Skating short program? There was this adorable Hungarian girl who did her skate to an AC/DC medley. Cute punky outfit and lots of feisty energy. Not technically advanced enough to score high, or to get shown on the primetime coverage, but i really hope she keeps it up so we see more of her. Hearing the commenters argue about the musical selection all the way through to the next skater was so amusing.
    I've been quite amused with the costumes of the two main announcers too - blinged out headsets!

Ivett TOTH is the Hungarian female figure skater . Ivett is a One women tribute to AC/DC !!
    Thanks for the tip I missed her.
    Hunted her Short program down on YouTube she rocks .

#20 1 year ago

Some wicked spills on the half pipe yesterday. Damn, that has to hurt.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 99.00
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 7.95
    Apparel - Unisex
    Pinball Wheezer
    $ 34.95
    Playfield - Other
    Hookedonpinball.com
    $ 7.50
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Little Shop Of Games
    $ 109.95
    Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
    Pinball Pro
    $ 119.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 25.00
    Cabinet Parts
    Flashinstinct
    $ 26.95
    $ 144.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    The MOD Couple
    £ 45.00
    Lighting - Led
    PinballToys
    $ 58.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 40.00
    Lighting - Backbox
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 89.99
    Lighting - Led
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Magazines/books
    The Flipper Room
    $ 7,995.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 18.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 12.00
    Electronics
    Yorktown Arcade Supply
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside