Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 32 posts
  • 24 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 years ago by sulli10
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sulli10.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#32 12 years ago
    Quoted from Jimmyd044:

I was a teenager in the late 70's and grew up on games like firepower, joker poker, and flash. I just started during the last 6 months playing the early to mid 90's DMD classics like HS2,IJ,and TZ. To be honest the DMD games are great but is it nostalgia that brings me back to the early SS games. I wanna pick up a game like HS2. Do I need more time with newer pins?

Jimmy, you and I are from the same time frame and probably the same part of the country. I started collecting the EM's and older SS's a long time ago. While I get a real kick out of making the older stuff work, after a while, playing them loses my interest. The newer DMD's ( for me any way) have a longer staying power. I like the games with the deeper rule sets ( TZ, LOTR,Shadow) but the faster playing flow games ( such as HS2, Tron, SM and AFM) as well. That being said, alot of my company would gravitate to the older games, during a party, because intuitively they seem easier for the lesser experienced person to understand.

Quoted from McCune:

The glory days of pinball is over and has been since 1996. It is not going to happen again ! We went from over 100,000 pins a year to only a few thousand !

There is no new innovation that could revive the industry back to what it once was .

Sad but true .

Jim, I am afraid you are right. While I may add a year or two to 1996 as far as the golden age, XBOX, PS3 and Wii have killed pins. My kids wouldn't think of spending money in an arcade when they have 7.1 surround sound, HD picture quality and can play with their friends on XBOX live in our family room basement.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider sulli10.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/old-school-vs-dmd?tu=sulli10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.