Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 38 posts
  • 13 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by tonedef131
  • Topic is favorited by 6 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_1898 (resized).jpg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image (resized).jpeg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image_3.jpg
    image_1.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    330732-i.jpg
    10688441_10203699185579841_1496890064473572428_o.jpg
    #1 8 years ago

I wanted to start a thread to invite you all to come play pinball at Old Crown Coffee Roasters.
    330732-i.jpg330732-i.jpg
    Old Crown is a small coffee shop/restaurant/bar on the Northeast side of Fort Wayne, owned by a friend of mine and Doublestacks. The two of us have pooled our personal collections in the back room and run a small league that meets a couple times a month. Every time we would find machines on location they were beat up and those first few quarters were like Russian roulette to see if the flippers even worked. We thought we could do better and give people a decent playing experience in a nice atmosphere. We strive to keep our machines playing as good as any home machines. They are clean, well lit and have snappy flippers. If anything goes down, we take them offline or remove them from location until we can get them playing 100% again.
    10688441_10203699185579841_1496890064473572428_o.jpg10688441_10203699185579841_1496890064473572428_o.jpg
    Right now there is a Creech, WCS94, Jurassic Park, Fish Tales, The Getaway, Firepower, Whitewater and Slugfest. We try to keep the pins rotating through, some of our previous machines include Road Show, Dirty Harry, STTNG, World Challenge Soccer, TMNT, Drac, JM, Jack*bot, Judge Dredd, Hurricane, No Fear, Taxi, F-14, Checkpoint, Flash, Lethal Weapon 3, HSII, Elvira and Space Shuttle.

So if you live in the area or are traveling through, stop in and see if you can get your initials on a machine!

https://pinside.com/pinball/map/where-to-play/old-crown-fort-wayne-in-united-states

www.facebook.com/groups/326512067523455/

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#2 8 years ago

I keep saying I'll be stopping by but it hasn't happened yet. I really want to check your place out!

#3 8 years ago

I should be there in two weeks, thanks for the post.

John P. Dayhuff
    Battle Creek, Mi.
    269-979-3836

#4 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpgour current lineup.

#5 8 years ago

Awesome collection, i hope to make it up there soon. Do you plan to run an IFPA event anytime soon?

#6 8 years ago

Great place to play pinball! Love it!

#7 8 years ago

Thanks for the comments! As Kyle said we are really trying to have a great place to play pinball on good playing machines. We moved a lot of games through this smaller area but this group I consider a pretty solid lineup. Location pinball is what pinball is all about, at least to me. Come by sometime, and yes I'm looking into doing ifpa events sometime in the future.

Ryan

#8 8 years ago

Old pics...

image.jpgimage.jpg
    image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg

#9 8 years ago

If i am up that way I will surely stop in!

#10 8 years ago

It's also worth mentioning that this is an all ages establishment. Bring the kids, they light right up when they walk in the pinball room.

2 weeks later
    #11 8 years ago

I see you

image.jpgimage.jpg

1 week later
    #12 8 years ago

I was there last Saturday while I went to Fort Wayne to pick up my Stars . I didn't stay very long because it was a long way back but had some fun on Dirty Harry, Slugfest, CFTBL, and Fish Tales. All games I never played before. Creature was very fun and my Dad enjoyed it. I wanted to show him the hologram but couldn't light it in two games. I should've tried just one more time... btw I think they have their Dirty Harry on CL.

#13 8 years ago

Thanks for coming by! Yea dirty is on the cl. He is a dirty guy for sure.

#14 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpg

#15 8 years ago

Nice to know somebody else in Fort Wayne shares the love for Pinball! I will have to stop by and play some Pin..also I have the JD you had in my collection now

#16 8 years ago
    Quoted from BladeFury:

Nice to know somebody else in Fort Wayne shares the love for Pinball! I will have to stop by and play some Pin..also I have the JD you had in my collection now

No way! We were just discussing on how much we missed that game. Awesome game man and definitely come by the crown sometime, we can tell the story of pulling dredd out of the smallest apartment ever in Chicago.

Ryan

#17 8 years ago

We are starting league up again next week, pm me or doublestack for the deets!

#18 8 years ago

image.jpgimage.jpgWhite Water just floated in

1 month later
    #19 8 years ago

Ok all you Indiana players here's an update.

Jackbot has left the premises. The getaway HS2 is back with us as life intended it to be.

Star Trek the next gen has landed as well, fresh after a shop it's playing great. Come on by and witness two men stupid enough to route a sttng and deal with its headaches daily!!!!

Also don't forget wh20 is on location at the crown as well. This lineup is killer guys and gals, come check it out!!

#20 8 years ago

Also league this week Thursday the 29th. If you haven't played before....who cares!! Come out and hang. Adult beverages are just a few feet away. It's always a good time.

3 months later
    #21 8 years ago

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#22 8 years ago

I went here for lunch and couple weekends ago just based on seeing it here. I was very happy with the pins and the lunch. It was exactly what I was looking for. You can bring kids, but don't have to. You can drink, but don't have to. It's not just for kids or just for adults like most places. Really laid back & good pinball. Good work Old Crown!

#23 8 years ago

Stopped by this afternoon and put some money in the pins! Great way to have some fun for an hour in the middle of the day Thanks guys will be back again! Also I was surprised how much I like to play FT's!!!

1 month later
    #24 8 years ago

Any chance of an IFPA tournament being held at Old Crown this year?

#25 8 years ago
    Quoted from tsveng:

Any chance of an IFPA tournament being held at Old Crown this year?

I'm sure we could arrange that. PM the details and we can start getting things in order.

#26 8 years ago
    Quoted from tonedef131:

I'm sure we could arrange that. PM the details and we can start getting things in order.

I was asking more of if someone local was planning to run one any time this year. So far, most tournaments in Indiana are either in Lafayette (Main Street Amusements) or in Northwest Indiana, plus the La Margareta annual tournament in Indy.

5 months later
    #27 7 years ago

Jurassic Park added to the lineup this week.

#28 7 years ago

Just curious, so the Fort Wayne league was discontinued for the time being?

#29 7 years ago

League is on break right now, we are planning to get it started up again early this winter.

#30 7 years ago

It's been a while since we had anything old school at The Crown, so we plugged in Firepower last night. For just 25¢ you can experience just how punishing and frustrating SS pinball can be.

1 week later
    #31 7 years ago

Fantastic upcoming pinball tournament in Lafayette, IN at Main Street Amusements next weekend that pinside member Tsskinne is running. If you haven't registered yet, I highly recommend it.
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1715666602037399/?ti=cl

4 weeks later
    #32 7 years ago

Was just here, fantastic place to play! Got to play some games I've never gotten to before!

2 months later
    #33 7 years ago

Can anyone please list the current line-up? Gotta get over there asap!

#35 7 years ago

League starts up this Thursday at 6pm. PM me or check the Facebook group linked in the OP if you're interested. Super casual and all ages/skill levels welcome.

1 week later
    #36 7 years ago

Getaway has been moved to Skeletunes and replaced with Terminator 2: Judgment Day

6 months later
    #37 6 years ago

Added Congo to the lineup and we will be resuming league play starting early September.

1 year later
    #38 5 years ago

We are running the first tournament at Old Crown this Saturday! Starts at 2pm and we have a few horror titles on the floor.

IMG_1898 (resized).jpgIMG_1898 (resized).jpg

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/old-crown-fort-wayne-indiana and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.