• Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Olympic-Goblin-flyer-2 (resized).jpg
Olympic-Goblin-flyer1 (resized).jpg

#1 6 years ago

Hi all, I posted this on This Week in Pinball but thought I'd start at thread about it here as well if anyone was interested. A company Phénix Pinball, located in France, recently released a flyer for their upcoming machine called Olympic Goblin. The goal of the machine is a nostalgic retro feel and look. They recently finished their first model, and plan to have pre-orders available very soon with the hope of releasing the first machines by the end of the year.

Here is a link to their Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/phenixpinball/

Olympic-Goblin-flyer1 (resized).jpgOlympic-Goblin-flyer1 (resized).jpg

Olympic-Goblin-flyer-2 (resized).jpgOlympic-Goblin-flyer-2 (resized).jpg

#2 6 years ago

...and they thought Stern's Star Wars playfield was sparse!

#3 6 years ago

1960 called, they want their pf back.

#4 6 years ago

What is that playfield?

Quoted from pin2d:

and plan to have pre-orders available very soon

#5 6 years ago

Another Mystic / Xs and Os clone? Mystic artwork is much better...

They're going to have their hands full dealing with the IOC over trademark issues...

#6 6 years ago

The Olympic Goblin clearly does not target the same market as Stern, or JJP.
The idea is to produce a single pinball machine, in small series but especially at a much more affordable price. It's been a while since the prototype was presented and I played at several shows in France. Since I've known it, there have been many changes, so I will be careful not to criticize a machine that is not completely finished.

Technically, the pinball machine is built with a modified Janin board and a Pinsound. The displays are from Boston Pinball (SYS80 replacement LED - with separate "1" segment). I am not fervent about these choices and I think they would have done better to develop a specific electronics, but it may not be the same cost.

Interesting point is the realization of the playfield. This one is made of PMMA (acrylic glass) and plywood. Quality and sustainability is far superior to what is currently being done.

2 years later
#7 4 years ago

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/olympic-goblin-pinball-machine and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.