(Topic ID: 57828)

Old orchard beach Maine still has the same 3 crap games.

By dannunz

6 years ago

Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 9 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by ccotenj
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 6 years ago

How disappointing.... a taf beat to shit with weak flippers and a fun house beat to shit with one flipper half up. Also a de Simpsons that is in playable.

#2 6 years ago

I saw a STTNG there on Memorial Day

#3 6 years ago

Yes, was there 2 weeks ago. The STTNG wasn't working. About the only playable pins in the whole area are at Pinball Wizard. Even the ones at Funspot are in pretty bad condition.

#4 6 years ago

Sttng is not here. Lucky I have a mint one at home.

#5 6 years ago

Ya, funspot has gone down hill pretty rapidly. I was there in December 2013 for my birthday and almost all of the pins were in good shape and running decently. I went there for the Arcade and spent all my time on the pins. Started me down this path into a new hobby.

Went back there over memorial and was so disappointed. more then half were broken and not running and the ones that were running were beat up bad. Well, they did have a good grand Lizard and mostly played that.

Was planning on going back for my birthday again in December and might just change my mind.

#6 6 years ago

Since you guys travel to go to OOB can you tell me why?

I lived in Saco for 20 years(Next town over) and never understood the appeal at all. In fact summers become annoying with how crowded the supermarket would be. I would pop down time to time for some fried dough or pier fries but never understood making it a vacation destination. Seems like so many better places to go.

#7 6 years ago

We only spent the one day out of our week vacation at Old Orchard Beach. The girlfriend used to spend all of her summers there when she was a kid. It would have been much nicer if it wasn't so foggy out.

#8 6 years ago

Ah OOB and Lisa's Pizza... I have very fond memories growing up in Naples. Went to Cheverus for first 2 years to play hockey. Moved to IL senior year of HS in 2000.

Saco was cool, isn't Aquaboggin and Funtown there?! I have to go back to Maine, it's been far too long.

#9 6 years ago

Was just there on vacation in Portland where I grew up. Run to Coast City Comics in Portland 30 minutes away! Attack from Mars, Stern Spiderman, RBION, Family Guy, Dark Knight, Scared stiff, Monsters Bash (that drained right out of popper from below ), Dr Who, Star Wars DE, Dredd was out of order. Games are well kept for and A list titles for .50-.75 a game.
    Run don't walk there. Grab a pint at Gritty McDuff's and a lobster roll from Portland Lobster Company!

#10 6 years ago

Oh, did not know how great Spiderman and Scared Stiff were! Wow!

1 week later
    #11 6 years ago

this makes me sad... every time i go to "the beach" now when i visit maine, i get a bit bummed out seeing what isn't there any more... i spent a TON of time there in the late 60's/early 70's and ther were hundreds of machines then... not to mention a bunch of rides and a pier that was actually fun...

btw, bill's pizza rules... and i can taste "pier fries" just by thinking about them...

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whridlsoncestood:

Since you guys travel to go to OOB can you tell me why?
    I lived in Saco for 20 years(Next town over) and never understood the appeal at all. In fact summers become annoying with how crowded the supermarket would be. I would pop down time to time for some fried dough or pier fries but never understood making it a vacation destination. Seems like so many better places to go.

well, it IS the french-canadien riviera...

#13 6 years ago

It sure is. So many better places in Maine for them to go to and closer. I'll never figure it out

#14 6 years ago

^^^

danged if i know either... but they've been coming there for years... when i was a yute (my dad is from biddeford, my mom from saco), if you didn't speak french in the summer, you couldn't communicate with 90% of the people...

heck, if they stopped coming, the place would go completely out of business...

#15 6 years ago
    Quoted from ccotenj:

well, it IS the french-canadien riviera...

Do they have poutine there?

#16 6 years ago

^^^

lol... y'know, they should, as poutine is a delicacy that everyone should enjoy...

gah... i never could handle the cheese curds... but i DO love them with gravy...

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Flashinstinct
    $ 149.99
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 18.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 269.00
    Displays
    Boston Pinball Company
    $ 16.00
    Tools
    PinballSolutions.eu
    $ 10.00
    Cabinet - Other
    Docquest Pinball Mods
    Hardware
    Pinball Haus
    $ 76.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 7.65
    Cabinet Parts
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 149.00
    $ 10.95
    $ 30.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 149.00
    $ 89.99
    $ 369.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Mircoplayfields
    Cabinet - Other
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 26.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 24.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 2.50
    Playfield - Protection
    Pinball Mod Co.
    $ 25.50
    $ 7.00
    Electronics
    Third Coast Pinball

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside