(Topic ID: 39991)

Oldest game you've had a high end restore done to?

By TigerLaw

11 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 113 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Vinnypin
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

photo_(16).JPG
photo_(17).JPG
photo_(18).JPG
photo_(19).JPG
photo_(14).JPG
photo_(13).JPG
Magic.JPG
Frontier_NOS.jpg
Frontier_Original_Playfield.jpg
039.JPG
032.JPG
DSCN0683.jpg
IMG-20130215-00123.jpg
IMG-20130215-00122.jpg
There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.
#102 10 years ago

Flash Gordon is one of the deaper feature rich games of the era.

#103 10 years ago
Quoted from CaptainNeo:

that's one sweet ass Sorcerer.

Thanks Neo. I'm really happy with it and appreciate everyone who helped me come to the decision on it!

#104 10 years ago

Stunning. Congrats!

#105 10 years ago

1963 Sweet Hearts
1978 Playboy
1980 Eight Ball Deluxe

#106 10 years ago

tiger, that chrome looks great, very nice machine!
i did a full playboy restoration (i have a thread here on pinside) and that's all i'm missing, chrome baby!

#107 10 years ago

FG, EBD, WW

#108 10 years ago

Tiger, the machine looks awesome, good choice in the decision of the machine. How is the Safe Cracker treating you?

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from wiggy07:

Tiger, the machine looks awesome, good choice in the decision of the machine. How is the Safe Cracker treating you?

Sorry for the slow response. Was traveling this weekend.

The Safe Cracker fits in really well with my collection and I'm enjoying the heck out of it. Great game! I had never played one in an environment where I could hear it . . . I had no idea the call outs were so dirty. Ha!

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

So, my Sorcerer is complete. This thread is old and dead, but figured I'd post some pics in here for those of you that helped me decide on Sorcerer.

Congrats! That looks really nice, would love to see more pics if you get the chance.

How about some specifics on the restoration, like who did the work?

#111 10 years ago

Thanks Rob!

The restoration work was done by Keith Holbrook out of Dallas; I am exceedingly pleased with the work. I picked up the game from Keith yesterday (he was a great host as well when I went to pick up the machine) and set it up today. Plays smooth and fast. The coin door is not chrome but very nicely polished steel, looks similar to chrome.

I will take some more pictures and post them later this week. We all had a good time setting the game up today and putting some plays on it. I think I have the bug for these 80's games now. They are just so different.

#112 10 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Thanks Rob!
The restoration work was done by Keith Holbrook out of Dallas; I am exceedingly pleased with the work. I picked up the game from Keith yesterday (he was a great host as well when I went to pick up the machine) and set it up today. Plays smooth and fast. The coin door is not chrome but very nicely polished steel, looks similar to chrome.
I will take some more pictures and post them later this week. We all had a good time setting the game up today and putting some plays on it. I think I have the bug for these 80's games now. They are just so different.

That's great. Definitely looking forward to seeing more pics.

I've been saying this for awhile now, but I really do need to get a SS pin in my lineup at some point!

2 years later
#113 7 years ago

Wow, that was my game!
Funny, I was just going through some old posts, and going through this thread, started reading Tigerlaw's experience in deciding on and having a Sorcerer pin restored to such a high degree.

Considering how much of a fan I am of this game, I was intrigued, and the more I read, the more I was convinced this was the game his restorer sourced from my collection.

I've actually had about 7 Sorcerers through my hands over the years, and I've literally built two of them from parts I sourced while fixing others.

This was my personal game, and while I had never planned on selling it, as always, situations always change, so when I saw the wanted ad, I figured I'd offer my game up. I have the same pictures sent to me by the restoration artist in my archive, but never knew who "commissioned" it.

Glad you had this done Tigerlaw. It's still one of my favorite games. I currently own the prototype Sorcerer, although it's not set up for play at the moment. That's the only one I have left for now.

This was definitely a game worth doing. So cool to see it again in it's pristine state!
Vinny

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 959.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

5,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
$ 15.00
Hardware
Volcano Pinball

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 179.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Pimp

$ 17.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

Playfield - Other
Hookedonpinball.com

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

3,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Mountainside, NJ
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 40.00
Lighting - Led
NorthStar Mods

$ 9.00
Cabinet Parts
Third Coast Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Phoenix, AZ
$ 1,059.00
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 10.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 42.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Newcastle, OK
$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

$ 1,159.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 225.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp

There are 113 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/oldest-game-youve-had-a-high-end-restore-done-to/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.