(Topic ID: 268533)

Old-School Pinside

By Md2020

3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 3 years ago

Right before bed, like usual, I stumbled upon some internet gold. Started recognizing names, ForceFlow was in there, as well as DanQVerymuch.
    Some guy had an issue with a machine hogger at a pinball get-together.
    Woke my wife up from my laughter reading through the entire shebang.
    Starts off nice, keeps on-a-goin after....

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!msg/rec.games.pinball/NJ-xYYvxWG0/KqV84fLGHagJ

1 year later
    #2 2 years ago

You're right, what a blast from the past!

ldnayman is Levi, right? His response to this guy is classic in itself:

-----------------------------------------
    On Mar 25, 8:15 pm, pinball whore <[email protected]> wrote:

> next time you go to a show take a rag with you if you run into someone like this again.
    > hold the rag up against your ass fart into it keep a tight seal on it hold for about 5 to 8
    > seconds then take the rag and put it over his face hold on with both hands over his nose
    > and mouth make sure he inhales it. this is much more satisfing than kicking his ass
    > you will be lauging about it for years it works well on people in wheel chairs too.

This might be the best advice I've ever seen here. About anything.
    -----------------------------------------

Made me nostalgic for rgp.

Although I'm the cheapest bastard that was ever on there and I never got a CARGPB number. Grumble... (It faded away too soon is all.)

#3 2 years ago

Some of us Pinsiders have been talking about pinball online for a very long time!
    Here's the earliest post I could find that I made on RGP, from 1991...no "gold", but kind of interesting to see reviews of games like Party Zone and T2 from when they were new. It's great to be able to read those old posts. I really don't remember a lot of details from my school days (too much studying and no partying!), so it's a great memory jogger. I was studying mechanical engineering at CU Boulder and had very little spare time, but I always found time for pinball.
    I had already been playing for 20 years at that point (I was an older student - graduated at 34). Apparently, it is a very addictive game!!!
    Denny Powers
    DCP

https://groups.google.com/g/rec.games.pinball/c/fOOCyZnD8dI/m/aGn0riGaCt0J

#4 2 years ago

I was there on day 10 of RGP back in '91, if memory serves, having USENET access at Motorola Microcomputer. But I was away from it from not much later, when I moved back to WI, to 2008, when my wife bought me a Funhouse for Christmas.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/old-school-pinside and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.