Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 72 posts
  • 54 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by o-din
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_7894 (resized).JPG
    67BC9A9A-D163-4DC0-A6B1-28A15D8002DE (resized).jpeg
    pasted_image (resized).png
    image (resized).jpeg
    image-21 (resized).jpg

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago

Dual flippers like Sinbad, Globetrotters, etc.

#52 5 years ago

I would like to see the backbox do more things - more lights, flashers, things that move, etc. With leds and modern tech like lcd displays, you could do so much cool things besides just a lit up picture.

#53 5 years ago

Score reels and bells.

#54 5 years ago

Has anyone mentioned...
    Chimes!

#55 5 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

Those stand ups that would kick the ball back at you, like slingshots. TX Sextor has them, and I’m sure quite a few other games.

They are called kicker targets and need to make a comeback. Good call. They create so much action, I really love those freaking things! They make Genesis a fun game all by themselves.

#56 5 years ago

Real Backglass

Simple rules

#57 5 years ago
    Quoted from NoQuarters:

Authentic Knockers. Big ones.

Do melons count... WNBJM

Quoted from o-din:

Score reels and bells.

WNBJM

#58 5 years ago

The one I played had no bells.

#60 5 years ago

I'd love to see a well integrated reversed lower playfield, as seen on Black Hole and Haunted House, and a false standups that could act as a secret ball lock or secret passage--again like Haunted House. Gottlieb really had some cool innovative features back in the day.

#61 5 years ago
    Quoted from mbaumle:

I'd love to see a well integrated reversed lower playfield, as seen on Black Hole and Haunted House, and a false standups that could act as a secret ball lock or secret passage--again like Haunted House. Gottlieb really had some cool innovative features back in the day.

The problem with those was that they took up too much real estate and scrafice all the upper playfield play. Man the main playfield of HH and BH is not fun at all. Haunted houses upper upper playfield helps and it’s what makes it better than BH for me, but yeah, the lower playfields take up too much space.

My entry is varitagets. Man those are satisfying to hit.

#62 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

The one I played had no bells.

But it has score reels and knockers...

#63 5 years ago

Bash toys....

#64 5 years ago

Zipper flippers and especially colorful, attractive screened glass BG's
    Steve

#65 5 years ago

I think someone like should try the zipper flipper upper playfield aka Medusa again, I would also like to see creative inlane/outlane configurations like the old Bally's had.

#66 5 years ago

How about some real artwork instead of cartoons and computer generated crap. Real credit knocker instead of that horrible screech on shitty Sterns.........

#67 5 years ago

I think floating spinners are cool. . .

IMG_7894 (resized).JPGIMG_7894 (resized).JPG

#68 5 years ago

Unconventional layouts of flippers/kicks/pops/etc at the bottom of the PF. They all seem to be the same anymore. Like sinbad, star gazer, sharpshooter, gottlieb around the world etc. I know they may not promote long game times but you could use programming to get around that and have a setting where you have ball save or not. I like short nasty games sometimes to see how long i can last. Usually not long.

#69 5 years ago
    Quoted from Methos:

Dual flippers like Sinbad, Globetrotters, etc.

Second...worst...idea...ever

The worst idea was when Williams, seeing all the trouble those flipper configurations cause for the player, decided to make a flipper button that you could push in halfway to activate just the inner flipper or all the way for both flippers. Seriously, who trains their finger muscles to push a button halfway?
    .................David Marston

#70 5 years ago
    Quoted from dmarston:

Second...worst...idea...ever
    The worst idea was when Williams, seeing all the trouble those flipper configurations cause for the player, decided to make a flipper button that you could push in halfway to activate just the inner flipper or all the way for both flippers. Seriously, who trains their finger muscles to push a button halfway?
    .................David Marston

A good skill to have when you're in multiball on a game like Spider-Man and you want to cradle a ball with the lower right flipper while you shoot for Venom with the upper right flipper. I've done it a handful of times and it is quite satisfying.

#71 5 years ago
    Quoted from shock_me:

A good skill to have when you're in multiball on a game like Spider-Man and you want to cradle a ball with the lower right flipper while you shoot for Venom with the upper right flipper. I've done it a handful of times and it is quite satisfying.

staged flipping is a little different than staged scissor flipping...I think it can be done on globe trotters, but I much prefer to tap pass anyways.

#72 5 years ago

Ask and yee shall receive!

The new Beatles game appears to have bells or bell sound effects.

What an awesome looking and sounding game!

There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/old-features-that-modern-pins-should-have/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.