(Topic ID: 266974)

Pre DMD vs Post DMD. Which era did it better?

By IdahoRealtor

3 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 22 posts
  • 16 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by sunnRAT
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Which era did it better? ”

• Pre DMD Era 25 votes
      47%
    • Post DMD Era 28 votes
      53%

(53 votes)

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daditude.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11 3 years ago

This is all greatly dependent on what you grew up with, how simple or diffiicult you like games, what you like to work on, and what themes you are drawn to. I will try to break down each.

art - Pre
    originality - Pre
    fun factor - very subjective. I think it is Pre if you like simpler games and post if you enjoy deeper games.
    replayability - also very subjective. I think it has more to do with specific shots (making them, getting close, or totally shanking them).
    pure pinball bliss - There is no way to quantify this. It largely depends on what you grew up with, your sentimental connection, and your enjoyment in the theme.

Is the post dmd era actually better, or do we just like discussing it more?
    All these games are newer...so they are fresher in peoples minds, are tied more to pop culture, were more widely available, and a lot of people just werent old enough to have played many games before...or even werent alive when they were made.

If there's one pin that most supports your choice please share.
    Its hard to say one pin supports a choice because there are far too many out there.
    Paragon is amazing, but so is JJP potc.

All this is why i always recommend a variety of pins from different eras in ANY home collection.

#14 3 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

You use that like it is past tense. Is there a point in time where someone just stops growing mentally? Oh yeah, almost forgot...this is pinside.

It seems to me that most people under 40 dont have much interest in EMs. They only want dmd and newer pins. I would be very interested to see an age chart on it, actually.

I very rarely see anyone under 60 interested in wood rails. There are, of course, exceptions to everything.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider daditude.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/old-scool-vs-new-school-which-era-did-it-better-?tu=daditude and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.