3 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png
#1 3 years ago

Tried searching for this as I'm sure its come up before but cant seem to locate anything - perhaps I'm using wrong wording. Anyway, just recently did a clean up on all scoring reels (between the 6-9 on each reel was especially loaded with crud) on all 4 player banks - now notice the 4th player ONLY 100,000 light (over the top) comes on as soon as the 4th player 10k score flips to 2 (over 20,000) - checked the switches on third & 4th score reel and appears ok but obviously I suspect I moved/dislodged something during the take apart/cleaning process. Any recommendations? Thanks for your help.

#2 3 years ago

Check the 4th player's 10,000s unit's 9th position switch.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#3 3 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

[quoted image]

Thanks for the response Howard - it does appear that all 3 switches are closed in position 9 - and all open in position 0.

But agree its got to be in the switch.

#4 3 years ago
Quoted from JeffThanksYou:

4th player ONLY 100,000 light (over the top) comes on as soon as the 4th player 10k score flips to 2 (over 20,000)

Quoted from HowardR:

Quoted from JeffThanksYou:

all 3 switches are closed in position 9 - and all open in position 0.

The problem happens when the "4th player 10k score flips to 2" so how does the switch I asked about look when the problem is about to happen, that is, the reel is in position 1?

#5 3 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

The problem happens when the "4th player 10k score flips to 2" so how does the switch I asked about look when the problem is about to happen, that is, the reel is in position 1?

Resolved....I did review the position of all switch positions - "9" all closed, "0" all open and "1-8" (actually before I saw your reply) where it looks like the top switch which which is supposed to be open while bottom 2 are closed was making very slight contact. It turns out one of the stack screws was too short and really wasn't doing much - so obviously shifted slightly - I am pretty much a solo player these days as kids are grown/gone so 4th score scenario doesn't get much activity- likely been that way for a while - now to find a (3-48 x 1) screw....could be a challenge. Thanks so much for your time and insight.

J

#6 3 years ago

Amazon and Mcmaster.com have 3-48 screws. I'm not sure if the ones I have are 1" long. Pinside's parts thread will probably find you some.

#7 3 years ago

Try Fastenal. I purchased various 3-48 screws. Also Lawson products.

#8 3 years ago
Quoted from HowardR:

Amazon and Mcmaster.com have 3-48 screws. I'm not sure if the ones I have are 1" long. Pinside's parts thread will probably find you some.

Quoted from Skidave:

Try Fastenal. I purchased various 3-48 screws. Also Lawson products.

Thanks for the tips - will try those routes

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/old-chicago-over-the-top-light-comes-on-too-soon?hl=skidave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.