2 years ago

Topic Stats

• 8 posts
  • 3 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by EMsInKC
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aeolus7.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#4 2 years ago

Ron sells a kit with dremel bits for cutting through the clear and glue/syringes to seal newly drilled spots. I would definitely recommend it. And agree completely on new drill bits. Sharp is good. Along with the bits, it’s a 3-step process if I recall: dremel the clear, drill, seal with glue/syringe.

#6 2 years ago
    Quoted from EMsInKC:

I got the kit so I'm good there.
    I can remove a touch of clear from the hole edges no problem. One real question is this game uses those through the playfield nails that attach the bumper bracket. You think I'd be ok drilling it out but having the head of that nail tightening down on the clear on the top side?

Gotcha, I havent worked on a game from this era, but I’ve done this both ways with System 11 & WPC playfields. Assuming they use the same type of setup (fin screws or similar?) I believe the best practice is to cut the clear just enough so the top of the screw head is flush with the top of the clear using the Kruzman bits.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider aeolus7.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/old-chicago-playfield-swap-kruzman-clearcoat?tu=aeolus7 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.