• 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by BBC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dono.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17 3 years ago

Is the outhole relay closing during the reset cycle? It should be... this is key for bonus unit to move to the "O" position...

because a NO switch (orange-green) on the Outhole relay, when closed, along with a NO 6D score motor switch when closed will fire the bonus step up solenoid one step to the "O" or 1st bonus position.

So does the bonus unit never pulse past it's starting position?

#19 3 years ago
Quoted from BBC:

Thanks dono. Yes , the out hole relay does activate. In fact, I activates over and over along with the drop target bank and the coil on the coin door.

OK, then definitely check the path from the orange-green outhole relay switch to the 6D score motor switch to the bonus step up solenoid... I use an alligator clip attached to both ends of a long wire to bypass things in the circuit to eliminate/pinpoint issues... you could clip one lead to the orange-green switch contact on the Outhole relay to the hot lead on the bonus step up solenoid...

Good luck, check back.

#20 3 years ago

Any progress?

#23 3 years ago
Quoted from BBC:

Hi everyone, got it fixed today. As I was hooking up the jumpers dono suggested, the bonus stepped up at the end of the start up like it was supposed to. Turns out the step up coil had a bad solder connection, I resoldered and it works great. Thanks for everyone’s help!!!!

Awesome, glad you were able to solve your issue.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dono.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/old-chicago-start-up-problem-?tu=Dono and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.