Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 41 posts
  • 20 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by Methos
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider caseywreed.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#16 2 years ago

Really interesting question.. Totally agree with SantaEatsCheese that ST:TNG has to be included for ruleset and assets alone. A few more that came to mind based on layouts, rules, and the "feel" of a newer Stern:

Stern Cheetah
    Three flippers, lots of tight lanes, drops with progressive awards, under-the-upper-flipper shot.. feels proto-Elwin in some ways

Sega The X Files
    Lots of bad examples of this game out there, but when it's shooting smooth X-Files has some of my favorite shots in pinball. Both ramps are fairly challenging and the game plays FAST even if the code isn't the deepest. Watching Robert Gagno light it up is always a treat.

Williams Demolition Man
    Code and layout that pushes the player to shoot quickly, know the rules, and execute. Played this game a lot on location at No Quarter and it grew on me more than I expected.

Gottlieb Victory
    Four flippers, super cool upper playfield with multiple ways to get there, and rules that lend themselves well to the theme. When Victory is playing fast it FLOWS. Lack of multiball is kind of a bummer, but I dig the music and there's just something about trying to hit each checkpoint that keeps bringing me back.

#25 2 years ago
    Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Except the post specifically asks for solid state games

None of those games are EMs, but I can understand separating early-SS and DMD-era games if that's what you're getting at.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider caseywreed.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/older-machines-that-shoot-like-newer-sterns?tu=caseywreed and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.